M_P

Gun picture thread

4399 posts in this topic

Thanks guys :)

To polish the ejection port cover ;) I raided my wife's nail stuff! She has these cuboid nail files with four different surfaces on them. File, buff, smooth and shine. They work great for all sorts of stuff!

I think I am going to repaint the grips before I varnish them. I want them a bit lighter I think. I just painted those with back, dark umber, and crimson acrylic paints. A coat of burnt umber or even an ochre should do the job :)

Hubert and remus like this

Interesting technique for polishing it, I'll keep that in mind the next time I try polishing something.

As for the wood - you could try painting it a light colour (something off-white, like buff titanium), then using a very dark wood varnish to give it a wooden colour. Although it'd probably be best to practice it on something non-important first.

If you mix your lighter paints with varnish you can build up layers of semi-transparent colour which will look more like the patina of real wood. Good idea to practice on something else 1st.

Awesome tips guys, thanks.

I've repainted the grips so now they have a few different colours/layers and I have ordered some clear gloss varnish. So a little too late to follow your advice :D

I figure I can always start again if my half arsed technique doesn't work :D

kerby91 likes this

New bipod grip

post-7292-0-63062700-1370712842_thumb.jpg

I like that AK :'O however the grip w/bipod kinda kills it... I would of understand using soviet one from RPK or something

Just finished my TM Sopmod :wub: Magpul MOE grip and trigger guard, Magpul XTM Handstop, Troy sights, Vortex RS Strikefire sight, Madbull 11" VTACS Battle rail, Laylax hard buffer ring, Magpul ASAP and Magpul ACS stock modded to fit the 7.4v Nunchuck LiPo batteries in.

20130608_191025_zps10527894.jpg

20130608_190944_zpsdf0fac47.jpg

20130608_191040_zps6d4d981d.jpg

The RIS surely did make it look awesome!

If I would of own that beast, I would of change the aimpoint for eotech :P if longer I guess eotech x4?

How did you mount the bi-pod/grip?

That handguard looks like it's got a moulded rail on it

I think full length AK's look daft with a suppressor and the front sight pillar still on. Can't say I like those grip-pods on anything either, not even L85A2's.

I would take the front sight and cleaning rod off and add either a top cover with rail or a side mounted rail for a red dot, or just do without the suppressor. For a grip I'd go with something folding.

The 20mm rail I drilled into the hand guard myself which was easy enough but I haven't moulded anything on. I wanted a grip but also a bi-pod , I couldn't make my mind up so I got both :) the silencer makes the rattle when firing on full auto quieter and more of low pitched thud instead of the thwacking of metal on metal which personally I think sounds better, apart from new bush bearings and a custom fit tight bore barrel instead of the old standard barrel everything else is stock.

I note what lot of British players have a L85/86.

It is only on the forum or it is also lot present on the airsoft field ?

Funny, because NO ONE at my site uses an L85. They all use either M4/HK416s, some have SCAR variants, and two use ACRs.

All of the snipers (Apart from me and another guy) use an L96.

Jean-Luc 2 La rue likes this

I actually like AK's with suppressors, but not personally a fan of folding grips... Maybe a magpul RVG would look good. No optics though, not for me. That's almost too much imo.

A lot of people at my local use L85/6's. Funny though, more often than not they're polish. Not sure how I should take that, but whatever. They're certainly not as common as M4's though.

I never used to see L85s until I got one.

At first I wasn't planning to Afghan it up, or even get Brit kit, I just thought it was more interesting than an M4 or AK.

Now half the people on my site have them lol, probably because they're sick of being shot by mine haha.

I like the bullpup guns, to be honest I had a spring L85 two toned when I was like 16 as my parents bought me it for a present..

I liked the feel of holding it, tho not for long, was some cheap shite, jammed on BB's, without knowledge wanted to check what is wrong and bam broke it completely xd, 2 years passed and I still wonder where my buddy is xd

My 'old school'/kiss rifle.

Gearbox and everything else on the lower is JG the rest is a mix of TM and other pieces form my bits box :)

null_zps2426b2f4.jpg

null_zps162d6ce3.jpg

dazzer306 and Dan_W like this

It looks so disgustingly average!

You think?

I'm not a huge fan of older styled rifles but I love the Xm177/similar styled rifles, much more sleek and better looking than some of the modern day stuff with stuff hanging off every rail space available.

Dan_W likes this

Indeed, built it purely because I could :P

Makes a nice difference to all the rails and magpul that fill the sea of m4's I see around (keeps quiet about running it with emags B))

It's really light as well with the plastic receiver, now to put together a PSD loadout for it

Dan_W and TeddyBhoy like this

The RIS surely did make it look awesome!

If I would of own that beast, I would of change the aimpoint for eotech :P if longer I guess eotech x4?

The sight is a real steel Vortex Strikefire. It comes with a screw in x2 converter and the quality is awesome as you would expect. Best thing is though, the price - £127!

Vortex also do a sight called Sparc which happens to look like an Aimpoint t1 and also comes with a screw in x2 converter and sells for £148.

I can't decide if I like the XCR or not, it looks like a Frankenstein gun, bit of AR, bit of FN, bit of H&K, it's one of those things you look at and think, "Is that actually a gun in real life?" and I think it's that thought that turns me off about it.