THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

12 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I just checked if a BB rolls out of mine (been a long time since I last fired a BB out of it) :(. Using as six-G nub, Marui hop rubber and zero hop (I do believe) my BB stayed in the hop unit. However, an ever so slight touch made it roll out... when I mean a slight touch it was like feather touch light...

Yes just reseated mine. Managed to get it with hop off to stay in. If you shake it hard it will fall out. Thanks everyone for putting up with my paranoid ways.

Also Just fitted a surefire 4 prong to it for the real steal look. It's basically a tuning fork and rings out to give your position away for that extra realism. In all seriousness it looks amazing.

49 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

Yes just reseated mine. Managed to get it with hop off to stay in. If you shake it hard it will fall out. Thanks everyone for putting up with my paranoid ways.

Also Just fitted a surefire 4 prong to it for the real steal look. It's basically a tuning fork and rings out to give your position away for that extra realism. In all seriousness it looks amazing.

Yup it’s a tuning fork alright. It gives out a nice twang kind of sound.  It’s quite funny though. Lol

Just found this today: https://www.airsoft-outfitters.com/products/aofc-urgi-mk16-14-5-upper-receiver-set-for-marui-mws-gbb

Seems like a pretty good ideal considering it's an entire upper, although it doesn't come with a bolt. Definitely not sure on this Unicorn inner barrel but not like it's that expensive to replace. 

46 minutes ago, ajumma said:

Just found this today: https://www.airsoft-outfitters.com/products/aofc-urgi-mk16-14-5-upper-receiver-set-for-marui-mws-gbb

Seems like a pretty good ideal considering it's an entire upper, although it doesn't come with a bolt. Definitely not sure on this Unicorn inner barrel but not like it's that expensive to replace. 

£311 before shipping and tax? Hmmmmmm dunno.... I'd rather get a HAO rail and a Marui upper and do it that way.... with a HAO bolt too... ;)

52 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

£311 before shipping and tax? Hmmmmmm dunno.... I'd rather get a HAO rail and a Marui upper and do it that way.... with a HAO bolt too... ;)

But you're still missing outer barrel, hop chamber, dust cover etc. Also I've see Angrygun have a new gen 2 of their MK16 (which honestly looked horrific before) and it seems promising!

Edit: now I think about it, taxes would kind of suck... I think international shipping is free with orders over $150 though so that's not a problem. It's probably not even worth trying to build an upper and instead pick up a boneyard MWS but they're so rare 😔

10 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

I’ve been having problems with my HAO lightweight bolt. Failing to lock back on empty magazine.  

I’ve put a good 600 bb’s through it on black gas, as I was using it outside in the cold.  The TM bolt is back in now, running fine.  I’m going to email HAO and bring it to their attention.

40 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

I’ve been having problems with my HAO lightweight bolt. Failing to lock back on empty magazine.  

I’ve put a good 600 bb’s through it on black gas, as I was using it outside in the cold.  The TM bolt is back in now, running fine.  I’m going to email HAO and bring it to their attention.

I would guess that might be because it is rebounding faster than the heavier TM bolt? The same buffer spring will accelerate it faster. I will be interested to see what they say.

Adding a wrap of leccy tape around the tab on the part of the bolt release that the mag follower presses might help?

I have a UAC lightweight bolt but haven't had issues, but I have only run it on Green and Red gas in +15degC temps.

3 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

I've also heard that if you're getting failed bolt lock and there's no visible wear on the bolt catch mechanism, then try backing out the buffer tube half a turn or a full turn. This gives the bolt that tiny extra bit of travel needed to reliably lock back!

Both good points guys. I just needed it for a game in December so it was easier to shove the Marui BCG back in. 

I will have a look at it next week, I’ve recently got my hands on a Angry Gun high speed buffer, so that’s something else to mess with. I love tuning this gun, it’s much more rewarding than an AEG in that department. 

33 minutes ago, Captain Darling said:

Both good points guys. I just needed it for a game in December so it was easier to shove the Marui BCG back in. 

I will have a look at it next week, I’ve recently got my hands on a Angry Gun high speed buffer, so that’s something else to mess with. I love tuning this gun, it’s much more rewarding than an AEG in that department. 

I have just done some work on my AEG and I had forgotten how horrible stripping and working on a M4 with v2 gearbox was! Now short stroked 3 teeth, new motor and M110 spring. Not going to open it again until it fails!

19 hours ago, ajumma said:

I've also heard that if you're getting failed bolt lock and there's no visible wear on the bolt catch mechanism, then try backing out the buffer tube half a turn or a full turn. This gives the bolt that tiny extra bit of travel needed to reliably lock back!

Agreed, does work but be warned - too much and you risk over travel and the screws on your bolt carrier group can strike the top of the lower receiver and crack it in two. the solution to this is to buy 23mm flat tap rubber/nylon washers to take up the extra travel at the bottom of your buffer tube.

I too have had bolt lock back issues, the bolt lock plate did not appear to be worn but I believe it was caused by a thicker lubricant running slower in cold weather.  the bolt lock plate should move freely and easily and should rattle a little bit,  it should be slightly loose, if it doesn't it will slow down its travel and cause it to miss the hook on the bottom of the bolt carrier group. Additionally I've gone for the G&P lightweight bolt lock plate, I believe this allows it to move slightly faster as the whole mechanism is actuated by the magazine spring pushing up the Rocker plate on the bolt  catch.

my final piece of the bolt puzzle is a c&c tac maritime bolt catch which has been in the wind from Hong Kong since the 18th of January and they are still fobbing me off as I understand they've got big problems over there at the moment.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=539249767050462

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2836306579963666&id=1664560797138256&sfnsn=scwspmo

New  Guns modify Pmags, easy loading, hope these are as good as the OEM TM one's.

Screenshot_20210307_105156_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Edited by Wild Weasel
More info, same subject.

Well that's an interesting way to load bbs into a magazine! I wonder if you can just push the core up a little bit and use a speed loader to side load the bb's as you do with pistols instead of having to pull the core out all the way? Still looks like 30-35bb capacity though....

1 hour ago, smcb1 said:

Hi folks. Does anyone know if the sixG super nub is still available to purchase?

I have sent 3 emails over the last 3 months on the website and had no replies.

He’s a small one man operation and I’m sure he’ll get round to you. Or you can leave a message for him on here. 

2 hours ago, smcb1 said:

Hi folks. Does anyone know if the sixG super nub is still available to purchase?

I have tried 3 times and got nothing either. So went for the upgraded arm/nub combo thing instead.

Apparently just as good

https://shop.jkarmy.com/c-c-hop-up-adjuster-j-arm-for-marui-m4-ar-mws-tm-mws.html

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

He’s a small one man operation and I’m sure he’ll get round to you. Or you can leave a message for him on here. 

Thanks. Thats ok i was just checking if he is still producing them. I am happy to wait. 

1 hour ago, Groot said:

I have tried 3 times and got nothing either. So went for the upgraded arm/nub combo thing instead.

Apparently just as good

https://shop.jkarmy.com/c-c-hop-up-adjuster-j-arm-for-marui-m4-ar-mws-tm-mws.html

I went for the WiiTech http://www.wiitech.com.hk/product-detail.shtml?product_id=686&path=57_145

Similar, more concave shape to the nub. Works well with the tan bucking.

27 minutes ago, smcb1 said:

Now that one i would like to try. 

There’s a Laylax alternative to the Wiitech one. And more importantly it’s Red 😂.  I tried it in mine and it was superb (in my parts box at the moment lol). Although I’ve got a sixG nub in there presently. 

image.jpeg.3620071a1ce99320defaf3216f1424ea.jpeg

9 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

I'm well excited for this! Will pick up two or three if they're in the same price range as the SAA mags, although I'm not sure how likely that is...

12 hours ago, smcb1 said:

Keep us updates if you hear back as I have sent an email asking for one as well.