Stupid doesn’t even cover it , Airsoft Cardiff advertised a Russia V Ukraine game !

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Well it seems the number of Airsofters trying to get our sport banned through utter stupidity are now being joined by the F***ing sites they play at as well ! Their are no words to describe this . 
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/airsoft-cardiff-ukraine-russia-conflict-23224443?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

• Supporters

Wtf, what utter mongs, I never like to see Airsoft sites go to the wall, but in this 0instance it would be well deserved. 

I hope players show their feelings by not just boycotting the event, but the site in general from now on. 

🤬

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Wtf, what utter mongs, I never like to see Airsoft sites go to the wall, but in instance it would be well deserved. 

I hope players show their feelings by not just boycotting the event, but the site in general from now on. 

🤬

Oh don’t worry I’m going to start telling everyone I know down this neck of the woods to boycott them ! gotta laugh they’ve now amended the post to say their going to donate 10% of the days takings to charity, woopdy f**king doo ! 

• Supporters

Spokesperson for Airsoft Cardiff, Pawel Czerwinski

Third-party trying too hard to be an edgelord, I'd suspect.

Well, the good news is that the meeja decided to go with the "players outraged" narrative.

Deep breath, and remember that anything else said might be used against us.

• Supporters

Looks like there done for the local sites are starting to say how disgusting this is and how ashamed they are that Airsoft Cardiff are representing the sport in such a bad way and they’ve pulled their Facebook page too now . 👍

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Looks like there done for the local sites are starting to say how disgusting this is and how ashamed they are that Airsoft Cardiff are representing the sport in such a bad way and they’ve pulled their Facebook page too now . 👍

Good

What a shower of fucking idiots 🤬

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Good

What a shower of fucking idiots 🤬

Totally agree .👍

• Supporters

AIRSOFT Cardiff have released their new business plan and fiscal prediction for 2022 .

BAE0DBBD-2764-4034-B1F9-1D9FB051C1C6.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

AIRSOFT Cardiff have released their new business plan and fiscal prediction for 2022 .

BAE0DBBD-2764-4034-B1F9-1D9FB051C1C6.jpeg

That's about right....

• Supporters

hope so, but there's no minimum standard for running an airsoft site.

It doesn't appear to be a UKARA site, and I'd wonder if they even have indemnity insurance.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

You don’t need ukara when you’re training freedom!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but if they do have insurers, they might be very surprised to hear that they're actually indemnifying a paramilitary training facility.

I'm no legal expert, but from reading this I think their insurance (or lack of) would be the last of their worries if they're offering paramilitary training

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Edw8and1Geo6/1/6

"Prohibition of quasimilitary organisations.

(1)If the members or adherents of any association of persons, whether incorporated or not, are—

(a)organised or trained or equipped for the purpose of enabling them to be employed in usurping the functions of the police or of the armed forces of the Crown; or

(b)organised and trained or organised and equipped either for the purpose of enabling them to be employed for the use or display of physical force in promoting any political object, or in such manner as to arouse reasonable apprehension that they are organised and either trained or equipped for that purpose;then any person who takes part in the control or management of the association, or in so organising or training as aforesaid any members or adherents thereof, shall be guilty of an offence under this section"

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Prohibition of quasimilitary organisations

Quite, I know that airsoft is used for tactical training by some agencies and individual trainers, but we don't want the slightest suspicion of that being the "fundamental" purpose of it.

I am genuinely concerned that anyone associated with a skirmish site seems to sincerely believe that to be the case.  It doesn't appear to be a joke, even lost in translation.

Given that the 1936 Act was drawn up in response to the threat of both Brownshirts and Bolsheviks forming paramilitary gangs, and the current security focus on groups like Britain First, I'd like that sort of ideology to stay a lonnnng way away from our toys and sites.

They do knuckle-drag among us, and we dodged the Luger with this "European polytheist".  Fortunately the airsoft aspect of it never really got picked up by the Daily Wail press.

3 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Quite, I think some airsofters may have been watching a little too much red dawn. 
(Cue the who is she? jokes)

Is Red Dawn Red Sonja's sister ?

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.