Anyone know Mrchrissyb1984 in the real world?

Hate to ask but bought a RIF on the classifieds from Mrchrissyb1984 , who's been a forum member for quite some time. Paid for the rif but all went quite on the 5th May. He's not been back on the forum since and hasn't replied to direct e-mail. I'd hate to bring his reputation into doubt if there's a good reason for not replying to me! So if you know him could you ask him to check his e-mails and forum mail to put my mind at rest.

Cheers all

peter207

• Supporters

@Mrchrissyb1984 care to respond  ?

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Paid with PayPal? Raise a dispute. That should get his attention.

DOH, why didn't I think of that😵💫

Posted (edited)

yep, I'll give it a week. He hasn't visited the site since the 5th May, and I like to give him the benefit of the doubt... On the plus side I've bought a lot of stuff on the forum and this is the first time I've had a problem, I guess some people just don't call their hits!

Edited by peter207

• Supporters
2 hours ago, peter207 said:

yep, I'll give it a week. He hasn't visited the site since the 5th May, and I like to give him the benefit of the doubt... On the plus side I've bought a lot of stuff on the forum and this is the first time I've had a problem, I guess some people just don't call their hits!

Start a paypal dispute, why give him a week if he hasn't even given you an excuse for not responding. 

If he doesn't respond to them, you'll get your money back quicker, & even if he does come back with an excuse, valid or not, DONT EVER stop a paypal dispute until you've either got your money, or the items (& your happy with them), as once stopped it can't be restarted.

Seriously, I'm amazed at how many sellers are super quick with comms etc right up until they're paid, & then become sloth-like or ghost you🤬

27 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Start a paypal dispute, why give him a week if he hasn't even given you an excuse for not responding. 

If he doesn't respond to them, you'll get your money back quicker, & even if he does come back with an excuse, valid or not, DONT EVER stop a paypal dispute until you've either got your money, or the items (& your happy with them), as once stopped it can't be restarted.

Seriously, I'm amazed at how many sellers are super quick with comms etc right up until they're paid, & then become sloth-like or ghost you🤬

This. 

Guy has no trade feedback, why give him the benefit of the doubt?

1 hour ago, peter207 said:

sadly for me, I did F&F on the paypal, yes I know! Well won't do that anymore.

Why? Why? Why?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, peter207 said:

sadly for me, I did F&F on the paypal, yes I know! Well won't do that anymore.

FFS Pete, why, no wonder he's ghosting you.

You need to get on to paypal & your bank, there's a slim chance he's a longtime paypal member, if this is the case then you may be able to convince them he's purposely committing fraud, if you have pms showing he actively asked for f&f for whatever reason, screenshot them & forward to paypal, same for your bank as it was your funding source.

While odds aren't great,  they have to investigate if you claim its fraud.

Do this immediately, if his paypal account is new, there's a possibility of a delay in him being able to withdraw funds, not entirely sure about f&f but it's worth a try.

Ok nearly two weeks now so I guess even thou he'd been a member for some time Mrchrissyb1984 aka Christopher Benton as a scammer, or has suffered some terrible luck preventing him from loggin onto the site and replying to direct e-mails and messages through pay pal. So if any one plays at Dirty Dog airsoft please senfd him my regards and ask him where my rif got to. I suspect it's going to cost him more when his karma bites him in the arse!

I take it you're not able to attend this site yourself?

1 hour ago, Sd96 said:

Think this is your guy, found on the dirty dog fb page 

BF4EB666-3D1C-4809-8F5E-00418CD05CD6.png

He probably mislaid it in his beard.

• Supporters

Time to spank the dirty dog page with facts on their resident scammer ?

Posted (edited)

I'd say there is a duty to warn others when he has made no effort to respond to any of your communications.

@peter207 You were very generous in leaving a neutral rating. Your decision of course though I would think if you've paid money but not received what you paid for and he's not come back to you in a reasonable time that should call for a negative rating.

EDIT: Seller was honest and came back

Edited by Galvatron