TRMR Stolen.

HS_2571

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all, 

unfortunate post… my TRMR was stolen down at Ucap Bunker this evening. 

S/N 6204 - Purple single shot 

engraved with J.G 

just a word of warning to anyone if they see a TRMR up for sale on the classifieds. 

Photos of when I got it. Obviously will look a lot worse now after 4 years of being thrown around. 

I know it’s probably long gone now and won’t be returned but no harm in putting the word out. 

IMG_9688.jpeg

IMG_9690.jpeg

IMG_9689.jpeg

Sorry to see that. I've given up on reuseables due to theft. 

I had a purple one stolen, just like yours when they first came out. 2 weeks later a couple of rentals showed up with zero of their own kit but they'd got a purple TRMR. Wandered over and it was my serial number. Got that one back. It got stolen again by a rogue marshal, it got returned with apologies by the site owner. 

It then went missing at another site and never resurfaced. 

Had another impact last year dissappear and a friend a TRMR. All at different sites. 

• Supporters

Really sorry to hear that.  The Depot 1.0 site was on the verge of banning all reusables because they were getting nicked and they didn't want the hassle.

I have a policy of always retrieving them straight away, even if it's calling myself out and getting lit up in the process.  I've had marshals tell me to get them later, but I now politely but firmly insist, or ask them to retrieve them for me.  Unfortunate, but it's the reality of humans being dicks until proven otherwise.

Huh. That's smart. I wonder where's he's hiding the airtags in the grenade. Can't imagine it's just stuck to the outside somewhere in case it gets broken when thrown.

Theft is also one of the reasons I sold off some of my BFGs. I'd rather be able to throw pyro/grenades then carry on with gameplay without worrying about it being stolen.

Edited by MrTea

If I use it then one number priority to get it back ASAP and I don't care if anyone else moans about it. I walk into the biggest fight if I have to but I don't trust any fucker. 🤣 Way too expensive to replace it anyway.

Fortunately I've got only good experiences so far but that's partly because I'm well aware some people like to collect bits from others.

Edited by Krisz

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, another way to play is to carry enough pyro that you can be sure of clearing the area and moving up to retrieve it. ;) 

I do this, just not with reusables....

See, this is why I haven't bought any reusables yet. I hear so many stories of theft 😔

Edited by Impulse

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a TRMR multishot when they were brand spanking new in the hot pink colour, hot off the press, then used it for the first time at AI500 at Kirton on Lindsey - I was the only person using a pink one out of a couple of hundred people and on the sunday it went missing in the afternoon - some scrote pinched it on the spot - i'd cycled maybe 3 blanks through it. If the airtag wasn't so ginormous, i'd use one in everything that could develop legs going forward.

Just as a counter. 

I've been using re usables for over 10 years, I've gone through at least 400 primers in that time and have 2 (had 3) reusable grenades. Never had one stolen and having done the maths have saved over £1000 in pyro costs for it AND I still have 2 bfgs that I could resell. 

Once at a game I threw it, 3 marshalls saw where it was and when I went to collect it at the end of the game, it wasn't there. The marshalls called it out loud and said nobody was leaving until it was found....it was miraculously found about 20 metres away, outside on a barrel. Likely had been stolen and dumped when they realised the marshalls weren't just going to ignore it. 

Even if it had been stolen, the return on the investment Vs pyro have been so good I couldn't talk them down. 

Theft does happen, but sensible use and follow up can mitigate the risk and the savings Vs disposable are so big that even if you account for it being stolen every 100 throws it's still worth it. 

26 minutes ago, Emergencychimps said:

Just as a counter. 

I've been using re usables for over 10 years, I've gone through at least 400 primers in that time and have 2 (had 3) reusable grenades. Never had one stolen and having done the maths have saved over £1000 in pyro costs for it AND I still have 2 bfgs that I could resell. 

Once at a game I threw it, 3 marshalls saw where it was and when I went to collect it at the end of the game, it wasn't there. The marshalls called it out loud and said nobody was leaving until it was found....it was miraculously found about 20 metres away, outside on a barrel. Likely had been stolen and dumped when they realised the marshalls weren't just going to ignore it. 

Even if it had been stolen, the return on the investment Vs pyro have been so good I couldn't talk them down. 

Theft does happen, but sensible use and follow up can mitigate the risk and the savings Vs disposable are so big that even if you account for it being stolen every 100 throws it's still worth it. 

You have to play at places where the marshals/owners give a crap though. Big events like AI, NAE etc - Too many players, too little time - and quite often are volunteers - nice that you had that experience with marshals but it is very, very rare.

2 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

You have to play at places where the marshals/owners give a crap though. Big events like AI, NAE etc - Too many players, too little time - and quite often are volunteers

This. It does make me laugh that so many people will moan about how bad sites are, yet continue to go there week after week. As for the big events, imo this is just another reason to avoid them. As for marshals being volunteers, to me that makes no difference. Either do the job properly or  don't volunteer 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

it was miraculously found about 20 metres away, outside on a barrel. Likely had been stolen and dumped

Alternatively, someone trying to be helpful had moved it to where they thought it would be easy to find.

As another example of decent site running, the Depot 1.0 exhorted people not to do this, because folk will look for them on the ground where they threw them, not at eye level somewhere else.

The site in question have a rule that you should leave all pyro where it is and not move, even if you think it's more helpful, it's well briefed.

For this example, it was thrown into the middle of a multi room building and there were several places it could have been placed to make it easier to find. Instead it was completely out of the building on a barrel, some distance from the building. 

My point was though, even if it had been stolen and I replaced it, financially I'd still be far better off than if I'd bought all of that as disposable pyro. I've used bfgs at many Stirling events (15+) as well. Yes my local site reacted well etc but I'd encourage people not to ignore the possibility of bfgs as they can be a huge cost saver. 

Either we've been very lucky or you lot need to play different sites.  Anything dropped or lost has been found and handed back to us... even pistol mags in 70 acres of woodland have found their way home.

22 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

The marshalls called it out loud and said nobody was leaving until it was found....it was miraculously found about 20 metres away, outside on a barrel. Likely had been stolen and dumped when they realised the marshalls weren't just going to ignore it.

Was that a Gunman site by any chance?  I seem to recall hearing that in the briefings at Tuddenham.  Seems a good idea to put that out there right away to deter anyone from trying it. 

Though not sure legally where they stand preventing people from leaving though it would look a bit suss if someone did try.

I suppose you could argue if you heard it in the briefing, there is a verbal contract that you agreed to be detained in such an event and you had the option to leave after the briefing if you disagreed.

Doubt it's a right that can be revoked simply. 

Personally I wouldn't have a problem having my gear searched if asked nicely,  but you'd be doing very well to stop me from leaving when I deemed it time to go.

17 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Doubt it's a right that can be revoked simply. 

Personally I wouldn't have a problem having my gear searched if asked nicely,  but you'd be doing very well to stop me from leaving when I deemed it time to go.

Likewise.

9 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Was that a Gunman site by any chance?  I seem to recall hearing that in the briefings at Tuddenham.  

Yes and it was tuddenham. Dropped into the middle of building 5, found on a barrel between buildings 3 and 4. 

6 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

I would have a problem with it. Nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide was an approach used by the Nazis and pretty much every oppressive state since then to put more and more monitoring (spying), It's a slippery slope. 

I like the guy who used an airtag on his pyro. 

12 minutes ago, Emergencychimps said:

Nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide was an approach used by the Nazis and pretty much every oppressive state

Hence my qualifier "ask nicely".  Be a tw@t and you'll be treated accordingly. 

It's a horrible balance to find,  but ultimately social responsibility goes both ways.

11 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

Nazis

Goodwin's law

11 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Hence my qualifier "ask nicely".  Be a tw@t and you'll be treated accordingly. 

It's a horrible balance to find,  but ultimately social responsibility goes both ways.

Agreed. To many people nowadays think they can treat others like shit and then get all upset when they get the same treatment back. I'm willing to bet that those complaining or refusing wouldn't have the same attitude if it was their property that was nicked

This reminds me of an incident many years ago at electrowerkz. Part way through the evening a player realised his wallet had gone walkies. Staff were informed and as it happened a few of the regulars were serving police officers. An announcement was made about what had happened, that nobody would be leaving and unless the wallet turned up they would start searches of kit and people. Fortunately said wallet did turn up and games started up again.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

nobody would be leaving

Under threat of what action?

Under those circumstances I'd be happy to be searched - I might even volunteer for it to set an example - but I'm leaving when I'm leaving. My liberty is worth more than your property.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.