NAF 22

Merchant Lord

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Yeah, but no.  I have no moral axe to grind, I'd just prefer that you took up fishing or rambling if you're predominantly interested in finding somewhere to spliff up.

Interesting that NAF make no mention of playing under the influence (of anything), or make any pretence that it's a legal-substances-only event.  Actually a smart move from a duty-of-care point of view.  It does amuse me when sites declare a "zero tolerance policy", then exhibit zero ability to smell what's wafting in from the car park.

Oh Rogerborg it must suck getting old, i will leave one at the bar for you. You really need it. 🥱

I think the gameplay I'd be most looking forward to would be the pistols and shotguns game and would probably give the night game a very, very wide berth, but otherwise I gather it's mostly just an excuse to hang out with the boys (and girls) from your local airsoft site. I find AI500 to be the same, gameplay is a bit crap but the social experience is incredibly fun.

That said, I won't be at this one and have actually never been in all of my 17 years airsofting. When I was in the UK when I started airsoft I was a teenager and my parents wouldn't want to go, then when I was old enough to go alone I was in Spain, then I was back in the UK but too busy / poor to make it and now the guys that I go airsofting with are staff at my local site and the NAF always seems to be on the same weekend as skirmish days at Worthing so we can't go. Fate itself is conspiring against me going to the NAF :(

Yeah, but no.  I have no moral axe to grind, I'd just prefer that you took up fishing or rambling if you're predominantly interested in finding somewhere to spliff up.

Interesting that NAF make no mention of playing under the influence (of anything), or make any pretence that it's a legal-substances-only event.  Actually a smart move from a duty-of-care point of view.  It does amuse me when sites declare a "zero tolerance policy", then exhibit zero ability to smell what's wafting in from the car park.

They do. "Please save your drinking for after you have finished playing for the day" is in the player pack, but you're correct, doesn't say anything about not playing while high as a kite.

15 minutes ago, Merchant Lord said:

Oh Rogerborg it must suck getting old, i will leave one at the bar for you. You really need it. 🥱

Not everyone needs drugs and alcohol in their lives to get their kicks, or use as a coping mechanism. I know I don't. And I don't consider myself old at 40. 

Just the smell of the 'herbs' being smoked is pretty disgusting to me. Never liked it as kid when my parents (and later my siblings) smoked it. I certainly can't stand it now.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Merchant Lord said:

Its got feck all with getting old, some of us would just rather not be around doped up twats, especially when there's the possibility of Airsoft being involved, it's hard enough to enforce safe play with some idiots, what they gonna be like if their toking🤪🤯

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

They do mention that anyone even smelling of alcohol will not be allowed to play, although I wonder how effectively they can police that.

1 minute ago, colinjallen said:

They do mention that anyone even smelling of alcohol will not be allowed to play, although I wonder how effectively they can police that.

Pretty sure if they start sniffing players they might get law suits filed against them...

33 minutes ago, Merchant Lord said:

It has nothing to do with age; I know, and have previously known, some older folk who are or were into drugs of all sorts ranging from a bit of weed to Heroin.

in terms of Airsoft, what it is about is safety.  Do I trust some twat who has been sniffing coke or even someone who has enjoyed a joint to make the right decisions?  Having spent far too much of my life with people like that, the only possible answer is NO.

1 hour ago, Merchant Lord said:

Only old and/or boring people don't want to be around intoxicated people, who are operating equipment which can cause life altering injuries? Does that sound like a strong stance to you?

Let's face it, the site organisers can't even be arsed to cover basic safety, like chrono-ing on a regular skirmish day. There's no way they can police 3,000 people for alcohol or drugs.

As for people blazing up, it seems to be a common occurance at GZ. Played there half a dozen times this year and there's always a smell of it in the car park.

Can't stand it myself, mainly because the majority of weed heads all seem boring as fuck. Each to their own I guess, but I'd rather not have to put up with it.

18 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Only old and/or boring people don't want to be around intoxicated people

This is a bit harsh as my boring old grandad RIP was smoking all the way up to his 90th and he loved being around open free thinking minded people.

Not everyone gets boring as they get old ! i certainly haven't 😎 

1 hour ago, colinjallen said:

Do I trust some twat who has been sniffing coke or even someone who has enjoyed a joint to make the right decisions?  Having spent far too much of my life with people like that, the only possible answer is NO

Who would? That is pretty obvious right? Am i the only one who thinks its crazy that you would actually play the game intoxicated! 

All i know is that after a long day skirmishing i would rather relax with a jib in the evening than get drunk with crusties at the bar!

Cheers ! 🥴 

Ahhh, I see you went to the Twitter school of debate, where you resort to childish misdirection and passive aggressive insults, in the absence of a legitimate refutation.

4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

They can't, not with 300 players, let alone 3000. It's just lip-service.

Of course it is; it is yet another rule that cannot be enforced.

3 hours ago, Merchant Lord said:

Who would? That is pretty obvious right? Am i the only one who thinks its crazy that you would actually play the game intoxicated! 

All i know is that after a long day skirmishing i would rather relax with a jib in the evening than get drunk with crusties at the bar!

Cheers ! 🥴 

What people do for post event relaxation should be of no interest to other players or event organisers provided it is done off-site; however, what we were discussing was people playing while under the influence. Rogerborg's comment was clearly about that and you responded with a childish attempt at a put-down.  Your attempt to reposition yourself is weak.

Strangely, many of us make do without either a post-event joint or post-event drunkenness.

Spending too much of my life around people who were/are long term users helped me understand the medium to long term impact of drug use, even of cannabis.

Afternoon all. Loving the posts. Brilliant topic. 🤑

Anyone watching the fight tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, colinjallen said:

What people do for post event relaxation should be of no interest to other players or event organisers provided it is done off-site; however, what we were discussing was people playing while under the influence. Rogerborg's comment was clearly about that and you responded with a childish attempt at a put-down.  Your attempt to reposition yourself is weak.

Strangely, many of us make do without either a post-event joint or post-event drunkenness.

Spending too much of my life around people who were/are long term users helped me understand the medium to long term impact of drug use, even of cannabis.

hold on bud. Just getting my worlds smallest violin out. 

There we go feel better?

I'd also be looking forward to seeing how they handle chrono because it looks like they'll be doing it on .2s. If they do, there will be plenty of hot guns on the field as anyone running gas or HPA who sets 350fps on .2s will creep on heavier ammo; can confirm as someone who pretty much solely uses GBB(R)s and HPA systems.

14 minutes ago, Merchant Lord said:

Afternoon all. Loving the posts. Brilliant topic. 🤑

Anyone watching the fight tomorrow?

hold on bud. Just getting my worlds smallest violin out. 

There we go feel better?

Do you have to practice being a twat, or does it come naturally?

• Supporters

I find it kinda funny that some people are talking about drinking & drugtaking as a means to wind down & relax after a "hard" days skirmishing. 

For me, skirmishing is my relaxation from the pressures of everyday life, I thought that was the whole point of any hobby or amateur sporting pastime. 

Is the gameplay so poor at the naf that people need drugs to get over it ?, or is it all those speshul operators who think they're so hardcore that a full weekend of non stop walting needs some serious "gear" to recover with ? 

🤔

I will be there as first timer to join such a 3000 large scale Airsoft game, back in HK around 100 people game is large, but not as large as this one.

Hope my recently purchased TM MWS will fit in haha

I bet the anti gun lobbyists love seeing this sort of arguing.

I can see the headlines "Airsoft events rife with drug taking and alcoholism"

Paints a pretty picture don't it. 🤦

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Impulse said:

I'd also be looking forward to seeing how they handle chrono

I'd be astonished if it's anything more than a voluntary check for those interested in seeing what their guns put out according to any of the multiple uncalibrated chronos available.

I'd be astonished if it's anything more than a voluntary check for those interested in seeing what their guns put out according to any of the multiple uncalibrated chronos available.

Never seen a chrono at GZ in the past four years.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.