People asking questions on sales and not even reading the reply

novioman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have had several people recently ask questions about my adverts, for example will you do it for this etc , have you got this as well etc, I don’t mind having offers, answering questions, sending pictures, but what really annoys me is when they don’t even read my answer. Why start up a message between us with questions when you don’t intend to even read my response.

Can’t see any point, and it just looks rude. 

• Supporters

Unfortunately, courtesy & manners seem to be dying out, ironically I think technology has has played a part in that, & it probably doesn't help when it's the school holidays too lol. 

Just now, Tackle said:

Unfortunately, courtesy & manners seem to be dying out, ironically I think technology has has played a part in that, & it probably doesn't help when it's the school holidays too lol. 

I agree. The old values that were drummed into us when we were kids are dying out. It's a bit like blacksmiths and thatchers....not many people use them any more.☹️

The flip side is sending questions and pm's that don't get answered by the seller.  I've got one pm that still hasn't been read after more than a week, on an item that hasn't been marked as sold, even after prompting with a question.  

Sellers, check your pm's at least daily please

My big one is going through the whole process agreeing a price then them turning around and admitting they can't provide a defence.

12 minutes ago, BigStew said:

My big one is going through the whole process agreeing a price then them turning around and admitting they can't provide a defence.

Knobs!

But folk ghosting you is a dicks game, the amount of messages I’ve sent on Discord trying to give somebody my money is INCREDIBLE. this place is a piece of p1$$ in comparison LOL

D’ya think a ukara should be provided to register for the website?

(serious question)

Plenty of naysayer’s and summer holiday warriors appearing at regular periods

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

7 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

No. This would block any new players wanting to get into the game from joining leaving them to go elsewhere and get dog shit advice from people who don't know what they're on about. Also there are quite a few long time players on here who don't have a site membership for one reason or another.

Yes, this does leave us open to the usual dickheads and time wasters, but then who will we have to take the piss out of?

6 hours ago, BigStew said:

What kinda defence would you accept? There is always the very thorough threads in the 'law' section that imply that whilst I have never been on the ukara register, I do have a valid defence....

6 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

(serious question)

Absolutely not. That would make this site an even greater clique than it currently is (and yes I understand that is the nature of forums), and how many of the regular posters would that exclude? 

I personally spent a week or so as a guest, reading like crazy whilst deciding to sink money and time into the hobby, when I did start posting, there was a lot of repeating a couple of posts above, again the nature of forums. 

As to the ghosting of buying/selling here.... I have found Comms are much better from active users.

6 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

(serious question)

Plenty of naysayer’s and summer holiday warriors appearing at regular periods

No

A forum isn’t a shop, it’s a place for discussion

You don’t even need a VCRA Defence to buy an IF, clothing, bags etc

2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

What kinda defence would you accept? There is always the very thorough threads in the 'law' section that imply that whilst I have never been on the ukara register, I do have a valid defence....

Absolutely not. That would make this site an even greater clique than it currently is (and yes I understand that is the nature of forums), and how many of the regular posters would that exclude? 

I personally spent a week or so as a guest, reading like crazy whilst deciding to sink money and time into the hobby, when I did start posting, there was a lot of repeating a couple of posts above, again the nature of forums. 

As to the ghosting of buying/selling here.... I have found Comms are much better from active users.

Proof that they have actually been to an airsoft site, booking, email from owner, picture of them at a game.

12 hours ago, Tackle said:

technology has has played a part in that

They'll have had an email with the contents of your reply I expect? if they've read that, it answers their question and they've decided it doesn't need a reply then there's no incentive to log on here and read it again. Still begs the question of why they decided a response wasn't needed.

Personally I'd reply with a 'thanks but no thanks' kind of reply, because that's the courteous thing to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree a reply should be sent.... But bear in mind we don't know how people's lives run.  I've been off the forum for a few weeks due to work and family; so there might well be a valid reason.

But having contributed in a professional capacity of forums giving advice to people, it was very annoying when an answer was given potentially saving someone thousands of pounds, and there wasn't ever a thanks given (which was all we were ever after).

9 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

I agree a reply should be sent.... But bear in mind we don't know how people's lives run.  I've been off the forum for a few weeks due to work and family; so there might well be a valid reason.

But having contributed in a professional capacity of forums giving advice to people, it was very annoying when an answer was given potentially saving someone thousands of pounds, and there wasn't ever a thanks given (which was all we were ever after).

Thanks 😉

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.