Taking some Leave, possibly leaving all together.

Qlimax

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi to all,

So I wanted to post a quick thread to let people know I have decided to quit the sport. It’s been coming for some time now but think I’ve finally had enough. This may be temporary but more than likely will be a permanent thing. Whilst I am still making my complete and final decision my kit will be kept ;-).

I’ve lost all enjoyment of the game lately, this all started with my SMP and it’s just gotten worse. A number of game days my SMP has ruined my day completely and then I got my Tippmann to which that did the same thing. Both are now fully working sweet as titties but I seem to have lost the mo-jo for the game.

Also I think things have gotten worse for me within the Airsoft community after the BACS thing back in mid 2014, it seemed like I lost all my creditability and 100% good feedback became worthless overnight after posting that but things done with that wasn’t to be dishonest to be sport it was to show that ONE persons greed could have ruined the sport for everyone else given what they were doing.

For the time being I will still be on the forum, posting and helping if I can but only time will tell if I will stay with the sport or leave it all together.

I will say AF-UK has been a brilliant forum with some top people within it. Long its success continue & grow.

Qlimax

• Supporters

NNNOOOOooooo......

This makes me sad. Don't go. Just try a different site, meet a different crowd!

• Supporters

Sorry to hear that - mega soz if I got on people's nerves

I know I'm like Marmite....

But sorry you have reached a crossroads - if you don't get that enjoyment or buzz from something

then you are getting old or need to maybe throw yourself into something new perhaps ?

But glad you may still stick around - all that wisdom would be a waste to just pull out completely

I do hope you can get your mo-jo back and return to the field now n then at least

Hope you can get the bug again but wish you all the very best sir

• Supporters

Tried a different site & whilst I did enjoy the day I still had it in my head “ Just wanna go home “ and “ CBA with this “ L.

Defo not getting old well hope I ant anyway I’m only 28. If I do quit completely I will remain on the forum as much as possible as you say with having knowledge in some areas I’ll always share it and help when and if people need it.

It’s weird as it’s a sport I did really enjoy and I’ve put a lot of time into it and building my own weapon which now seems all for nothing.

and you don't get on my nerves Sitting Duck.

• Supporters

I'm sorry to hear that too.

I had something similar when I stopped fixing other people's guns. I enjoyed it for some years but after getting entangled in it and having some really bad days, I questioned if I really wanted it. I still enjoying building guns but I didn't enjoy taking apart a crappy one the 20th time so I stopped doing that.

Keep what you like leave what you don't. Maybe if you change your play style, it will be interesting and challenging again. Grab a bolt action rifle if you didn't already - something like that.

• Supporters

I'm in exactly the same boat, considering staying but I've lost pretty much all motivation to do so, I've taken a break from it for a few months and now I'm wondering if I'll actually bother re-starting or not.

If you just regular skirmish I think things get stale quite quickly. Maybe try some MIl Sim of different varieties? Something to plan toward and plan your kit etc just builds excitement for the event even if its months away. This is my main way of airsofting now as with child etc I cant get to a local field every week.

• Supporters

i've tried CQB, woodland, role play style mil-sims etc and i still feel i just CBA with it.

I only play here and there, with having a two year old son i don't get the play as much i used to but now when i play just don't want to.

At the moment i think i just play for the sake of playing cos i've spent so much on my SMP and Tippmann they make me play to get the use out of them and justify the money. if that makes sense.

• Supporters

Spoken like a true diehard airsofter! :D

New gunz solves all!!!!

did that with the Tippmann didn't work lol.

I know the feeling. When my Tar 21 was misbehaving and my M4 was in pieces again I just got fed up of fixing it all, going to the game, having it perform poorly or outright break and then having to spend yet more tech time thrown into it over and over. In the end thankfully I pushed through it and now the Tar 21 is working wonderfully and the T4-18 is going to get repaired for the last time and then sold and replaced with a Krytac SPR. In the end I needed to rid myself of the items that were dragging me down like an anchor. I think everyone that does their own tech and finds themselves doing more than they want to gets that nagging feeling like they just can't be bothered doing dealing with the problems anymore.

• Supporters

I know the feeling. When my Tar 21 was misbehaving and my M4 was in pieces again I just got fed up of fixing it all, going to the game, having it perform poorly or outright break and then having to spend yet more tech time thrown into it over and over. In the end thankfully I pushed through it and now the Tar 21 is working wonderfully and the T4-18 is going to get repaired for the last time and then sold and replaced with a Krytac SPR. In the end I needed to rid myself of the items that were dragging me down like an anchor. I think everyone that does their own tech and finds themselves doing more than they want to gets that nagging feeling like they just can't be bothered doing dealing with the problems anymore.

It’s funny now though cos the Tippmann and SMP are running sweet as…. Well the SMP is my Tippmann again ran excellent on Sunday but when I wanted to do a little full auto to bed in my new hop mod it just struggled to do it.

Think I need to play a few games with my trusted TR15 which has been a mint AEG from day one, maybe that will sway my mind.

Get the same feeling with my GHK which has been problematic to say the least. Moral of the story - leave the fuck alone

Pseudo-Science: As with all sports the fun is all about that adrenaline/endorphin etc dump on the brain. if it's not being prompted by playing airsoft anymore, it suggests you've gotten too comfortable in skirmish environment for it to occur, and it's become a task rather than activity.

So you need something to put the shits up you enough to get a thrill again perhaps? Thin clothes so getting hit is actually something to avoid or only using a pistol? Something wacky?

Hope after a break the idea becomes exciting again!

I sometimes get this feeling if it's a really slow day or if a sim/game gets bogged down. I find Colonel Kurtz suggestion kind of helps.

Go down only to thin clothing layers,be extremely aggressive (play style wise) and go bare bones with the gun. Stuck on some tie wrap on my VSR to make some bodged 'sights' (actually worked decently at 30m lol) and just ran around diving up and down in mud and wet leaves in nothing but a T-shirt. Amazed I didn't get pneumonia or something. Added bonus is I thought I looked like a bit of a twat so I started exercising more.

I'd suggest taking a break and clearing airsoft from the mind. I find from even half month long breaks I start thinking of action I've had in the past, and a little thought of ''I want to try that again'' or ''I want to try x'' pops in.

Don't turn it into a chore,make it something to look forward to. That's all mental games and varies from person to person,wish you good luck though OP

I know the feeling. Last time I was as a site I looked around and thought to myself, "Wtf am I doing here" and it dawned on me how literal it is that we are "playing soldiers", felt a bit embarrassed with myself to be honest.

Can't stop buying kit for my Force Recon loadout though, I think the lack of play over the years and building the loadout means i've turned into a gear collector instead of an airsofter without even realising.

• Supporters

i think i've lost the interest as i used to be in army and when i left i got into Airsoft as an odd way of keeping myself somewhat into something as close to my old life as i possibly could but it's nothing like my Army life and it never will be. Think that's started to dawn on me now which is taking all the fun out the game.

Join a PMC? I hear the Brit companies pretty much have a monoply on shipping contracts so it'll just entail taking pot shots at Skiffs? :P

• Supporters

Ah with you. I can't as I can't pass a medical due to an injury I got on tour in the army I was medically discharged.

Sorry to hear that mate. Not all gruntwork though, a lot of them specilaise in logistics and risk analysis stuff so there may be a job out there with a medical you could pass and a hint of military life you miss?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.