Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

27 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/27294-fully-modified-arp9

And it's shooting hot for most sites.

The seller could at least be transparent to itemise the upgrades to back up the claim of being "fully modified" when they're selling it for a grand. That being said, why they haven't modded it to fire within most site limits as you alluded to is beyond me.

4 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/27294-fully-modified-arp9

And it's shooting hot for most sites.

Obligatory fire hazard LiPo charger too

39 minutes ago, AttackBunny said:

Prayers are answered now, the fully modified ARP9 is down to £950. Maybe now we can sleep a little easier 

Phew!  Finally, it is at a decent price!

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, Hatchet said:

I may be missing something here, but this ghillie had better be giving Harry Potter level invisibility cloak for that money.

Is that... is that a net, and some wool?

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Is that... is that a net, and some wool?

That will catch on every bramble, briar, twig and branch out there whilst offering basically no real benefit to concealment for those who are not already capable of hiding in a high-vis should the need arise.

I *may* be wrong but I thought half the point of a ghillie set up was being based on/attached to clothes. Not basically being a glorified scrim net with some extra raffia?

I mean its not even like its licking mustards "as used by tEh RuSsIaN fOrCeS" bullshit........

Edited by hunter511

1 hour ago, Hatchet said:

I may be missing something here, but this ghillie had better be giving Harry Potter level invisibility cloak for that money.

Natural fibre is an absolute dick to work with preparing etc, so that is why it costs so much. A 200m spool of properly produced Jute at 4/5mm diameter can be upwards of £400 on its own, before anything has been done with it. 

Basically, its monstrously overkill for airsoft, but then some donkeys run around with real plates in so..

Edited by GiantKiwi

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

A 200m spool of properly produced Jute at 4/5mm diameter can be upwards of £400 on its own

But 180m of 5mm sisal is £37.  I wonder how many airsofters could tell the difference, either while wearing it, or at 5m.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

But 180m of 5mm sisal is £37.  I wonder how many airsofters could tell the difference, either while wearing it, or at 5m.

Swings and roundabouts - These were not ever intended for airsofters, but its not a dreamer, because its something that given the right market, is not taking the piss.

Sisal won't last 10+ years if looked after, properly spun Jute will.

Edited by GiantKiwi

26 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

Sisal won't last 10+ years if looked after, properly spun Jute will.

Chuck that in a cupboard ever so slightly damp and you'll cry...

Of course if it was made of willow bast, you could get several millennia out of it, if looked after.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antrea_Net#:~:text=The Antrea Net is one,is dated to 8540 BCE.&text=The net was found by,his home farm Ämmä-Mattila.

• Supporters
21 hours ago, GiantKiwi said:

its not a dreamer

Given that he's asking the new price for the older, heavier A1 Silverback, I think there's somewhat of a feverish optimism to his adverts.

Or £29.95 and free postage for a new one on EBay.

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

Or £29.95 and free postage for a new one on EBay.

I don't know why these have become a thing regardless, Li-Ion are crap for high current requirements. Odds on he overpaid at LWA and is trying to sell for paid price 👀

Edited by GiantKiwi

9 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

I don't know why these have become a thing regardless, Li-Ion are crap for high current requirements. Odds on he overpaid at LWA and is trying to sell for paid price 👀

Most likely.  They really are not very good.  I bought a couple a few years ago when they were being touted as the "new best thing"; they weren't.

7 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

This seems... dodgy, real dodgy...

Joined yesterday, using stock images of an airsofter, using taken images of the pews in question, posting 4 different models at 4 different prices.

Giant Red Flag | EPH Creative - Event Prop Hire

Located in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, Scotland too

• Supporters

I've suspended his account, for review by @Jedi_Master, as has been pointed out too many red flags & contradicting info, I'd asked him to clarify stuff earlier & he's been on but not responded.

Better safe than sorry in case a noob tries to jump on the £300 ad. 

"I bought a load of pointlessly expensive accessories and want to charge you for my mistake, on what is essentially a bog standard WE GBB M4 in a quite potentially unskirmishable state."

Edited by GiantKiwi