The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

4 minutes ago, ButcherBill said:

You really need an AK47 & AKM in there.

I really wanted to get an underfolding AKMS but apparently all of the AEG underfolder stocks are really weak?

1 minute ago, JinxDuh said:

I really wanted to get an underfolding AKMS but apparently all of the AEG underfolder stocks are really weak?

Yeah, I'm unlikely to use mine in game anyway but I don't think I'd trust it to last without issues.

bit of a round robin of airsoft retailers to buy some bits.

CT25 from Zeroone as it was cheap due to the closing down sale.

EMG loader from BZ as I'm lazy this fills all my mags without any problems

new impact from JD which is lightweight compared to others I've used.

image.thumb.jpeg.56903bc7e8bbbef8611d0373a880ac47.jpeg

24 minutes ago, ButcherBill said:

Been after a Dragunov for a wee while & saw this on the classifieds, this walls getting a bit busy, reckon it's time I found a new home for the helmets.

460369418_26763304306618284_1502850661782817523_n.jpg

Everyone loves a Pickelhaube 

4 hours ago, ButcherBill said:

Yeah, I'm unlikely to use mine in game anyway but I don't think I'd trust it to last without issues.

What do you reckon the chances of it breaking is, if carefully used? 🤔

On 18/09/2024 at 15:53, LMKipper said:

That 308 Unleashed looks incredible - bet that will make a brilliant DMR platform.

Yeahhhhhhhhh, the statement I made about not owning an MTW is no longer true as I have now received my MTW 308 Unleashed and it is really nice. Came with a curved trigger instead of that icky straight trigger too, so saved some extra money there too as I would've replaced the straight trigger if I did my build on the regular version. It's A&K SR-25 compatible with the mags, except not quite as my Cyma SR-25 magazines did not fit. Fortunately I picked up some Battleaxe SR-25 mags from someone here a few months ago that didn't quite fit properly in my Cyma SR-25 and they fit (very snug) into this, so I do have mags to use!

Taking it to my local site this weekend and obsessively setting it up for 1.88J on .43s as I plan on using it as a DMR, then testing how many shots a single co2 bulb will give me. I love that it only comes with a two position fire selector, so it's very much locked to semi auto. I still need to buy a bunch of external parts from Brownells for it, but that'll be a next month purchase as I really can't justify spending even more than I already have this month. Taking both of them to AI500 next month, so will need to turn the psi down on the regulator as their DMR rules are turbo-crap at 1.48J, so I might just tune it down to 1.14J on a .32 for it but we'll see. Planning on using the SRS anyway, with the MTW as a backup for if the SRS dies, purely because of their bad DMR rules and I have to take it easy since I'll still be on blood thinners, so I'll be hanging back a lot.

Also the suppressors arrived, both for the MTW and the SRS I bought recently too. Makes the SRS a lot quieter and I'm very happy with that and hoping it's good on the MTW as well, because I bought the same suppressor (the DTSS .308 one), but 14mm threads instead of the 24mm one on the SRS. Will be pumping up the tank for the MTW today and slapping some cr123s in the grip, so I'll find out later I suppose!

image.thumb.jpeg.529341543942521d814297a75efd8dda.jpeg

Can you still get the same consistency with CO2 bulbs? I've considered converting my GHK to liquid CO2 and although that offers better mild weather performance than propane, the repeat shot consistency doesn't seem much better than propane as you're still relying on the expansion of a liquid propellant.

The idea of a contained HPA DMR sounds great - it's the flappy line that's always put me off the HPA route. Shame the J rating is so low for DMR, I think you're right about just tuning to 1.1.

Edited by LMKipper

3 minutes ago, LMKipper said:

Can you still get the same consistency with CO2 bulbs? I've considered converting my GHK to liquid CO2 and although that offers better mild weather performance than propane, the repeat shot consistency doesn't seem much better than propane as you're still relying on the expansion of a liquid propellant.

The idea of a contained HPA DMR sounds great - it's the flappy line that's always put me off the HPA route. Shame the J rating is so low for DMR, I think you're right about just tuning to 1.1.

I have had the same consistency on my VSR, as that is a Wolverine Bolt with the co2 adapter inside the stock because I'm the same as you; I can't stand lines and external tanks, especially since I tend to play the sneaky sniper role and crawl under bushes and move through dense foliage and a line gets caught on absolutely everything. The reason why it's a lot more consistent than something like the GHK on co2 is that at the end of the day it's still an HPA setup with a regulator. You do still get a few spicy shots at the start of the bulb and a few very limp shots as you get to the end of the bulb, but for the majority of shots I have found (at least with my VSR on co2) that it's pretty damn consistent because of that regulator. I won't pretend to understand the science of it, but I think it's because it basically gets the liquid propellant out of the bulb, converts it to a gas in the regulator up to a certain pressure that you set on the regulator, then uses that just like it would a regular air tank to push the BB when you pull the trigger. I could also be entirely wrong on that, but it would explain why it's more consistent on the VSR, which is a bolt action, but could be inconsistent if I were to spam the trigger on the MTW; I might test that theory on Sunday, but honestly it's not a big concern of mine since I plan on using it as a DMR anyway (Worthing Airsoft and Driver Wood are both 1.88J for DMRs which is a lot nicer) and spamming triggers with a DMR is a no-no, and people who do it are making the rest of us look bad!

And for AI500, yeah it's a real shame the limit is so low; I would've liked 1.88J, but even 1.64J would've been "okay". I'll see about it, but I might still go with 1.48J if only so that the shots have a bit more force for those 50-60m shots that I could hit at 1.1J anyway. My experience with 1.1J builds is that you need a couple of BBs for people to feel it at those longer ranges, as when I used my Kar98k at that range on .32s, people weren't feeling them unless they were completely still. Hopefully I won't even have to use it though, as I'd be rather upset if the SRS went down on the first game day I'll be using it, and 2.32J of bolt action is waaaaaaay more useful than 1.48J of DMR.

On 18/09/2024 at 17:31, JinxDuh said:

The best one is the LCT one... But it's still not great great. The real issue is any big shock, say you fell over and hit the stock. Will likely result in it breaking. 

There is the tiniest bit of up and down play in mine from new, part of the design. But its held up for at least 6 months. and I do actually switch between folded and unfolded quite often. 

I believe the E&L design is the worst as it doesn't click into place when folded. (Not a huge problem as friction holds it in) But E&Ls are more prone to failure. 

Edited by Asomodai

WGCShop order with a bunch of nice AK bits arrived today - and despite the dreaded RM email about customs charges it seems I've got lucky and might've dodged them.

spacer.png

Before:

Spoiler

spacer.png

After:

Spoiler

spacer.png
spacer.png

Absolutely made up - everything fits & really makes this thing look amazing now. The new pistol grip is such a massive improvement over the standard and having the choice between the DTK-4 suppressor and DTK-2 muzzlebreak makes the lizard brain happy. Can't wait to field on Sunday!