Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

On 28/10/2023 at 20:15, -davo- said:

https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/25770-100rd-electric-pistol-mags-x2  - £55 posted?!?

orrrr
£10er each new from PB..

"Transform your electric pistol to a real beast of a weapon!"

Can anyone explain to me how simply increasing number of rounds between refilling or changing mags transforms an AEP into a "real beast"?

Just now, YFM said:

Where are you finding it new in stock?

These got discontinued a good while back so higher prices are justified...

My mistake, I looked at JD airsoft but it only tells you they're out of stock when you go to add it to your cart

• Supporters
4 hours ago, YFM said:

A pristine classic car might hold or increase in value, not entirely convinced a bashed up trmr is worth more lol, maybe there's a reason they're discontinued ? 😏

download (2).png

4 hours ago, YFM said:

Growing scarcity of a discontinued product has to be matched by high demand to warrant a higher price.

Being "discontinued" was the rationale one fellow previously reported in this thread had used in an attempt to inflate the price of a glorified boneyard item from a failed relationship he seemed very bitter about.

2 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

but but but the MAG RELEASE CATCHE has been customized!!!!!!

Don't take the pisse! 😂

• Supporters

I mean if its true about the mag incompatibility (not a drum mag guy) then filing the catch isnt the worst thing in the world to do.

I remember the first thing i ever did on the f2000 was take a hacksaw to the bottom of the gearbox to remove the pointless tab that prevented you using regular midcaps.

Same category of mod as snipping the mini tamiya of every single gun in the collection and putting an actual connector on it.

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I remember the first thing i ever did on the f2000 was take a hacksaw to the bottom of the gearbox to remove the pointless tab that prevented you using regular midcaps.

YES! I also did this! Why on earth did G&G design the gearbox that way? It was stupid.

19 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Eh?

Mine wouldn't release the mags properly & I considered filing down thw mag catch but 'customised' a mag instead so it would release without a faff.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Herrgh said:

YES! I also did this! Why on earth did G&G design the gearbox that way? It was stupid.

Afaik isnt it a holdover from it being a p90 box?

21 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Eh?

Mine wouldn't release the mags properly & I considered filing down thw mag catch but 'customised' a mag instead so it would release without a faff.

G&g with the version 6 box

Theres a lug with a screw on the bottom of the gearbox about where the fill hatch of a hicap mag is.

Fine if your using hicaps or g&g's special midcaps with a hole in them but a regular mid cap mag with a flat top wont seat properly.

But easy to cutoff the tab and it'll take regular mags.

Not the seller (the price is a bit high but not really Mack's worthy IMO) but the guy offering £50 is taking the piss

Edited by Cannonfodder

Yeah I agree with that.

Even I wouldn't have the neck to offer that. Especially as a visible question. I would at least DM the seller.

4 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Look at his profile, plenty of pukka kit that he must’ve collected at “make a friend” prices, the poor wee lamb 😂

Also his for sale prices aren't going to make him any friends

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Also his for sale prices aren't going to make him any friends

Goddammit I soooo wish he had live sales thread at the moment, I've got so many things wrong with me at the moment, he'd have to feel sorry for me & take a lowball.😢👍

11 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I've got so many things wrong with me

Well you are an AFUK regular

Or did you mean physical ailments?

On 02/11/2023 at 09:30, Cannonfodder said:

Not the seller (the price is a bit high but not really Mack's worthy IMO) but the guy offering £50 is taking the piss

"can you give me this for 50 pounds including postage? Not to make profit"

That's exactly what a lowballer would say when they intend to resell for a profit, especially when they lowball with such an insulting amount.