What would you get?

Dead Simple’s………

Ive got a family member coming back from the USA who has been over for a while

They have offered to bring back something Airsoft for me with them

I don’t really look at the US stores as shipping is mental

I don’t really know what I would fancy, but I know it can’t be anything RIF shaped or look like any RIF parts, nor batteries etc

Im probably looking more at cool kit that you can’t find easily over here

Gear, or clothing probably, optics, just cool shit

But I’m at a low ebb and can’t think

Im not even inspired by the Bunker Branding merch

Inspire me to take advantage of my international mule

(no prison wallet stuff either please 😆)

I think this is a fairly personal thing, so not sure how much my answer would help but I'd ask for some genuine surplus kit. Desert marpat (because it's really hard to find outside the US!), genuine alice kit (because it's peanuts in the US, like PLCE webbing is peanuts over here), a nice 1911 holster, a proper stetson if coming over from Texas...

I could keep going :P 

• Supporters

Er, I believe US-made NODs are on the export prohibition list.  Or at least a TSA goon might very well believe that.

20 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Er, I believe US-made NODs are on the export prohibition list.  Or at least a TSA goon might very well believe that.

Other than being out of my budget, I believe most nods in the us are subject to something called ITAR , which regulates military use items (tech) banned from being exported.

But I may search up some camo’s etc 👍

I'm pretty sure one could find a way around ITAR.

In any case, yeah I'd go for nods, thermals or fancy nylon.

Ignore half the kit because it'll likely be ITAR restricted. 

In terms of actual RIFs...why do you think you can't bring them here?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Skara said:

In any case, yeah I'd go for nods, thermals

I looked at night vision prices when going down the rabbit hole for night and/or mil-sim games and seeing the prices people were paying for monoculars... *cries in poor*

Edited by MrTea

After ordering kit last night I understand the postage issue, TBH tho the kit I ordered was dirt cheap and with the postage added it was still cheaper than buying from Germany (nothing I wanted in the UK)

Just have a deep think about what you'd like & won't cause you or your friend any grief at either border.

• Supporters

Stick to camo clothing, nylon kit etc.  I have no idea what your tastes are but somewhat as was said above, US surplus costs peanuts there but the postage is of course a lot; easy way to save on whatever you fancy (I like woodland camo kit from the early 00s myself).  This may not be relevant to the offer you received, but tons of surplus stores in the US are literally owned by some crusty old vet who hates tech, doesn't want to use the internet etc etc so their stores don't even have websites.  From what my mates over there say a lot of the bargains require shopping the 1980s way.

Badged M65s to flog, issued desert marpat.

16 hours ago, BenJackson said:

In terms of actual RIFs...why do you think you can't bring them here?

Im pretty sure with phone calls, docs printed, emails sent to relevant airport customs and airline depts and desks, RIF’s could be brought 

I don’t want the hassle of that for my associate

I was in the west coast USA a few years ago and the surplus stores are crazy to rummage around, as @TheFull9 says, it’s shopping 80’s style - go visit and see what you can find 😵💫

Qore ice plates, especially with the weather getting warmer 🥵

Being from the USA, what would bring over? Street tacos from Texas is probably No. 1 on the list.

But as for airsofty things… you can actually bring a RIF. It just needs to be in checked baggage and inside a case (I believe PIN locked for Airsoft). Heck, it’s legal to bring your real steel pistols and rifles around in checked baggage. I have a TSA approved case for my Sig 365.

on the other hand, depending on where they live, I’ll second the motion to find a surplus store. You can get just about anything if you’re in the right spot.