THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Sods law. 

Dave emailed me this morning and has nubs available again.

I already have the arm on order but quite tempted to order one anyway. 

Has anyone done an arm vs nub test on a stock rubber with the same setup to test the difference?

On 06/03/2021 at 00:48, ajumma said:

But you're still missing outer barrel, hop chamber, dust cover etc. Also I've see Angrygun have a new gen 2 of their MK16 (which honestly looked horrific before) and it seems promising!

Edit: now I think about it, taxes would kind of suck... I think international shipping is free with orders over $150 though so that's not a problem. It's probably not even worth trying to build an upper and instead pick up a boneyard MWS but they're so rare 😔

dont do it. the Angry gun MK2 rail is dogshit. they have changed the barrel nut so it only works with Angry gun spacers which you can only get with their outer barrel kits and do not include the spacer (they claim they will in future when I complained) The finish is crap, it scratches super easily. the bolts are still wobbly . I mean, it looks OK...but HAO is cheaper and waaaaaaaaay better! 

On 06/03/2021 at 19:28, Captain Darling said:

Both good points guys. I just needed it for a game in December so it was easier to shove the Marui BCG back in. 

I will have a look at it next week, I’ve recently got my hands on a Angry Gun high speed buffer, so that’s something else to mess with. I love tuning this gun, it’s much more rewarding than an AEG in that department. 

I got an AG high speed bolt...returned it. Junk like most AG parts. TM Piston wouldnt fit without modding as the body was too tight. AG piston was also tight but not as bad as the TM one. The key (the bit that holds the piston in the BC) wouldnt fit without modding. 

AG only test their parts with their parts. They do not check against stock parts. I have bought soooo many AG parts in the last few months. Only the flash hiders are any good, the rest (bolt release, mag catch, bolt catch, bolt etc etc) are all shite in different ways. 

29 minutes ago, Groot said:

Sods law. 

Has anyone done an arm vs nub test on a stock rubber with the same setup to test the difference?

Yep same here. But i went ahead and ordered

36 minutes ago, quango2k said:

dont do it. the Angry gun MK2 rail is dogshit. they have changed the barrel nut so it only works with Angry gun spacers which you can only get with their outer barrel kits and do not include the spacer (they claim they will in future when I complained) The finish is crap, it scratches super easily. the bolts are still wobbly . I mean, it looks OK...but HAO is cheaper and waaaaaaaaay better! 

I got an AG high speed bolt...returned it. Junk like most AG parts. TM Piston wouldnt fit without modding as the body was too tight. AG piston was also tight but not as bad as the TM one. The key (the bit that holds the piston in the BC) wouldnt fit without modding. 

AG only test their parts with their parts. They do not check against stock parts. I have bought soooo many AG parts in the last few months. Only the flash hiders are any good, the rest (bolt release, mag catch, bolt catch, bolt etc etc) are all shite in different ways. 

AG do make great suppressors (I have one) but of course you need to use their flashider which actually is pretty decent.

4 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

AG do make great suppressors (I have one) but of course you need to use their flashider which actually is pretty decent.

Same, I have one. the fit to their flash hiders is a little loose but workable. 

1 hour ago, Groot said:

Sods law. 

I don't have a nub but have had the wii-tech arm installed for about 1.5ish years. Never had an issue. Have shot up to .36's with room to hop heavier. I generally just run .3's though and run it with the Tan Modify bucking.

Anyone know if the MWS buffer tuber is the same as the NGRS buffer tube. I am after a customer castle nut and found someone who makes them for the NGRS

The MWS and the NGRS castle nuts use the same laylax spanner. But the castle nuts are advertised separately even though they look the same to me. 

Ive just taken a set of callipers to mine and that MWS buffer tube is smaller in diameter than the NGRS one. It’s not by much but there is a difference. 

7 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Are the 5KU outer barrels any good?

Thank you.

Yes and no. They are reasonably stiff and come in a variety of lengths however they are also two part assemblies so make sure the grub screws are tightened up and loctighted...

Don't make the mistake I did and send the outer barrel flying mid fire fight 😅

The new pmag will be a lightweight of around 373g  and cost roughly the same as the regular magazines. ( I can already see all those SAA pmags entering the sales corner )

— — —

P.S the screws for the bottom plate of the OG mags are standard M2 threading right? 

7EEEF15A-57D2-4C06-8DCC-DDB99A334BC4.jpeg

P.S the screws for the bottom plate of the OG mags are standard M2 threading right? 

49 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

A few spares arrived from impulse101. Ordered 2nd March and arrived today. Can’t argue with that service. 

BFF1820A-61D6-4AD1-A195-C37157A96A5A.jpeg

How often do the nozzles break? I have heard its the most likely thing to go but I am hoping to get a few games out if it at least haha

8 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

How often do the nozzles break? I have heard its the most likely thing to go but I am hoping to get a few games out if it at least haha

Mine was a unique case as you all know haha but these are supposed to be pretty robust... Yes they can take a hammering so-to-speak but at the end of the day it's a plastic nozzle slamming against a plastic bb and over time it will fail.. fail in this context means the  front of it getting really battered... It should easily last a year or two with normal use I should think? I'm sure others with more MWS usage experience can jump in...

Don't mention the C word Dave... lol

That reminds me, I guess people will be using either propane or green gas in their mags when airsoft starts up right (April time)? It may be a tad too warm for Abbey Ultra I expect?

17 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Don't mention the C word Dave... lol

That reminds me, I guess people will be using either propane or green gas in their mags when airsoft starts up right (April time)? It may be a tad too warm for Abbey Ultra I expect?

I am using Abbey Ultra at the minute, I don't have a chrono but my understanding was it wasn't super powerful. What would you use in the warmer times? Surely not 144a?

On 08/03/2021 at 10:39, quango2k said:

Same, I have one. the fit to their flash hiders is a little loose but workable. 

I had a problem with the angry gun suppressor where all my rounds were constantly hitting the inside upper lip and not exiting the barrel.

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

I had a problem with the angry gun suppressor where all my rounds were constantly hitting the inside upper lip and not exiting the barrel.

Oh that's annoying. I have the FH556 Flash hider and matching UKSF Suppressor and seems fine. What model do you have? I am swapping out the inner tube in mine for a tracer unit.

I am about

22 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

The new pmag will be a lightweight of around 373g  and cost roughly the same as the regular magazines. ( I can already see all those SAA pmags entering the sales corner )

Thank God for that. I'm definitely buying 3 or 4 of them then. Fingers crossed GunsModify don't flub it and actually come out with something that can compete with the standard MWS mags.

As this is my first post, hello and greetings from Poland :)

I would like to ask if real steel mag release would fit in MWS? For example Strike Industries ambi mag release. I know about G&P, AngryGun parts but I would like to buy locally and here are only parts for AEG or real steal

Edited by MiniLuxy

Hi guys. 

Some help pls. 

I'm searching for a easy solution to control de FPS on my MWS. 

One of my team mates bought the NAPS RA-Tech, but after a few shots, said the MWS performed worse and removed the NPAS. 

Now, we are thinking in the G&P Nozzle Valves. But it is difficult to find reviews about them. 
Can anyone give some feedback about this Nozzle Valves? 

By the way, there are several colours of this valves. This have some meaning? Each colour is corresponding to a certain number of fps

Thank you for your help. 

34 minutes ago, MiniLuxy said:

As this is my first post, hello and greetings from Poland :)

I would like to ask if real steel mag release would fit in MWS? For example Strike Industries ambi mag release. I know about G&P, AngryGun parts but I would like to buy locally and here are only parts for AEG or real steal

Unfortunately not... The width is a little bit different so you would need to make a spacer for the mag release... I think ATRG did a blog on how to do that though so it can be done with some modifications.

Edit: Here is the link to the blog post I mentioned

Edited by Crazy_Crystal

Hello everyone!

From the people that upgraded their inner barrel, has anyone noticed any major performance benefit?
I've read some messages in this topic, but I wasn't fully clarified since there are some people claiming that the investment is not worth it and the ones that claimed that it was worth it, usually had a DMR platform (I play in Portugal and besides being limited to 1.3 Joules, I have a CQB-R).

So, for the people that noticed a difference, which inner barrel did you upgrade to?

Thanks a lot!