Kdr.. Does it matter to you?

RILiON

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been playing a little while now and the other day I heard someone talking about their kdr In the safe zone was only something I heard on video games before and today I saw someone mention theirs here on the forum. I don't really count my deaths only kills and focus on having more fun than anything and achieving the games set objective. Which depending on the game means you're going to die a lot more than the other team (attackers vs defenders games). Just interested to see what the opinions are out there.

Guest PT247

I get satisfaction out of not getting shot and out of shooting people so I guess if I did the maths then I'd care. My play style often tends to get me shot a lot though as I don't like to sit at the back out of range... hence my sniper only having 350fps!

As long as I am doing better than 1:1 I guess the day is classified as a success! :D

• Supporters

Not really, but i'd rather not spend the whole day getting shot without hitting anyone myself. I think if you focus on it too much it will ruin your day when you do badly, I find this to be true in computer games too.

I dont keep count as a rule, as long as I am having fun its all good.

That being said, sometimes when im in a decent position and well dug in I will count kills from a single position, my highest total is 18 from one point before I had to move or was shot..

Guest RektnNekt

To me, a KD lower than 1 can be quite disheartening. A KD of 1 is acceptable, but not satisfactory. 1.5 and upwards is quite nice - this being said, it isn't something I tend to focus upon nor really keep track off - only becomes noticeable if there seems to be a pattern . It can either just be a bonus, or a reason to continue.

I get more satisfaction from the kills I do get and the way I got it either sneaking up or outsmarting the enemy in an even gunfight more than the sheer numbers which I'm sure will get better as I improve I just wasn't sure if it's how other people track or rate their success. I thought opinions might be mixed.

If you got time to count you're not playing hard-enough!

I get the enjoyment out of the experience/adrenaline rather than related statistics, although I might count a couple games when i finally bring a go-pro along so i can put a duke nukem ui over the footage

My K/D ratio is definitely good due to playing solo, most people play in groups so if I get the jump on them I'm getting several kills all to myself, vice-versa that's only one loss. I'm more about the combat than game objectives, if i started counting kills and caring about the figure I'd probably just end up abandoning objectives all together and as close to spawn camping as possible.

Happier in ignorance and confident enough in kicking ass to not need the validation :)

The first and only time I cared about KDR was my second game (my first game with a rental gun I couldn't tell if I was hitting at all). I counted every hit I thought I got. Now it doesn't matter to me, I care more about driving towards the objectives and goals of the team and moving and playing well in the way I enjoy.

I find the problem with tracking a kill death ratio is the effect on player behaviour when things are not going their way, in team games I dont understand why computer games even have available personal data on the score boards mid game.

One of the main reasons I dropped battlefield (And all other fps games, bar UT where deaths dont matter) was the subconscious change to my game play when I was doing " (personally) badly".

I am proud to say that in airsoft I pay no heed to Kills or deaths.

I only track kill streaks and time between deaths (How long I survive).

Personally I do not like to call my hits on others' "kills" - seems too serious and somewhat bitterly disrespectful to reality, in a computer game you "kill" their avatar. In airsoft you dont.

I call them gots, I got that guy, and his mate, then I got those two too. :P

I find the problem with tracking a kill death ratio is the effect on player behaviour when things are not going their way, in team games I dont understand why computer games even have available personal data on the score boards mid game.

One of the main reasons I dropped battlefield (And all other fps games, bar UT where deaths dont matter) was the subconscious change to my game play when I was doing " (personally) badly".

I am proud to say that in airsoft I pay no heed to Kills or deaths.

I only track kill streaks and time between deaths (How long I survive).

Personally I do not like to call my hits on others' "kills" - seems to serious and somewhat bitterly disrespectful to reality, in a computer game you "kill" their avatar. In airsoft you dont.

I call them gots, I got that guy, and his mate, then I got those two too. :P

In game I don't call them kills, it's whatever creative words flow at the time. I hit that guy or got him or snagged him or w,e. Just thought kill/death leaves no room for confusion for readers. Imagine gots/got got/ lol

Personally I do not like to call my hits on others' "kills" - seems to serious and somewhat bitterly disrespectful to reality, in a computer game you "kill" their avatar. In airsoft you dont.

By those standards I'd say using RIF and camo clothing is disrespectful to reality, but i get the point, even if it sets off my sense of semantics :)

I usually call it 'hit' or 'got' too as I've yet to impart death in airsoft, although I did shoot a beetle in half accidentally once...

Only things I've killed in airsoft so far is twigs, leaves, skin & brain cells lol

If I've hit them then it's 'hit' & back in the safe zone or over comms then it's 'got or taken out'

By those standards I'd say using RIF and camo clothing is disrespectful to reality, but i get the point, even if it sets off my sense of semantics :)

I usually call it 'hit' or 'got' too as I've yet to impart death in airsoft, although I did shoot a beetle in half accidentally once...

Accidentally ?? Lol

I class them as kills but refer to them as hits (as opposed to eliminations or the like) and generally don't say anything when I get one, if I do, it's usually only when I'm telling my team so they know what's occurring.

But of course, I'm from Wolverhampton - we don't say our h's, so I tell people "I've it im, e's gone." .

Accidentally ?? Lol

Command said the cardboard box was a free-fire zone, no-one had checked to see if there was innocent insects living there or not... the horror...

I don't disagree on the RIFs :)

I'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one who feels this way, I think any variation on 'target down' is best, but as an airsoft newbie, you'll not hear that from me, for now.

Nope I've never counted either and I tend to call them hits. Could ruin the day if I counted as I'd realise how crap I am.

Hahaha makes both of us

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.