Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters

and another!....saves new topics!

These have been out a while but are these rails available anywhere?, not had much luck yet?

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/topic/191367-review-mtek-fast-g3ag3ct3c-facial-armor-system/

http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/454-airsoft-face-protection-the-fast-t3c.html

You can get them direct from the MTEK webpage or I believe they also have an Ebay store. They are designed to fit a MICH style helmet though so bear that in mind.

sorry another question....

pressure pads....how would you fit this one? just some velco or tape

can you get grips with a universal groove to fit this in?

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/xtar-accessories/xtar-pressure-switch.html

already have the torch for other no airsoft reasons so this would be ideal instead of a new one

Just use some electricians tape. Not too tight as to press the switch, but tight enough that the pad won't move. Never had any issues after many skirmishes

• Moderators

me again!

can anyone recommend mid caps for an ICS M4 style ,ive read some don't always work?, 6 pack if possible **

**that reminds me, must get back to the gym

NOTE - This was red when I typed it!, any idea whats going on it typed in red, just posted in black??....must be my win7 PC.....

• Moderators

cheers mate, I have them on notify in black....unless I get the Tan CXP one soon!....tempted! :D

are there other brands that also work/fit well?

• Moderators

Haha it is I,

iPad won't allow this in red

Anyone come across or know of where is can get some ver small Velcro straps?, looking on google but not succeeded yet

Basically it's to go through fma helmet clips that came on helmet to the v2face/ear pro

Used zip ties for now, which works but would like some form of strap

Thanks in advance

• Supporters

Haha it is I,

iPad won't allow this in red

Anyone come across or know of where is can get some ver small Velcro straps?, looking on google but not succeeded yet

Basically it's to go through fma helmet clips that came on helmet to the v2face/ear pro

Used zip ties for now, which works but would like some form of strap

Thanks in advance

Homebase - 3M velcro cable ties.

• Moderators

Cheers, popped into town but didn't get chance, I'll take a look online, think I saw similar on amazon?

• Moderators

curious but is there a difference between these ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-Tactical-Airsoft-Protective-Mask-Tan/dp/B00LHJE540/ref=sr_1_38?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1444577399&sr=1-38&keywords=half+face+mask+mesh

and these?

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/half-face-airsoft-protection/8-fields-mesh-lower-face-ear-protection-tan.htm#.VhqFQaSFPGg

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/black-bear-raider-tan-mesh-mask-with-ear-protection

except cost

i got the ones from PB back in July but now looking at the non ear version to fix to my helmet as these seem a struggle a little and dont want to cut them up.... and i have the helmet ear sides anyway.....then goggles/mesh or glasses.....again! haha

• Supporters

Cheers, popped into town but didn't get chance, I'll take a look online, think I saw similar on amazon?

Yes, you can get them on Amazon. They come in different sizes and colours

If I want to use an airsoft suppressor to hide a longer inner barrel is there any effective difference (other than weight) in regard to practical use between outer diameters from 30mm up to 40mm? 100mm and 200mm suppressors only.

if just hiding a longer inner barrel the outside diameter of a suppressor will be irrelevant as it will do nothing to deaden the sound

• Head Moderator

and i have the helmet ear sides anyway...

What do you refer to?

I think the attachable Fast helmet plastic side covers that protect the ears.

• Supporters

If I want to use an airsoft suppressor to hide a longer inner barrel is there any effective difference (other than weight) in regard to practical use between outer diameters from 30mm up to 40mm? 100mm and 200mm suppressors only.

PT is right if the inner barrel reaches to the end of the suppressor. However if there is even a centimetre of gap between the end of the inner barrel and the muzzle, then the size of the suppressor and how much of it is open to air movement (ie not full of foam or completely blocked by something which stabilises the inner barrel) will affect the sound of the shot. In theory at least a wider suppressor will give you more potential for noise cancellation due to out of phase reverberation. That said, the effect is not at all pronounced...

• Supporters

Anyone know how to negate/remove the AK folding stock tactical wobble? Tried gluing some card to the back but didn't totally work...

I think the only way forward is to change either the catch or the bit of the stock it locks past. It depends on which make you have though whether you could do that by bending part of the stock, or whether you'd need to actually replace something.

• Moderators

I think the attachable Fast helmet plastic side covers that protect the ears.

indeed, ordered while I was shopping at AP!

will fit when mask arrives, they are the rubber ones, cheaper ones, I think others were Kevlar?

I think the only way forward is to change either the catch or the bit of the stock it locks past. It depends on which make you have though whether you could do that by bending part of the stock, or whether you'd need to actually replace something.

Ah, I assumed it was the pin between the stock and receiver. do E&L do replacement parts for their 105's?

• Supporters

Anyone know how to negate/remove the AK folding stock tactical wobble? Tried gluing some card to the back but didn't totally work...

Bit of rubber - inner tube or something or rubber washer - depending how thick or big the wobble

super glue, epoxy JB weld or something ????

• Supporters

Ah, I assumed it was the pin between the stock and receiver. do E&L do replacement parts for their 105's?

No idea about spares, mate.

I'm pretty sure that it isn't the pin that causes the problem - i mean, it'd have to be such an obvious flaw, ie being too thin, for it to be the pin at fault - surely the manufacturer would have sussed and sorted it out? I spose you'd be able to tell on your own gun though - does it wobble when the stock is unlocked from the catch, when it's just the pin holding it? I've just checked my E&L and it's rock solid, but it also seems unlikely that the bit of the stock which locks with the catch could become bent, or the catch itself - i'd imagine that the welds holding the stock together would fail first, so i dunno, maybe the pin on yours is moody...

• Supporters

Question:- I have 3 mags for my we g18c, there all filled with the same gas and bbs, yet 1 of the mags, ridiculously over hops bbs. (And I keep forgetting which mag it is)

All mags hold gas, with no leakage etc

Any idea why?

(Posted from mobile so no red)

• Moderators

picking up some bits at UA tomorrow from Firesupport

ICS CXP-UK1

Lipos charged (they said)

set up for 0.20's

(RED>>>>>>> ) with the 45 and 180 rd mags, anything I need to do?**

or can I just plug and play?

no idea why PC wont let me type in red, gotta be windows!

• Supporters

picking up some bits at UA tomorrow from Firesupport

ICS CXP-UK1

Lipos charged (they said)

set up for 0.20's

(RED>>>>>>> ) with the 45 and 180 rd mags, anything I need to do?**

or can I just plug and play?

no idea why PC wont let me type in red, gotta be windows!

Ask them to set the hop for 0.25 and use those instead. A lot more accurate than 0.2 bbs.