THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Can't get a RS QD sling plate to fit without mods either so its one way or the other

I managed to get a RS Magpul QD plate to fit on my MWS with no mods.

The only issue is that it is slightly larger than the TM buffer tube so it rotates slightly as you tighten it up.

Just requires patience turning it in the right place to set it in the right position. 

Here's an older photo of my URGI build that shows it fitted.

Works perfectly with Ferro Concepts QD loops. 👍

20200919_133827.jpg

2 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Can't get a RS QD sling plate to fit without mods either so its one way or the other

Get a PTS QD mount. They are designed to hold 300lbs of force, And guess what so are the Magpul ones. Are they made in the same place? Who can say? ;)

Plus you can use the PTS QD swivels too... I think it's the GBB version but phone up and ask!!

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-enhanced-modular-sling-plate-gen-2-gbb

Edit:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-enhanced-qd-modular-sling-plate-gbb

Swivels:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-1-qd-sling-swivel

3 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

I have asked in another thread but do you reckon it's worth modifying? Like shaving down the point that is too long. Surely as long as the Ball bearings go in its all good

Sure you can do that as far as the diameter is good. You can also try swapping the mount (requires sewing).

3 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

I wouldn't trust my fancy GBBR hanging off some butchered airsoft mount.  RS all the way for that shit if you're jumping through windows or hanging off a helicopter...

You have airsoft Heli’s!? 😭

4 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Get a PTS QD mount. They are designed to hold 300lbs of force, And guess what so are the Magpul ones. Are they made in the same place? Who can say? ;)

Plus you can use the PTS QD swivels too... I think it's the GBB version but phone up and ask!!

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-enhanced-modular-sling-plate-gen-2-gbb

Edit:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-enhanced-qd-modular-sling-plate-gbb

Swivels:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-1-qd-sling-swivel

So I already have a QD Mount https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/4126/s/angrygun-rear-sling-plate-with-qd-sling-swivel-for-m4-gas-blowback-machine-gun-series/. Feel like I overpaid now since those PTS ones look nice too and half the price. But either way I trust the angry gun mount not to fail. The PTS ones seem better in that they have a little extension so longer QD points will fit. Wonder if the plate rotates though?

Anyway filed down my, very cheap FRV sling with QD point https://frvtailoring.co.uk/products/molle-attachment-sling and it seems to fit okay.... he says until his gun deffo drops on the ground haha.

Either way I can't pull it off with all my strength 

28 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

Ah, I’m just big timing Dave. I did a past Stirling event (Op Bartos) when we got a helicopter insert from a pair of Bell 206’s, that they’d taken the doors off.  https://youtu.be/1Bpi5Tp53H4

I remember S.A.S back in them days...they were all the hype back then..... everyone wanted to try one of their training days and learn a thing or two about real scenarios and tactical operations... 

Yeah, I went on a few of those training days and really enjoyed them. The main impression I remember taking away from the instructor, who was an ex SAS pro, was that it was basically just a job to him. A bit like a cross between a painter and decorator and maybe a butcher. The way he talked about how to breach and clear a building was just so matter of fact and mundane, about the techniques to use when blowing your way in and killing all the bad guys made it sound less glamourised and more humdrum.  

Tempted to order the L119A2 RAS and barrel. Never opened up this end before anyone know if it is simple? Worried I will fuck up performance if I don't put the inner barrel in just right or something.

On 25/02/2021 at 17:58, RMDavis said:

I managed to get a RS Magpul QD plate to fit on my MWS with no mods.

The only issue is that it is slightly larger than the TM buffer tube so it rotates slightly as you tighten it up.

Just requires patience turning it in the right place to set it in the right position. 

Here's an older photo of my URGI build that shows it fitted.

Works perfectly with Ferro Concepts QD loops. 👍

20200919_133827.jpg

i got the same one. A little bit of dremel work on the inside and it fits perfect and holds the buffer tube properly. 

51 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Tempted to order the L119A2 RAS and barrel. Never opened up this end before anyone know if it is simple? Worried I will fuck up performance if I don't put the inner barrel in just right or something.

Taking the barrel off is quite easy... Just follow the Eagle6 video and you can't go wrong.. Which L119A2 RAS and barrel are you getting? Make sure the barrel is a MWS compatible barrel, You'll know what I mean when you see the video.

11 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Taking the barrel off is quite easy... Just follow the Eagle6 video and you can't go wrong.. Which L119A2 RAS and barrel are you getting? Make sure the barrel is a MWS compatible barrel, You'll know what I mean when you see the video.

So I was looking at the Angry Gun rail and then read the whole load of disclaimers under it from fire support https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-l119a2-rail--925-inch-short-version

Was going to buy the Angry gun 10 inch barrel https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-l119a2-10-inch--157-inch-outer-barrel-set-for-marui-mws-version

Not sure if that comes with a barrel nut though or if I will need an adapter. Will give them a ring on Monday.

EDIT: If it is as simple as buy these two part and follow the eagle 6 video then great. Otherwise not sure I will bother.

I’ve been thinking about ordering a couple of the G&P mags to try out, but I’m not sure if 10 extra bb’s are worth it for all that cost. And in my opinion they do look a bit daft,  like cumbersome dongs.

I was surprised to find that skirmishing with 35 bb mags was fine, 5/6 mags really lasted.  I tried my nice AEG MP7 the other day for a couple of 100 bb mags and I didn’t  know what to do with all the extra shots.  It felt boring and lifeless. 

4 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

I’ve been thinking about ordering a couple of the G&P mags to try out, but I’m not sure if 10 extra bb’s are worth it for all that cost. And in my opinion they do look a bit daft,  like cumbersome dongs.

I was surprised to find that skirmishing with 35 bb mags was fine, 5/6 mags really lasted.  I tried my nice AEG MP7 the other day for a couple of 100 bb mags and I didn’t  know what to do with all the extra shots.  It felt boring and lifeless. 

I've asked firesupport to order some in and they've said they'll be with them within a few weeks. Personally I'm after them as part of my impression build as they seem to be the first good P-mags and they have been used by SF guys.

The round count is the same as my TM mp7 so not a massive difference really, but the much larger gas chamber *may* help with cool down if you like full auto. I'll probably stick a full review up when I get my hands on some.

11 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Yeah I currently run 4 normal and 1 short mags. Ammo usage isn’t really the concern just thought they looked a bit different. I like the pmag look so I got a couple of iron airsoft pmags but they were shit so I switched to standard tm. Used the iron airsoft ones one summer and they struggled to finish one mag even if it was 25+ degrees. The normal tm mags a great but airsoft is a fashion show so pmags it is. 

also full auto is banned on the site I go too so I’m not too fussed about it. However the extra gas capacity as has been pointed out by crazy crystal may be helpful preventing cool down in winter. Won’t know about that until I try it or someone reviews it. 

34 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I appear to have some reading to do..

Well you did start this thread way back then 😂

On 28/02/2021 at 06:59, Captain Darling said:

I’d stick with the Marui MWS ones. Just carry an extra couple if needs must. Plus they are coming back into stock all over the place now. I carry six but have two spare in case of erm emergencies (whatever that may be lol)

Anyone know about mixing iron sights. I have the 14.5" Standard MWS but getting an L119A2 Rail and need to pick up some sights. thinking of saving some money by buying a front post only

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Not really, mostly lazy ppl asking the same questions over and over, magazine stock notifications, shit nozzles and broken return springs :D

I’m sure everyone who participates reads through all the said pages? Ain’t that right peeps? 🤪

Talking about nozzles I bought an extra two coz knowing me I’m just gonna break the MWS again 😂

Looking into buying an MWS soon CQBBR version maybe , I wanted to make a short barrel version around 9inches, but I am not sure what I would need to get?

I know there are kits out there for lots of money, but I am happy with just a M-Lok handguard plus the shorter outer barrel to go with it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction that on what parts would work with the MWS, I was looking and it seems g&p parts fit?

Thank you for any help.

1 hour ago, GothicGhost said:

Looking into buying an MWS soon CQBBR version maybe , I wanted to make a short barrel version around 9inches, but I am not sure what I would need to get?

I know there are kits out there for lots of money, but I am happy with just a M-Lok handguard plus the shorter outer barrel to go with it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction that on what parts would work with the MWS, I was looking and it seems g&p parts fit?

Thank you for any help.

Oh that's easy.... get the CQBR version..... then buy a Madbull Daniel MK18 rail (9.5 inch version in tan/dark bronze/or whatever the colour is) and the Mk18 Marui flip up iron sights and boom! Job done... Oh of course you'll need the correct wrench at a PTS GBBR spacer and some shims..... piece of cake!

41 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Oh that's easy.... get the CQBR version..... then buy a Madbull Daniel MK18 rail (9.5 inch version in tan/dark bronze/or whatever the colour is) and the Mk18 Marui flip up iron sights and boom! Job done... Oh of course you'll need the correct wrench at a PTS GBBR spacer and soe shims..... piece of cake!

'I know there are kits out there for lots of money, but I am happy with just a M-Lok handguard plus the shorter outer barrel to go with it.'

There are a variety of clone rails of both the BCM MCMR and various Geissele rails out there. Ultimately depends on how much you want you outer barrel protruding out of the handguard, once you've picked your ideal length then you'll have a better idea of what's available to you.

Angry Gun MCMR clones come in 8", 10" and 13" if memory serves correctly. The clone Geissele rails run from 7" up to 13.5" (I think) from a whole host of brands in a variety of flavours. HAO seem to be regarded as having the best MK16 (9.3" and 13.5") rails out there for a decent price. Though I don't believe HAO are currently shipping to the UK due to COVID. I'm sure there are plenty of others, theese are largely just what are 'hot' right now.

No idea on outer barrels for the MWS specifcally I'm afraid, and depending on which rail you go for as mentioned by @AlphaBearyou'll possibly need an adapter to get a rail made for AEGs to fit it (the adapters are essentially just a shim which keep everything locked in place).