If you had £550, what gun would you buy?

ikarma70

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, basically as per title, I could have about £550 to spend on a new airsoft gun for cqb and open site, I really like the real sword type 56 range(yes I am an ak fan) but what else is out there as I have little experience in what's good and bad out there?

Atb

Andy

A daytona gun kit jammed into a Dboys or used VFC AK Body,a bit oddly specific I know,but Dboys steel bodies are fairly cheap and easy to get and the Daytona Gun AK kit is the most common one

Anything other? Probably a TM recoil or something because they put a big childish grin on your face when shooting them. Next would probably be splurging out on some Retro Arms gearbox parts and whatever's popular for DSG shit with the yanks and building a Dual sector gear unnecessary ROF monster just to piss people off,I'd say if I skimped out on the external quality I'd say I'd be able to build a DSG for 550.

Some lovely GHK GBBs will certainly be on the list,probably the G5 since M4s aren't my thing(Thought it is lovely) and I often adore the little super maneuverable plastic guns

Sorry I thought I said I wanted aegs especially with cold weather coming and the limited firepower really puts me off but I didn't so my apologies.

My local site is cqb and that will be my main site, MAW is 20 miles away.

I really like the RS type 56 but there isn't a tactical model afaik so that's a no go, the bolt ris m4 is very viable as it has a recoiling action and is 11.1v ready I believe.

The RS type 97 is just plain ugly and has no tactical rails so that's a no go..

I will say one thing for airsoft, there's loads of choice!!!

Sorry I thought I said I wanted aegs especially with cold weather coming and the limited firepower really puts me off but I didn't so my apologies.

My local site is cqb and that will be my main site, MAW is 20 miles away.

I really like the RS type 56 but there isn't a tactical model afaik so that's a no go, the bolt ris m4 is very viable as it has a recoiling action and is 11.1v ready I believe.

The RS type 97 is just plain ugly and has no tactical rails so that's a no go..

I will say one thing for airsoft, there's loads of choice!!!

Why not go for the RS 56 and buy some real steel rail kits for it? Should still come within your £500 limit, and very few people have issues with RS.

Why not go for the RS 56 and buy some real steel rail kits for it? Should still come within your £500 limit, and very few people have issues with RS.

Mmmm I wasn't aware you could but as the rs56 is essentially a real gun outer body wise I guess it makes sense, now that is food for thought ... Thankyou buddy!!!!!!

Marui 870 Breacher with a spare gas mag, breacher shotgun scabbard and as many TM shells I could get for the rest of it.

OR...

Marui Recoil AKS74U with two extra hi cap mags and an AK sling.

• Supporters

LCT AKS-74 body kit

PDI 6.05mm inner barrel

Maple Leaf 60 deg* / Prometheus Purple hop rubber

RATech hop cushion

PDI Palsonite cylinder

Magic Box double O-ring piston head

SHS/Super Shooter pretty much everything else

CT-2 Teflon grease

BTC Chimera V3 MOSFET**

*Going on recommendations - I've just ordered one so i'll soon be able to compare them to Prometheus Purple which are the best i've tried so far, better than PDI W-hold.

**If you can find one, if not maybe the V3 ASCU although I haven't read the specs yet and what i'd be after is pre-cocking, so if not that, a Burst Wizard BW3.

Edited by Ian_Gere
MAG mags

I'm in the exact same situation budget wise, I've arrived at the TM Scar-L CQC Version. Only issue is the expensive and HTF mags, saying that I found them fairly quickly :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.