Gun picture thread

M_P

38 minutes ago, pyromancer6 said:

The one in the picture is a SRC SR-SP, which is practically a TM USP clone with a metal slide & support for co2 magazines. QC is a little iffy on them but they have awesome blowback and feel awesome to shoot, although just like my other (now broken) USP9 it struggles a lot in colder weather.

If you're keen on trades and want a better performer - the TM's a much better option but keep in mind it uses a plastic slide so if you'd want a metal one you'd have to track down a detonator or nova slide and have it fitted/fit it, and they're rare as hen's teeth & cost a fortune. The base TM is also a bit pricer than the other offers, and much much pricer if you're including the cost of a metal slide if you're so inclined.

If you want a metal slide, decent-enough performance and the trades the Umarex (OEM'd by VFC) USP9 is a neat enough option and was what I was using before it shit the bed and stopped working, and considering there's zero information on in anywhere I couldn't fix it, hence why I ended up with the SRC.

spacer.png

Second one down's the Umarex/VFC, top is the SRC. Also, a brand new WE P229 which I've just bought, which is lovely.

Thank you for the reply.

I'm definitely more inclined to have a metal slide and trademarks. (I'm picky.) If the Umarex USP is made by VFC then i imagine it's largely the same as my 4.5mm one, which is beautifully made. Apparently they're prone to trigger bars failing though if used in double action a lot.

I currently have my USPc and 18C as viable sidearms, i actually like the USPc more out of the two. Might just have to add a full-size Umarex/VFC USP to the collection some time..

That 229 looks very nice!

Edited by Anonymoose

20 minutes ago, Anonymoose said:

Thank you for the reply.

I'm definitely more inclined to have a metal slide and trademarks. (I'm picky.) If the Umarex USP is made by VFC then i imagine it's largely the same as my 4.5mm one, which is beautifully made. Apparently they're prone to trigger bars failing though if used in double action a lot.

I currently have my USPc and 18C as viable sidearms, i actually like the USPc more out of the two. Might just have to add a full-size Umarex/VFC USP to the collection some time..

That 229 looks very nice!

Pretty sure the Umarex USP Compact is OEM'd by KWA so it might feel a little different compared to the VFC. Mine didn't have the trigger-bar break but instead the valve knocker doesn't reset correctly so it just pisses all of the gas out when it strikes, alongside the mag release dying of death from repeated high intensity larping at home. Oopsies.

VFC/Umarex also make a P8A1 if you're so inclined, which is practically the same but with a slightly different decocker design and different markings (bundeswehr spec, but otherwise exactly the same as the normal USP 9mm)

1 hour ago, pyromancer6 said:

Pretty sure the Umarex USP Compact is OEM'd by KWA so it might feel a little different compared to the VFC. Mine didn't have the trigger-bar break but instead the valve knocker doesn't reset correctly so it just pisses all of the gas out when it strikes, alongside the mag release dying of death from repeated high intensity larping at home. Oopsies.

VFC/Umarex also make a P8A1 if you're so inclined, which is practically the same but with a slightly different decocker design and different markings (bundeswehr spec, but otherwise exactly the same as the normal USP 9mm)

Yes, the Compact is made by KWA. It feels really nice, fits in my hand perfectly, functions and shoots perfectly. The slide just feels a little "light" and racks almost too smoothly. The ergonomics and function of it is just perfect.

I've looked at the P8s and MK23s, but i prefer the USPs. I like the safety/decocker layout and the angled trigger guard.

I'm just gonna have to buy one, aren't i? 🤔

Edited by Anonymoose