What does everyone really think of kickingmustang

Mk46 Mod0

20 hours ago, Callsign.Zero.Phoenix said:

Oh and his real name is James ….., not "Bailey" or "Trouble", so every waiver he ever signed for any site is void, that's a fun one for insurance, eh?

Anyone can use any name they wish, the only legal issue is an attempt to deceive

A waiver signed is just as valid whether signed in your birth name, an alias or as Mickey Mouse

18 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Not that i'm taking his side, but one wonders if calling out his real name (assuming this to be information he hasn't willingly put out himself) isn't doxxing, or at least doxxing adjacent?

It's adjacent at worst, think how many film and music personalities have different names than what's on their birth certificates. If I had access to his phone number or address and released that information, that would be doxxing.

I've said for a while of him that there's two possibilities:

The Kicking Mustang persona is a character that he uses to drive engagement, sort of like Borat or Keith Lemon. The truth being that he knows exactly how controversial he is being and its all done for a bit, for the sake of content, however his behaviour off field and online would indicate that's not the case.

Or

He genuinely is that guy, the few times when he's friendly to people is the mask (almost exclusively reserved for younger airsofters encountered in person) and that he truly believes every ridiculous thing he's ever said, including all the racist/homophobic codswallop he spat as his "Jedi Economist" twitter account.

Honestly, he's so close to being the 'Airsoft Alex Jones', I feel like he's one strong cup of coffee away from claiming they're "Puttin' chemicals in the black gas to turn our mk23s gay!"

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Tommikka said:

A waiver signed is just as valid whether signed in your birth name, an alias or as Mickey Mouse

Yup, they're all equally meaningless, in so much as they profess to waive your rights to redress for injury due to negligence.

I think it's option 2. Anyone playing a character for that long would've had at least one moment where the mask slipped by now. 

Unfortunately I think the only thing that'll make him leave airsoft is if the money dries up, either due to lower views or more sites banning him which won't happen when sites like Pheonix allow/encourage his bullshit. When that happens I can almost guarantee he'll start releasing even controversial content to try and stay in the spotlight 

19 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I think it's option 2. Anyone playing a character for that long would've had at least one moment where the mask slipped by now. 

Unfortunately I think the only thing that'll make him leave airsoft is if the money dries up, either due to lower views or more sites banning him which won't happen when sites like Pheonix allow/encourage his bullshit. When that happens I can almost guarantee he'll start releasing even controversial content to try and stay in the spotlight 

Having seen his spawn camping, experienced his cheating as a marshal, and read his bigoted comments, I am pretty sure that he is just an egregious little shit who has found a way of monetising his behaviour.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I think it's option 2. Anyone playing a character for that long would've had at least one moment where the mask slipped by now

I do wonder that given his earlier (pre "going big") wasnt that bad that maybe its a case of wearing the mask long enough to become it?

I remember him having more normal gameplay videos, the stuff where he was showing a lot of uncut footage of him being a hedge and occasionally someone would walk by him or he'd take a pot shot.

Whilst it felt genuine, it would have been dreadfully boring to watch to someone who didnt play.

Then ofc there's the video that gets picked up by the algorithm, a natural cheater encounter, ad revenue starts becoming a thing that exists in a meaningful way and it's a slow decline into having to seek out, then manufacturer drama to keep the clickbait machine fed.

But then:

4 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Having seen his spawn camping, experienced his cheating as a marshal, and read his bigoted comments, I am pretty sure that he is just an egregious little shit who has found a way of monetising his behaviour.

Sounds like an equally plausible origin story.

It may be nature (Darwin).  It may be nurture (Locke).

It could also be Nietzsche though.  Maybe he has the will to power to be an arsehole.   

Given his bigoted nonsense, anything's possible.  

He doesn't deserve the oxygen of publicity, nor the oxygen of oxygen to be frank.  

20 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

It could also be Nietzsche though

Holy hell, I just had a flashback to HNC Business Administration at Angus Technical College 1989

• 1 month later...
On 28/10/2023 at 16:00, Mk46 Mod0 said:

I know he's banned from most of the sites I play. When I first started watching his videos I found them funny but the more I watched the more I realised he was aiming for painful shots calling cheats raging when the tables turned on him all for YouTube. 

I agree with you he is a nob end

On 28/12/2023 at 21:39, gavinkempsell said:

Holy hell, I just had a flashback to HNC Business Administration at Angus Technical College 1989

Youngster 

BTEC diploma & certificates in Business studies at Salisbury college of technology between 1984 & 1987

I don’t recall Nietzsche on the business curriculum …. Though that didn’t necessarily mean discussions in college and random parties didn’t involve ‘philosophical’ pretension in order to ‘impress’ Wig & Quill bar staff 

On 28/12/2023 at 21:39, gavinkempsell said:

9 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

I don’t recall Nietzsche on the business curriculum

I still have the book (somewhere), Nietzsche was deffo there & not as a student.

Theres the old saying - When someone tells you who they are the first time, believe them.

• 2 weeks later...

So all of the videos from this "headless Chicken" mob are all pro KM propaganda then? Seems like it.

Maybe he's giving them a kickback from any sales generated from pretending that he's good for the sport.

• Supporters

It's a curious one.  I get how non-airsofter LadBible types enjoy his well-produced fiction, in the same way that I dimly grasp the appeal of Jackass.

Actual airsofters on an actual site? Baffling.  I'd have to assume that Phoenix arranges things so that Useful Regulars are always on the same side as him, rather than getting spawn camped by him.

They've just shared the post to another airsoft page on fb too. Obviously weren't happy with 90% of the comments being negative so thought they'd try again! lol

Wow. I know Facebook is full of Muppets but the guy running the group is threatening people with bans for stating their opinion. 

The world disappoints me more every day.

Screenshot_20240218-190700.png

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

Wow. I know Facebook is full of Muppets but the guy running the group is threatening people with bans for stating their opinion. 

The world disappoints me more every day.

Screenshot_20240218-190700.png

Lol, what's the page name, I'll join it just so that I can get banned too 😂

13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Airsoft UK.

Enjoy. 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

I cannot join because I do not have a "real" profile picture, whatever that means.