THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

12 hours ago, quango2k said:

Still don't know what NPAS to go for. I tried the v2 angry gun complete nozzle and that caused all sorts of weirdness so that's out the window. 

There seems to be 200 different types of G&P valve and have no idea what one is the one to go for lol

The black RA Tech NPAS is MWS specific.  It’s what I have in mine and it works fine.

Getting close to completion on this old skool Delta build now. 😁

Managed to source a genuine Eotech 551 (a little bit battered and bruised) but it works perfectly and probably has a few stories to tell.

Excuse the horrid plastic lens cover, but i really don't want the old girl getting shot out!

Sat on a clone Larue ECOS-C riser, I'd love a genuine one but can't find anywhere in the UK to get hold of one. 😔

Both suit this rifle brilliantly and I'm really pleased with how this project is turning out.

Looking forward to the time when I can actually get out there and get some use out of it! 😂

20210218_133334.jpg

20210218_133239.jpg

20210218_133420.jpg

20210218_133450.jpg

Question - My inner barrel on my M4A1 is not as long as the outer. 

Is that normal?

Work in progress. Waiting for furniture and optics. 

F1309E49-044D-4F4B-A94D-B847A4C9D2C9.jpeg

BC1CB0B8-104D-433E-AB4B-031F7E4BAB7E.jpeg

4C6CB79D-738A-46E2-9A22-FFA5113EAC75.jpeg

7F8DFB79-09A3-4012-B3A1-4A5A8022D5D2.jpeg

710F9C6B-61A2-4701-8895-66493892B76A.jpeg

F5F146B4-049A-499B-8371-874AEDE081BE.jpeg

@RMDavis  shes looking fine for sure, i think you need to weather the rest of it a bit, the 551 looks ace, looking a bit tired will only add to the authenticity of an 'older' build.

Maybe some distressed / worn off FDE, residual in the creases of the reciever mouldings etc?

The 551 should put up with BB joules no bother, i would get some 3M heli-tape and just put a layer on the front lens to take the sting out of a BB strike.

45 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@RMDavis  shes looking fine for sure, i think you need to weather the rest of it a bit, the 551 looks ace, looking a bit tired will only add to the authenticity of an 'older' build.

Maybe some distressed / worn off FDE, residual in the creases of the reciever mouldings etc?

The 551 should put up with BB joules no bother, i would get some 3M heli-tape and just put a layer on the front lens to take the sting out of a BB strike.

Totally agree on the condition of the rest of the rifle compared to the eotech! Plan was to apply a cautious amount of tan/fde and then wear it off to give it the lived in look to match the 551.

Thanks for the advice regarding the glass, i will have a look at the 3M tape as an option as I'm not a fan of the lens protector!

@RMDavis Lookimg dandy there fella. I concur with both yourself and Dave re the condition of the EO and weathering the rest of the rifle to match. This is coming along very nice. 

Now the topic of screen protectors. This is where I differ. Keep it on buddy as you just never know. It’s not worth the risk however small it may be. No one else will notice it. I have one on mine plus I have a riser in front so double protection. 

I have the guns modify one on the front of my real steel 552, and I can definitely tell a difference with some additional blurring of the target picture. It’s not great to begin with due to astigmatism, but it’s a lot less blurred then the dot on my Sparc AR.  I find the Eotech a hell of a lot better under NODS than the dot sight. 

I may be tempted to take it off, and I do have some helicopter tape knocking around somewhere, that’s a good idea.

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

@RMDavis Lookimg dandy there fella. I concur with both yourself and Dave re the condition of the EO and weathering the rest of the rifle to match. This is coming along very nice. 

Now the topic of screen protectors. This is where I differ. Keep it on buddy as you just never know. It’s not worth the risk however small it may be. No one else will notice it. I have one on mine plus I have a riser in front so double protection. 

Thanks mate, I've already ordered a can of Khaki Krylon Camouflage if I get a chance next week the MRE will definitely get a dusting!

If I can get it to look anything like this one I'd be happy! 😊

1 hour ago, gunbod007 said:

Anyone ever put screen protectors over their torch lenses. Just got an Olight PL2 and the thought only just occurred to me it's still a lense that could smash.

I used to have a PL2 (fantastic torch) not ideal but just so you know behind the glass is a polycarbonate lens as mine got shot out and after picking out the bits of glass you'd never know! 

22424011a4f9d62d592ac79212180607 (1).jpg

57 minutes ago, quango2k said:

Silent fill o-rings...talk to me!!

Don’t do it. TM a mags are designed to vent through the inlet valve as you fill. They can’t do that if you put silent fills in them.

Caveat that, if you open the release valve as you fill, you can negate the issues, but then silent fill becomes pointless.

However, if you don’t need to completely fill the mags with gas, fill your boots lol.

When putting film on make sure the lens is as clean as possible, and apply it with a little very mild fairy water misted onto the film and lens.

Then squigee it out, this will give the clearest view / best bond

I know people worry, and it’s understandable with replica optics but don’t forget that the likes of Eotech etc are ballistics rated and will take ridiculous punishment, like 2M drops with the full weight of the gun above it - and keep zero, let alone not cracking the lens etc!

4 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

I have the guns modify one on the front of my real steel 552, and I can definitely tell a difference with some additional blurring of the target picture. It’s not great to begin with due to astigmatism, but it’s a lot less blurred then the dot on my Sparc AR.  I find the Eotech a hell of a lot better under NODS than the dot sight. 

I may be tempted to take it off, and I do have some helicopter tape knocking around somewhere, that’s a good idea.

May I ask, do you see flaring on the Eotech reticle, kinda like spiky flames? 

51 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

When putting film on make sure the lens is as clean as possible, and apply it with a little very mild fairy water misted onto the film and lens.

Then squigee it out, this will give the clearest view / best bond

I know people worry, and it’s understandable with replica optics but don’t forget that the likes of Eotech etc are ballistics rated and will take ridiculous punishment, like 2M drops with the full weight of the gun above it - and keep zero, let alone not cracking the lens etc!

@Davegolfif I dropped mine 2m let alone 1m, I'd definitely cry... 🤣

Hi @Davegolf fully understand that.  Thank you, I’ll wait for your reply from your website.

I’ve only had my MWS a couple of weeks but this thread made my mind up.  I can say to anyone that even stock, the MWS has renewed my love of airsoft.  It is so satisfying.

FYI - wolf armouries has a few mags in stock but they are £54 each.  

Also if anyone needs a TM stock I am giving mine away, just message me if you want it and we’ll sort out postage.

16 minutes ago, SeanW said:

Hi @Davegolf fully understand that.  Thank you, I’ll wait for your reply from your website.

I’ve only had my MWS a couple of weeks but this thread made my mind up.  I can say to anyone that even stock, the MWS has renewed my love of airsoft.  It is so satisfying.

FYI - wolf armouries has a few mags in stock but they are £54 each.  

Also if anyone needs a TM stock I am giving mine away, just message me if you want it and we’ll sort out postage.

Welcome @SeanW!. You will definitely find this wee small thread a great source of all things MWS. There is a lot of knowledge and experience here that's for sure....! Dave's brass nub is a must and I also suggest the high speed buffer upgrade too. The only other back-up item you need is a nozzle spring (the original Marui will fail at some point but you will need to hammer it good and proper probably with a couple of years usage lol )... (see Badabing's YouTube reviews of the MWS). Eagle6 sell their version which will be fine as an alternative.. The Marui part is rare as rocking horse poop though as are all things Marui... 

Thanks @AlphaBear

I have read through this entire thread a few times and it is great.  I have already received my nozzle spring set.  Got a ctr stock.  Ordered a brass nub and high speed buffer from @Davegolf

Fitted a Prometheus 6.03 barrel, modify tan hop rubber and, for now, a cut down omega nub.  As per this thread I have some Geoffs .32’s and .36’s.  I have ordered a G&P roller for the bolt group and, direct from Hong Kong, a G&P v2 aluminium buffer for MWS.  I have also ordered the NPAS from emperionstore, the only place I could find the black one.

Once I have the brass nub and high speed buffer from Dave, I’ll get the rest of the internals fitted then range test.  
Figured I’d get all the internal tweaks done before working on the externals.

I’m used to single shot only and not going through loads of ammo so I am sure I am going to enjoy airsoft even more with my MWS.

I’ll post about the G&P v2 buffer once I have it fitted.

Just as a side note, the other reason I went for the TM was I dug out my 1996 TM mp5 for my youngest son.  Got a 7.4 lipo, lubed it and gave it a clean and it fires like a dream.  It hasn’t been used in 20 years and it outguns a vfc Gladius (worst gun ever) hands down!

As with everything in this world, there are 100 sub standard, disposable junk products produced for every decent one.

Its no wonder theres so much land fill and material waste.

TM are one of the few decent products for sure, enjoy your MWS!

You ain’t half right there about TM Dave. It’s by far one of the best manufactures of airsoft rifles hands down. They just work regardless of the platform. I run both NGRS guns and my MWS. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Both are fun to use. Both cost a bloody fortune if you so desire to go in that direction. 

10 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

You ain’t half right there about TM Dave. It’s by far one of the best manufactures of airsoft rifles hands down. They just work regardless of the platform. I run both NGRS guns and my MWS. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Both are fun to use. Both cost a bloody fortune if you so desire to go in that direction. 

I am tempted to get an NGRS but I would get it from eagle 6 with upgrades and battery wiring out of the box, CBA fucking about with an AEG