advice please

shivarussell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

sooo, anyone had any dealings from this guy?

https://airsoft-forums.uk/profile/40820-de09/

he contacted me to say he had an item i'm after, I'm willing to give him the benifit of the doubt even though he's new but theres some red flags as far as i'm concerned.

He sent me a picture of the item, then another on request but apart from the date note (which is in american format) the pictures are identical even though they were taken on different days (same placement on floor etc)..... the colour/lightness of the note also looks suspect so i suspect its a photoshop

what do you guys think?  I've attached the pictures.

ppk 01.jpg

ppk 02.jpg

6 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

That looks photoshopped to me

I thought that. The lighting looks different on the paper to the rest of the image. Strange.

looks dodgy AF, steer clear and report them

also the second looks like he's wrote it on normal paper and zoomed it in for a photo, and the username is wrong 😅

Edited by strykerles

1 hour ago, Terrywristt said:

Simple google image search shows he's photoshopped it using this as the source

Steer clear.  Report him to a mod

i saw that image but there was a lot of differences

1 hour ago, Good day said:

Yeah  that looks off.

I have another guy, not sending any photos but just wanting to contact through email and isn’t answering why not just do it through here. 

He’s only been on for a month and no feed back. 

thats exactly what he said to me....heres what he said... 

"Hello buddy, I have Movie prop series Maruzen ppk/s gbb pistol with silencer and magazine laying around collecting dust, Text me here is best [email protected], I get lot of spam calls and leave phone in the truck but check mail . Thanks"

so yeah, scammer

ah ok, i did report him as suspect to Jedimaster but couldnt hand on heart say he was 100% scammer

another one bites the dust

thanks to Terrywristt, when i looked at your picture more closely i saw the same indents/marks/scuffs etc on the original image... so yeah good call mate.... cheers, feel better now

Edited by shivarussell

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, shivarussell said:

i saw that image but there was a lot of differences

Yes, he's put a fair a bit of effort into manipulating it, which is pretty surprising.  The marks in the foam are identical though, and he messed up the removal of the original note.

image.png.bb919a77e9721ec9ced277dfb2ebc79f.pngimage.png.414208d89d9e65b382930f0a9054abd1.png

Still a pretty decent job though and it would have fooled a lot of people - good on you for checking.

2 hours ago, Terrywristt said:

Simple google image search shows he's photoshopped it using this as the source

Steer clear.  Report him to a mod

Yep!  I was just about to post the same thing; it is the left hand one.

• Supporters

A lot of photoshop type scamming attempts recently, not sure if it's just one or two shit bags doing it, or is it a new tactic by scammers in general ?. 

As long as everyone, new & old, does their due diligence to the best of their abilities, & NEVER pays with anything other than PayPal goods & services, then there's usually a good likelihood of getting your money back. 

Agreed. Good advice.

And look out cause there is some character selling a moody gunslinger bag or something in the classifieds.😉 

• Supporters

Has anybody sent any money to @mathewwyne  ?, if so you might want to consider starting a claim via PayPal etc, he's approached a new member with a wanted ad, wanting to take all Comms off forum, which to me is a massive red flag.

Get it started before we hit him with the big hammer lol.

mc-hammer-hammer-time.gif

Scumbags like DE09 are why I'm wary of sellers without feedback.

Even if there were flaws in his Photoshopping, it's a shame that he would invest that much effort and time in something dishonest when he could do something positive with his skills.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Tackle said:

Has anybody sent any money to @mathewwyne  ?, if so you might want to consider starting a claim via PayPal etc, he's approached a new member with a wanted ad, wanting to take all Comms off forum, which to me is a massive red flag.

Get it started before we hit him with the big hammer lol.

mc-hammer-hammer-time.gif

He's gone, anybody been offered anything by new member @Scot

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

Thought I'd share this, not here,over on zin, thankfully guy was wise to it, but the scammers are getting better with photoshopping stuff, as usual targeting wanted ads.

Keep up with due diligence, if the seller doesn't have considerable feedback & forum presence then ask for more info, & maybe some staged pics, get his nan in a picture holding the gun lol, & lastly, only ever pay via Paypal goods & services, never f&f or bank transfer, or if you can, collect it in person.

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rate-a-trader/3324582-qt09-scammer-avoid

Remember there are genuine sellers out there with 0 feedback (e.g. Me). I’ve just posted my first for sale advert. 

I hate scammers as much as the next man/woman. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Sisu said:

Remember there are genuine sellers out there with 0 feedback (e.g. Me). I’ve just posted my first for sale advert. 

I hate scammers as much as the next man/woman. 

But that's just what a scammer WOULD say!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.