Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Galvatron said:

The argument of it being out of stock to justify the price is quite the reach. I don't imagine there is much demand for a less than cosmetically sound or fully functional RIF that had a low retail price to start with.

Yup, the Galaxy G5K performs a bit better than you'd expect for the bargain £70 price a few years back, but that's all, they're not magic.  The plastic is fragile and they're easily damaged (as per the advertised one). The only real selling point is [EDIT: was] the low price, they're not collector's pieces.

He could piss through the hole he's left by shooting himself in the foot so many times.

His ego wouldn't allow him to take the criticism on the chin and now he's just inspired confidence not to buy from him. I'm curious why he didn't say explicitly that he had paid £170. In any case, it doesn't matter. It's like those people who paid well above retail for graphics cards in the crypto boom then insisted they get back more than retail on the card when that crypto bubble burst.

Looking at his adverts he's got form for pie in the sky prices, anyone remember this? £150 for a £50 shotgun in a box

10 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

He seems to make a habit of damaging his toys.

On 23/09/2023 at 05:55, Cannonfodder said:

Looking at his adverts he's got form for pie in the sky prices, anyone remember this? £150 for a £50 shotgun in a box

"comes in a custom made display case"

I cringe when people go on about something being "custom made" in that context as if that makes it worth more money. The custom-made case was made for his tastes and requirements so he paid for the labour and the sentimental value. That doesn't mean it's worth much to Joe Public. I would like to know the thought process or the smack required to mark up the value so much.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Galvatron said:

"comes in a custom made display case"

I cringe when people go on about something being "custom made" in that context as if that makes it worth more money. The custom-made case was made for his tastes and requirements so he paid for the labour and the sentimental value. That doesn't mean it's worth much to Joe Public. I would like to know the thought process or the smack required to mark up the value so much.

Same as when guns have "custom" paintjobs.

It's not that, if they are done well or by a known name that has a reputation for quality work, that such things aren't of negligible value.

It's that as you say, you've got 2 kinds of people who will be looking at the advert:

-people who share your taste to whom the custom work may well be worth more money.

-people who don't to whom the custom work is at best something that adds no value or at worst (especially the case with paint jobs) an annoyance that will take effort to revert/replace.

Needless to say the second group is going to be significantly larger than the first.

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Same as when guns have "custom" paintjobs.

It's not that, if they are done well or by a known name that has a reputation for quality work, that such things aren't of negligible value.

Absolutely. The fact that he hasn't mentioned such a name is why the markup is questionable.

On the subject of custom paintjobs, I present you this example.

On 14/09/2023 at 22:09, JinxDuh said:

They was only £100 when they was new... Sure, they're out of stock but given the state of it and it being galaxy I can't imagine that it's genuinely worth £100 or am I missing something?

There's a much more reasonable listing on Airsoft Hub of the same brand & model.

£85 (collection only) for the RIF in full working order and much better cosmetic condition plus it has 2 batteries and 3 mags.

£100 for a £65-70 shotgun with a spring upgrade.

https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/23395-tri-shot-shotgun

I'll give the benefit of the doubt it's the ASG version of the SPAS-12 since it has a red shell and not the even less expensive Double Eagle version (black shell) that will relieve you of less than £40.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Galvatron said:

£100 for a £65-70 shotgun with a spring upgrade.

Upgraded to what?  Chronoing at what?

Given the number of screws buzzed straight into fragile plastic holding these things together, I wouldn't want one that's been apart once, let alone enough times to find a spring that actually works better than the stock one.

I could be wrong, but that looks more shiny than my ASG Franchi.

• Supporters

You've got me second-guessing myself, but IIRC there's a single spring in the ASG tri-shots, driving three pistons.

That's how the CYMA tri-shots work (which I also have and wouldn't recommend disassembling!) - or rather two concentric springs.  So, yes, which one would you "upgrade", and to what?

Dunno about other brands, but everything's just a clone of a clone of a clone, innit.

£750 for an upgraded Krytac.

350fps - hardly a “DMR

also, “Lone Survivor DMR” - has this guy even seen the movie? 

IMG_4246.png

IMG_4247.png

IMG_4249.jpeg

On 26/09/2023 at 12:54, Rogerborg said:

Upgraded to what?  Chronoing at what?

Given the number of screws buzzed straight into fragile plastic holding these things together, I wouldn't want one that's been apart once, let alone enough times to find a spring that actually works better than the stock one.

I could be wrong, but that looks more shiny than my ASG Franchi.

I bought a £10 single shot DE shotty from TG.  It shot about 400fps on a .20.  I unscrewed the body, held it apart with a stick (the front was glued together) and cut two coils off the spring.  Dead on 340fps first time.  Shitty self tappers just about held on putting it back together. 

Still have it years later as a back up, back up rif in the gun bag in case the lad forgets to pack my gnu for a post work night game again...  Don't think I'd charge £40 odd quid for doing so...

Wowzers

those mags must be worth a fortune, cos the gun isn’t 😂

Got one a couple of years ago, new, from a retailer for almost 50% of his asking price

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

Paid £80 each for two in my last TG pre-Brexit mega purchase.  £50 for six mid-caps from HK though.  

7 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Wowzers

those mags must be worth a fortune, cos the gun isn’t 😂

Got one a couple of years ago, new, from a retailer for almost 50% of his asking price

£179.99 at Patrol Base; mags are £11.99 each so gun plus five extra mags = £239.94

£150 is a good price.

Edited by Colin Allen