Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

I think full length AK's look daft with a suppressor and the front sight pillar still on. Can't say I like those grip-pods on anything either, not even L85A2's.

I would take the front sight and cleaning rod off and add either a top cover with rail or a side mounted rail for a red dot, or just do without the suppressor. For a grip I'd go with something folding.

The 20mm rail I drilled into the hand guard myself which was easy enough but I haven't moulded anything on. I wanted a grip but also a bi-pod , I couldn't make my mind up so I got both :) the silencer makes the rattle when firing on full auto quieter and more of low pitched thud instead of the thwacking of metal on metal which personally I think sounds better, apart from new bush bearings and a custom fit tight bore barrel instead of the old standard barrel everything else is stock.

I note what lot of British players have a L85/86.

It is only on the forum or it is also lot present on the airsoft field ?

Funny, because NO ONE at my site uses an L85. They all use either M4/HK416s, some have SCAR variants, and two use ACRs.

All of the snipers (Apart from me and another guy) use an L96.

I actually like AK's with suppressors, but not personally a fan of folding grips... Maybe a magpul RVG would look good. No optics though, not for me. That's almost too much imo.

A lot of people at my local use L85/6's. Funny though, more often than not they're polish. Not sure how I should take that, but whatever. They're certainly not as common as M4's though.

• Supporters

I never used to see L85s until I got one.

At first I wasn't planning to Afghan it up, or even get Brit kit, I just thought it was more interesting than an M4 or AK.

Now half the people on my site have them lol, probably because they're sick of being shot by mine haha.

I like the bullpup guns, to be honest I had a spring L85 two toned when I was like 16 as my parents bought me it for a present..

I liked the feel of holding it, tho not for long, was some cheap shite, jammed on BB's, without knowledge wanted to check what is wrong and bam broke it completely xd, 2 years passed and I still wonder where my buddy is xd

• Supporters

My 'old school'/kiss rifle.

Gearbox and everything else on the lower is JG the rest is a mix of TM and other pieces form my bits box :)

null_zps2426b2f4.jpg

null_zps162d6ce3.jpg

• Supporters

It looks so disgustingly average!

• Supporters

You think?

I'm not a huge fan of older styled rifles but I love the Xm177/similar styled rifles, much more sleek and better looking than some of the modern day stuff with stuff hanging off every rail space available.

• Supporters

Indeed, built it purely because I could :P

Makes a nice difference to all the rails and magpul that fill the sea of m4's I see around (keeps quiet about running it with emags B))

It's really light as well with the plastic receiver, now to put together a PSD loadout for it

The RIS surely did make it look awesome!

If I would of own that beast, I would of change the aimpoint for eotech :P if longer I guess eotech x4?

The sight is a real steel Vortex Strikefire. It comes with a screw in x2 converter and the quality is awesome as you would expect. Best thing is though, the price - £127!

Vortex also do a sight called Sparc which happens to look like an Aimpoint t1 and also comes with a screw in x2 converter and sells for £148.

• Supporters

I can't decide if I like the XCR or not, it looks like a Frankenstein gun, bit of AR, bit of FN, bit of H&K, it's one of those things you look at and think, "Is that actually a gun in real life?" and I think it's that thought that turns me off about it.

• Supporters

I like the FAL-esque charging handle. In fact it's the best bit about the gun. It would be better still if it had a folding handle also, and if it also had an L1A1 SLR type fire selector I would consider buying one.

• Supporters

Without wanting to piss on your chips, Dragunov mate, if you can't get a UKARA number or another defence organised then my recommendation is you need to get more bright paint on your musket. See, that is plenty more than 49% realistic colour and, by putting it together like that, you have manufactured a Realistic Imitation Firearm, which is an offence under the VCRA.

• Supporters

To be honest I don't think.it matters hugely, so long as you take off the m203 before and after games.

Let's face it, no one paints more than just the slide of a pistol bright. Its seems that not even the retailers pay attention to the rules.

• Supporters

Well. M_P, you're correct that people do habitually bend the rules, but so long as the VCRA exists in its current form, as a site we need to encourage people to follow them. Personally I think that the Act is a bad piece of law, not because it creates this two-tone requirement, but because it makes no sense when compared to the requirements for other things, and there is nothing to stop anybody with nefarious intentions from painting a real steel gun two-tone and, perhaps, being able to get the drop on armed police as a result.

The only way that the stupidity of the Act can be demonstrated properly however is if somebody is prosecuted for some poxy part of it like the percentage of bright paint on a pistol. Which is where I'm torn, because whilst I fervently wish that to happen, I don't want it to be anybody I know, any of us on here, or me that gets nicked...

• Supporters

I couldn't give a toss if it was me and I got some money or other thing's out of it (Apart from going to a holiday camp!)

• Supporters

Trust me, TPI, you'd soon get sick to the back teeth of it. No matter what it is, anything involving lawyers takes absolutely ages to get done and to get this Law repealed or rewritten by a Tory Govt. would take nothing less than a European Court directive, which they would appeal...

Meanwhile you have "Firearms Offence" stamped indelibly on your Police Record, which is a bummer for the old CV, but potentially far worse is anytime you happen to be questioned by Police walking home late at night, or perhaps out and about town in the vicinity of a contretemps involving the traditional harsh language and black eye, let alone what may happen if you actually are involved in something out of which they just can't keep their noses...