Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Claims only the Laylax shop have it in stock but 10 seconds on google shows patrol base also have it in stock for half what he wants

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

Claims only the Laylax shop have it in stock but 10 seconds on google shows patrol base also have it in stock for half what he wants

LOL, I check too. I guess some sellers need to try and justify their asking price.

PB's boneyard section always makes me chuckle. £340 + postage for a non functional BOLT, anyone?

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/bolt-by-101080-br47-mk18-mod-1-b-r-s-s-aeg

You could pair it with this broken clone of a clone "Glock" for "just" £90.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/evolution-airsoft-by-101769-e017-warrior-gas-blowback-pistol

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

PB's boneyard section always makes me chuckle. £340 + postage for a non functional BOLT, anyone?

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/bolt-by-101080-br47-mk18-mod-1-b-r-s-s-aeg

You could pair it with this broken clone of a clone "Glock" for "just" £90.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/evolution-airsoft-by-101769-e017-warrior-gas-blowback-pistol

DA FUQ ?, stupid prices for what is essentially secondhand & broken. 

What I don't get is they offer repair & upgrade tech services, why the fudge aren't they correcting these faults themselves ?, yep I know it's a "profit thing" lol, but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in their tech services. 🤔

Again, I guess someone is paying the asking price eventually, but....second-hand and non functional, save a whole £55 off the brand new & working price:

Evolution Airsoft BY-101963 - E-416 10" CQB AEG w/ETS. III (patrolbase.co.uk)

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Tackle said:

What I don't get is they offer repair & upgrade tech services, why the fudge aren't they correcting these faults themselves ?

I'd assume that they've found from experience that optimistic buyers will pay as much for a "totally fucked but might be a simple fix" wall hanger as for a used but notionally working gun.  I actually appreciate the honesty in their descriptions - nobody can say they're not being fairly warned.

Saw the price and assumed this would be "fully-upgraded"...turns out it's stock.

I then tried to count how many optics and tracer units it came with, but kept running out of fingers and toes....

26 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd assume that they've found from experience that optimistic buyers will pay as much for a "totally fucked but might be a simple fix" wall hanger as for a used but notionally working gun.  I actually appreciate the honesty in their descriptions - nobody can say they're not being fairly warned.

Ideal if people want to HPA it or fully redo the internals too, to be fair. Saves them a little bit of money than buying brand new

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

PB's boneyard section always makes me chuckle.

Bespoke Airsoft are also guilty of strange pricing logic. They have two A&K Masada. One that is electrically dead, stock release broke, selector missing and second one that works but the selector is 'broke' and 'needs a service' but they're both priced exactly the same at £148.20.

The only retailer i've seen good boneyard/used prices from is ActionHobbies.

Edited by MrTea

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Again, I guess someone is paying the asking price eventually, but....second-hand and non functional, save a whole £55 off the brand new & working price:

Evolution Airsoft BY-101963 - E-416 10" CQB AEG w/ETS. III (patrolbase.co.uk)

Patrolbase and other retailers are absolute mad regarding boneyard prices. Who is gonna pay hundreds of pounds for a paper weight? They need a reality check. It's not like they pay retail prices anyway...🤣

Edited by Krisz

38 minutes ago, MrTea said:

The only retailer i've seen good boneyard/used prices from is ActionHobbies.

Delete this! Haha...I used to pick up some gems, now everything is snapped-up in seconds.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Krisz said:

Patrolbase and other retailers are absolute mad regarding boneyard prices.

My point is that they've being doing this long enough to have figured out that it's buyers who have the problem with reality, not them.  It's not like it's even "or nearest offer", it's take-it-or-leave-it, and some folk are taking it.

5 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Saw the price and assumed this would be "fully-upgraded"...turns out it's stock.

Here's how I read that:

"Used £265 gun in unknown condition.  [Charlie Brown wah-wah-wah noises]. £700, won't split, buyer must collect".

31 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

I personally would rather buy one that's brand new. 

Don't bother, I have one & they're shite.

42 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/gas-powered_1/kj-baby-glock-26_i50042

£80 for a used KJW with one trashy-painted magazine 😂

but but but it's ideal of u have other glock mags and it has john wick in the description so it must make you a better player