The Balshoy Bolshevik Bash

Ian_Gere

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

10402724_1438579013050189_80349108138149

For more details join the FB group Russian Military Airsoft Loadouts UK. Those who went to the first one all say it was a great day - this time it's going to be a longer event :)

Facebook accounts don;t have to be real. I have one since Bellurgan announce all their news through fb(Though thankfully use a google docs form for joining and all that craic)and it;s proper filled with lies,nobody actually checks that stuff so you can be decently anonymous on facebook- You can also keep actual information through PM with organizers

• Supporters

Yeah, I really don't like FB either, but with so many people using it for events and info, I had to relent and make a profile. I have been sucked into playing games on it a couple of times, but these days my attitude is fixed curmudgeonly - airsoft and actual mates only / everything else can fuck off and die.

I'm a teacher over the years I've seen too many people get in serious trouble over Facebook no matter what privacy settings you have, kids find you.

I also have seen too many people get in serious trouble over facebook, and it's never because someone has found them, it's because they have done something inexcusably stupid.

Yeah, like mentioning the word 'ukara'

That's when the idiots who just want to use MEMES and insult people come out trying to show there dominance and ignorance despite what you put in the first post you make

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

This event was sold out, but due to people dropping out, there are now about 7 places available.

I have quite a lot of experience of airsoft related Facebook.

Although the larger buying and selling groups have a lot of trolling, I dont think its any worse than forums. Its just proportional to activity and unfortunately I must say that there is a lot more airsoft related activity on Facebook than there is on the various airsoft web based forums.

Also, the speciality groups like Josh's are pretty sensible - you generally find that the admins are a lot hotter and quicker on these smaller FB groups.

Its no big deal having a FB account. You put as much or as little personal stuff on there as you wish. You can lock down your security settings as well.

• Supporters

We can only hope so, but this is only the 2nd and, of course, whether it continues will depend on how popular it is - if all places get filled, the budget for the event will work as the organisers have imagined; if it falls short of numbers, then they may end up losing money, which will obviously be a bad omen for future events.

Have you read what people said about the first one? Apparently it was such a laugh charging into battle against NATO on the back of a BRDM, but this will have even more vehicle stuff plus other Russian drill :)

Can attest to the first bash being brilliant - nothing is more fun than jumping off a BRDM whilst under fire. Only downside was half the NATO team leaving because us Bolsheviks were thoroughly beating them. Hell we were the defenders on the first game but we got bored and charged them haha

Really gutted I can't make this one, Josh has got a lot of stuff planned for it that I want to do. Definitely would recommend going if you can.

• Supporters

5 places left now... you'll kick yourself if you miss it - just like me for missing the 1st one!

• Supporters

I'm gutted I cant make this one :(, I was at the first one it was so much fun

two vehicles at this one as well so the games might be a bit more even

Yeah, pretty much safe to say that anyone who misses this one will really wish they hadn't. 4 places still remaining!

• Supporters

It's the week before my finals begin... Sooooooo not happy I can't make it -_-

• 5 months later...
  • Supporters

Yeah, i'm still too ill. Gutted!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.