Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

just received my cyma cm030, the charger is a nasty thing and was wondering if it would be ok to make an adaptor to work with my vapex smart charger?

if its from like a large to small Tamiya or something like that, then you'll be fine. I've used one for ages without a problem

its currently wired to deans connectors, as are all of my batteries, i will convert the leads for the charger on the cyma to deans too, thanks for your help :)

• Head Moderator

Has anyone purchased from a company called ur-tactical.com? www.ur-tactical.com I think they are Hong Kong based, and sell the OPS (UR tactical) range of clothing and kit. This is the same kit as sold by Hueys. I assume that Hong Kong is the main supplier, and Hueys is the UK retailer (whose do not have much stock and charge more for it). (unable to make red)

• Supporters

Need to spray an alloy CASV front end black, is Krylon the best option? Or is there another, more hardwearing paint which is readily available and would look right?

Krylon should be fine as long as the current finish is sound. If not, rub it down to bare metal then primer and matt black car paint from Halfords.

Hi everyone, i am using the ultimate cylinder head and ultimate piston and ultimate piston head in the g&g standard cylinder. Now when i fire, it doesnt force the bb out of the barrel. I dont have anything covering the top hole on the cylinder so could that be the reason why? Any solutions? Do i have to get another cylinder?

• Supporters

Hi everyone, i am using the ultimate cylinder head and ultimate piston and ultimate piston head in the g&g standard cylinder. Now when i fire, it doesnt force the bb out of the barrel. I dont have anything covering the top hole on the cylinder so could that be the reason why? Any solutions? Do i have to get another cylinder?

Did you take any pictures?

I'm thinking about getting a tracer silencer but not sure if i should get a rechargeable one or one that takes throw away batteries.

How long do the batteries last on a non rechargeable one?

• Supporters

I'm thinking about getting a tracer silencer but not sure if i should get a rechargeable one or one that takes throw away batteries.

Just get the Marui tracer its better than all the others except the xcortech x3300w and thats expensive. Just use rechargeable batteries.

• Supporters

Get the ASG B&T one. It's exceptionally good and much cheaper than the Marui one. I takes standard batteries so just buy a set of rechargeables from Maplin and Bob's your uncle.

Get the ASG B&T one. It's exceptionally good and much cheaper than the Marui one. I takes standard batteries so just buy a set of rechargeables from Maplin and Bob's your uncle.

How long do the batteries usually last?

• Supporters

The asg one is ok but still think the marui one is better the bbs seem to be brighter. But each to there own.

• Supporters

How long do the batteries usually last?

They'll definitely last a full game day maybe more if you remember to turn it off at the end of the day!

• Supporters

The asg one is ok but still think the marui one is better the bbs seem to be brighter. But each to there own.

Just how bright do they need to be though? My ASG one is plenty bright enough to be seen in normal ambient light (certainly bright enough to give away your position in the dark) I can't honestly see any need for it to be any brighter!

• Supporters

Just how bright do they need to be though? My ASG one is plenty bright enough to be seen in normal ambient light (certainly bright enough to give away your position in the dark) I can't honestly see any need for it to be any brighter!

As I said each to there own. I personally like the light show you get with tracers and want the bbs to glow as bright as possible. If that doesnt interest you then the asg is a good little unit certainly works as well as if not better than the madbull and g&g units. I use an xcortech but unless you want all the extra features its an unnecessary expense and eats batteries at a fair old rate.

TM tracer keeps up with high ROF a bit better, I tried an ASG & Madbull one and found they missed a beat or two.

Also found only the TM and Xcortech are self-contained well enough to not see the strobe go off when facing it (not a big issue when the point of a tracer is to make your shots visible, but it does give a flashing beacon of exactly where the end of your gun (and you) are). I've managed to pick out people firing them from dark rooms much better due to this effect.

Guest PT247

Has anyone tried the tracer hop up units?

I tried the Madbull Ultimate hop-up unit with the tracer added, it works but is far dimmer than the end of barrel ones if you only fire semi and if you have not fired for a while the first 1 or 2 BBs will not be charged at all. The permanent wiring also makes stripping the gun down more of a fiddle if rear wired. and will continuously drain the battery unless you fit a switch to the wiring.