THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 11/12/2020 at 15:41, Whereismyhammer said:

Reporting back on the jamming issue. 

The mtr jammed with my mtr bolt in it but didn’t jam with my mk18’s bolt in it. So have narrowed it down to the bolt. 

ordered some Geoff’s and a new g&p nozzle as mine has some damage. The stock one’s are impossible to find so I went with the g&p. Does anyone have any experience with that nozzle?

checked the mags and the bucking feed lips. Both of those are good so haven’t ordered replacements. 

hopefully that works. 

thanks for your help so far folks 

I just built a new BCG with the HAO BC and using all G&P internals including nozzel. I cannot really give you an estimate on the power as I use the G&P adjustable valve, but the nozzel itself works well. I was meant to field it yesterday, but had something come up. I've have put through about 100 rounds on my balcony though and not an issue with any of it.

BCG.jpg

6 hours ago, Arassuil said:

I just built a new BCG with the HAO BC and using all G&P internals including nozzel. I cannot really give you an estimate on the power as I use the G&P adjustable valve, but the nozzel itself works well. I was meant to field it yesterday, but had something come up. I've have put through about 100 rounds on my balcony though and not an issue with any of it.

BCG.jpg

Have you tried the lighter Tm weight from the original bolt carrier as it's even lighter for even more cold weather ability.?

Just had my mk12 apart to fit a new hop rubber. Was doing a bit of shooting in the garden and it felt a bit anaemic (garden is too short to really test the drop in range). A quick chrono showed it was shooting at around 200fps. Stuck a new hop rubber in it and boom back to 450 FPS with some room on the npas to go higher. No obvious damage to the original hop, just obviously wasn’t sealing well at the barrel end.

Just goes to show how critical that little rubber tube is to the performance of our toys....

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Reap said:

Did you do this yourself?

Yes mate, but I am wayy past this now .... say hello to version 4 😆

I just need to get it made out of a strong metal (steel or stainless or alloy etc etc)

CEA05DEC-7A28-4130-9508-E0792BBDC4D0.jpeg

fits very nicely, but being pla it’s not strong enough 😞

15 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Have you tried the lighter Tm weight from the original bolt carrier as it's even lighter for even more cold weather ability.?

Not yet as I haven't even gamed with the everything in yet. I went though about 4-5 mags in ~7 deg weather as I had to empty them for storage and there wasn't an issue in single fire or quick double tapping. I did full auto to test it out and it got halfway through a second mag until it siezed open due to cooldown. I never play full auto anyway, so I should be fine. Plus, it will be nice having a complete bolt spare, I just need to order a new pin as it was the one thing I forgot.

I can make a quick vid if you're interested in seeing it in action

14 hours ago, sp00n said:

Yes mate, but I am wayy past this now .... say hello to version 4 😆

I just need to get it made out of a strong metal (steel or stainless or alloy etc etc)

CEA05DEC-7A28-4130-9508-E0792BBDC4D0.jpeg

fits very nicely, but being pla it’s not strong enough 😞

Looks good so far, must be someone out there who could make a steel version to your dimensions.

• Supporters
On 14/12/2020 at 12:34, Reap said:

Looks good so far, must be someone out there who could make a steel version to your dimensions.

I decided to have a change of approach, to have it made was going to be quite expensive (and lacking a metal 3d printer or a lathe/milling machine, it’s out of my reach) ... so I have come up with an idea to modify a spanner, this is going to involve welding and grinding, but it should be a lot easier to make with the tools I have

22 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

URGI update... Although I loved the all black look I really wanted to break up the lines of the rifle and do something a little different.

Picking up inspiration from an FBI HRT rifle I got a few key parts Cerakoted in Olive Drab Green and I'm really happy with how it's turned out!

This build is now complete and I'm itching to start the next!

Maybe some green magpul's to complete the look!? 😂

20201217_135831.jpg

Sexy AF. What's the stock?

1 hour ago, ajumma said:

Sexy AF. What's the stock?

Haha thanks bud!

The stock is a Magpul 'MOE SL-K'

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Nice job there @RMDavis

OD Pmags would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks Dave I'm really pleased with how it's turned out.

Your right that really would finish it off nicely!

There's the Iron Airsoft ones and Ace 1 arms isn't there? Not sure which are regarded as the better choice?

2 hours ago, RMDavis said:

URGI update... Although I loved the all black look I really wanted to break up the lines of the rifle and do something a little different.

Picking up inspiration from an FBI HRT rifle I got a few key parts Cerakoted in Olive Drab Green and I'm really happy with how it's turned out!

This build is now complete and I'm itching to start the next!

Maybe some green magpul's to complete the look!? 😂

20201217_135831.jpg

Yes, very nice.  I’ve seen photos of the RS green URGI rail, but never in airsoft.  That could be a unique build you’ve got there, for now. 

1 hour ago, occidio said:

Guide?

if I remember rightly this was on the forum a few months back, basically take a grub screw and drill and screw through the centre of your rocket valve. wind it in and out to adjust FPS. If it helps to find it I replied, so look through my page as it were to find my reply, to find the post. 

Any folks using the Madbull XG02 propane adapter? It's the one which has the silicon oil reservoir in it..?

I was thinking of using the Coleman propane gas bottles or Mapp gas bottles for my mags going forward... Any pros or cons of either or should we just stick to the off the shelf gases from Abbey & Nuprol etc..

thx

Madbull XG02.jpg

I know @Wo1f & @Bada Bing and many others only run propane.

It is perfectly safe for the MWS innards.

As long as you don’t mind the smell 😁

@AlphaBear unless you are going through ridiculous amounts of ammo you do not need to add lube to the gas on the MWS.

Rather as part of your maintenance routine re-grease the piston seal before or after every game day with quality silicone lube - EG TechT GunSav

Decent lube will stay inside the nozzle/piston assy, so you do not need to compromise your bucking by contaminating it with excess airborne silicone.

The pros and cons really only come down to cost and the fact you can run MaPP in the winter.