Mosquito Beta Test (Pls Join)

AK47frizzle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• AK47frizzle changed the title to Mosquito Beta Test (Pls Join)

*opens another saving space within bank account*

*opens 'guns wishlist.doc', adds another to the list*

• Supporters

Im unable to view the discord. Any thoughts?

• Supporters

Very nice looking kit. Except for the stock, that looks a bit flimsy. There are many clever details on it, it shows that you've put a lot of work and thoughts in this.

Battery is in the PEQ?  Was there any particular reason for not running a stick battery on top?  

The print quality looks decent enough, what kind of options are there in the 3D printing world to get better quality?  I've seen some of the resin 3D printers and the quality is very good but heard the plastic isn't as strong?

@Samurai I think I would prefer a version without the stock, maybe worth doing version with and version without.  

Edited by ak2m4

On 27/05/2021 at 12:17, ak2m4 said:

Battery is in the PEQ?  Was there any particular reason for not running a stick battery on top?  

The print quality looks decent enough, what kind of options are there in the 3D printing world to get better quality?  I've seen some of the resin 3D printers and the quality is very good but heard the plastic isn't as strong?

@Samurai I think I would prefer a version without the stock, maybe worth doing version with and version without.  

Yes, battery is in peq. Long story short, it was the best position to put it in. There is no space inside the gun whatsoever for a reasonably sized battery.

I also have plans to achieve better surface finish, and that is to use a textured sheet by prusa. I am currently reiterating some parts of the kit to be printed in two halves so that a plastic texture akin to magpul stuff can be achieved.

Resin is better for surface quality, yes. However, the process is extremely long, tedious, and potentially toxic that I can't really justify using them in-house currently. There are strong resins out there but nothing that I have seen that can withstand hammer blows like with the currently material I am using (polymax pla).

On 27/05/2021 at 10:31, Samurai said:

Very nice looking kit. Except for the stock, that looks a bit flimsy. There are many clever details on it, it shows that you've put a lot of work and thoughts in this.

The stock is actually very strong despite how it looks ahaha. It's mostly dense and I use a strong material called Polymax PLA which doesn't shatter at all.

• 3 months later...

Long time bump but the test has ended. I wrote a final summary here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UEbdWLlQ0mhU6KDJK4WMe1JZ5D6dEQYOkyd7ipUBJ2s/edit?usp=sharing

During the time of the test, I have further iterated a superior version of it with textured sides:

4e57d4b3009a94721795714624453344.thumb.png.fd0820cd9421ca3e720e6b52b049d61f.png

Which looks like this:

20210815_211206.thumb.jpg.882f2b1ade474ee2b46ba4e2c8735225.jpg

The biggest obstacle currently is money ahah. I will have to get some of that first. Work + sell off a bunch of stuff.

Edited by AK47frizzle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.