De-Railed discussions / Rants etc

L3wisD

Message added by Jedi_Master

When anyone does a Tom and the AFUK toilet gets flushed, all the duff ends up here.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The wording on th Activity page was different than the wording when I opened the post.

image.thumb.png.727c2b1f8656b71c12e2787ddb0181c6.png

image.png.88e092e04bd1eb3fa1e2d9f1be62a13c.png

7 minutes ago, MisterG said:

The wording on th Activity page was different than the wording when I opened the post.

image.thumb.png.727c2b1f8656b71c12e2787ddb0181c6.png

image.png.88e092e04bd1eb3fa1e2d9f1be62a13c.png

Ah, I see. I guess it's time to summon the admin and complain that it's not showing up the post correctly on the activity page. Difficulty to stay coy here without being obnoxious (I hope you appreciate the humour when you figure it out), I would suggest you look more closely (by highlight or quote) at my post. :)

And then go to land warrior and admire the goodies. My favourite airsoft store by a long margin.

1 hour ago, Sacarathe said:

Just noticed a sale on 10% off for next 7 days. 

How long before someone call's on the necro?

Still the same, was expecting hidden writing eg white letters. 

Difference between using a PC and phone.  It now appears as I am back home on my PC. 

• Root Admin

I am seeing the same on PC if I check Sacarathes profile. Could be a quirk of being pulled out of archiving and the indexed for the unread content stream. Any thread over 4 years old gets archived, but on a database level that doesn't actually do a huge amount so it shouldn't cause any issues.

Not something I've seen before.

Then again though, that text didn't come from nowhere. Did you perhaps edit that post almost immediately, Sacarathe?

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-06-27-09-13-32.png

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-06-27-09-13-14.png

The text is in white font, so invisible in the post, but it is there, but as it is not in white on the activity page it is visible.  Looks like the activity page doesn't maintain text formatting.

On a phone you can't highlight it to make it visible, but you can on a PC.

Cheers

G

4 hours ago, proffrink said:

I am seeing the same on PC if I check Sacarathes profile. Could be a quirk of being pulled out of archiving and the indexed for the unread content stream. Any thread over 4 years old gets archived, but on a database level that doesn't actually do a huge amount so it shouldn't cause any issues.

Not something I've seen before.

Then again though, that text didn't come from nowhere. Did you perhaps edit that post almost immediately, Sacarathe?

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-06-27-09-13-32.png

screenshot-airsoft-forums.uk-2018-06-27-09-13-14.png

A few weeks back I was lightly chewed out for for a 4m necro post. I thought I'd preempt that when choosing to post in the most constructive land warrior thread I could find, which was also the most recent one. 

As misterG has now noticed (I did not set out to create intrigue), all that's happening is that I posted the second line in a white font so that I could be acknowledging the necro but only anyone that might criticise me for it (by quoting) would actually notice it.

I had no idea that it would appear in black somewhere else. :wub:

Ironnically quoting does maintain the formatting, so it still stays invisible.

I'm just waiting for all this to get moved to the One Tigris Thread 😁

PS it is slightly visible, but the light grey of the quote box makes it barely visible, or I need specs 🤣

• Head Moderator
16 hours ago, MisterG said:

I'm just waiting for all this to get moved to the One Tigris Thread 😁

The previous series of posts - about format on PC and phone, use of white text, and archiving - not really relevant to Land warrior as a shop. Was quite a fascinating read as a whodunit. :)

On 21/06/2018 at 18:19, Albiscuit said:

There is no restriction on specifications of water beads, you also can use flour to replace water beads.

Oh mate, I want some of these for camp later in the year!! imagine all the kids coming back covered in flour!!! 

yes

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's the same company, the .co.uk is just an English / £ default front end.

I know, they're soooooo cheap that it's hard to resist.  And you'll probably be OK, I imagine that they get the majority of their orders correct and on time.

This one?  https://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152200268-SG550-assault-rifle-replica.html

You're getting free shipping too, since TaiwanGun stopped doing their free shipping over £200 to the UK.

That "very small quantity of stock" is what might give me pause.

EEEE-GAHDS MAN!!! WHY did you post a link to that!? NO!!! Nooooooo! That isn't the one but I WISH it was NOW!!!

You utter cnut, sir! I officialy hate you.

It's this one...

https://gun-fire.co.uk/product-eng-1152191226-JG080-carbine-replica.html

• Supporters

Heh, I spotted that while you were replying.

I'd be tempted to give them a chance for that difference in price.  The reason I was particularly hacked off is that I was specifically after one for the next weekend, but by the time it was sorted, I'd already lost two weekend's worth of play.  If you're not in a hurry, it'd be a rational gamble.  You're not going to lose your money even if they do mess it up.

Buy it, buy it, buy it.

On 26/06/2018 at 13:53, Asomodai said:

Pro Airsoft are having a clear out on SRU, Bolle and other things. 

https://proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/en/eye-protection?orderby=price&orderway=asc

99p for proper Bolle Smoke Glasses. 

Edge tactical stuff has some decent money off as well. I picked up 2 pairs of bolles (One twilight, one smoke).

Last but not least. TM Gas blowback MP7. Only 225. 

https://proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/en/weapons/rifles/gas-blowback-rifles/mp7a1

I do not work for Pro Airsoft, but some of these deals are fantastic. 

Bagged Bagged and Bagged! Picked up today, stupidly happy! Thanks for the heads up

16 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Bagged Bagged and Bagged! Picked up today, stupidly happy! Thanks for the heads up

You bought a GBBR MP5? 🤗

2 hours ago, Duff said:

You bought a GBBR MP5? 🤗

Nah, TM GBB Mp7 :D  

Muchos pleased I can tell you...

15 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Nah, TM GBB Mp7 :D  

Muchos pleased I can tell you...

No probs mate. Had I not bought the Tavor GBB then I may have had that myself. (Though would have more likely gone for the G5 Bullpup) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 14/07/2018 at 15:52, Duff said:

Around £115 new for a Mk3 version, according to Google. No idea what case it is though, could be a good one but hard to tell from the pics and little info given.

With egg crate foam wouldn’t put any money on it being a ‘super dooper drop from space and not a scratch on it’ type of one !🤦‍♂️

😂😂

I assume he means mini Tamiya 😉

But I wouldn't call that a selling point, especially if he changed it from Deans 😀

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Is the the new definition of "New"?

If so I have loads of "new" stuff I bought, tried, and then put in the cupbaord for years 😁

Apparently he's in Tennessee. Not sure if he spotted the UK bit in AFUK...

Weird, why is it two tone?

I don't think they do that in the US.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.