Pistol recommendations

Hi everyone, I’m after a pistol to supplement my m4,

I like the look of the cz P09 and

I find the desert eagle too big and unwieldy can anyone else other pistols I can look at and research ? 
Thanks ! 😊

Generally anything Tokyo Marui will be good, so I'd take a look through the pistols that TM have on offer and see if you like them.

Outside of that, I really like the AAP-01. It's super modifiable and pretty reliable as long as you don't use the fun switch. If you want to use the fun switch, they require upgrading because the full auto will blow the trigger sears apart. I've had no issues with mine at all, but I only run them semi-auto.

Ive had no issues but lots of fun with my WE P226. It is solid in the hand but not heavy.received_339982305522500.thumb.jpeg.d3418a7665d7e0ce190f291480ee915f.jpeg

I'm quite partial to the Hi-Capa, coming in several different barrel lengths (from 3.8" to 7")

TM's versions are expectedly great out of the box though you may not like plastic slides in which case WE's haven't let me down. Especially with TM, there's a big aftermarket for performance upgrades and cosmetic customisations.

9 hours ago, owencash said:

Hi everyone, I’m after a pistol to supplement my m4,

I like the look of the cz P09 and

I find the desert eagle too big and unwieldy can anyone else other pistols I can look at and research ? 
Thanks ! 😊

I think ASG is the only one who makes CZ replicas but I could be wrong. The new CZ P-10 C came out few months ago.

Cz shadow 2. Nice gun.

If you like the P09 just go with that. I’ve had a couple over the years and I always enjoyed shooting them. They have a great feel to them. And they make a good starter gun.

They come with either a metal or a plastic slide. If you’re gonna play during the winter (low temperatures) go with the plastic. Otherwise the metal slide is nice.

Avoid the co2 mags as it might shot a tad hot. Greengas works just fine.

If you want an upgradable workhorse go with a TM Glock 17 gen4 or 5. Its pretty much the exact same size as the P09.
If you want something a bit more compact the TM G19 gen4 is great. Just be aware that all TMs come with a plastic slide (whitch is a good thing performance wise.)

Edited by theSwede

I use to run a site shop and the fastest way I found was just to get the buyer to hold different guns , what suits one player another will hate. 

I have large hands but I love compacts with full size grips ( Xdmc, hi-capa 4.3 , g19 etc ) 

If you have a main store close or even a site shop pay them a visit and handle all the main models of pistol( don't rack them.. they can get annoyed lol ) find a model you like in the hand and then look for the best brand of it.

I wasn't keen on hi capas when I started airsoft, but I have come to regard the TM ones as probably the greatest of all airsoft pistols.

They have the best trigger of any pistol and are the easiest to disassemble and reassemble. There are not that many internal parts to worry about. Metal slides, outer barrels etc are readily available. 

The only thing I don't like about them is the grip, but that is easily fixed. I prefer to fit Guarder tactical grips which make the hi capa look more like a regular 1911 and less like a race gun. But if you like the race gun look, you can pick up a Cow Cow grip for not much more than twenty quid, and buy a nice magwell to compliment it.

I have had loads of pistols over the years, and I love Glocks,  but the hi capa has been the most reliable and the best performing. The FNX 45 was pretty good but I never got used to the look of it. 

sa 1.jpg

stac 8.jpg

hi capa d.jpg

sculptor 1.jpg

Melling 2.jpg

dual 4.jpg

IMG_5336.HEIC IMG_9869.HEIC

Edited by emilianoksa

I'll second that with recommending a Hi Capa.

Can stay standard or go any direction really. They are excellent pistols.

I went a bit silly with my TM Gold Match.. literally not a part original left inside or out 🤪

It is fantastic for CQB.

IMG_6714.jpeg

IMG_6715.jpeg

IMG_6719.jpeg

IMG_6721.jpeg

IMG_6723.jpeg

IMG_6722.jpeg

Unfortunately ti reccomended a particular pistol I'd say we need more information. How often will it be used? Is it going to be used as a primary or spend 99% of the time in a holster? Also what's your budget? There no point in us suggesting high end expensive guns if they're out of your price range.

The CZ SP09, whilst ergonomically, is shit in use, imho.
Which is why I gave it to my son. 🤣
The SZSP01 Shadow, however, is a massive bowl of awesome sauce. I loved them so much I used to run two.
Or If you want some sneaky sneaky, then an MK23 will see you right. No they're not blowback, but they're laser accurate out to about a billion meters.

On 26/04/2024 at 14:10, Mr Dellski said:

I'll second that with recommending a Hi Capa.

Can stay standard or go any direction really. They are excellent pistols.

I went a bit silly with my TM Gold Match.. literally not a part original left inside or out 🤪

It is fantastic for CQB.

IMG_6714.jpeg

IMG_6715.jpeg

IMG_6719.jpeg

IMG_6721.jpeg

IMG_6723.jpeg

IMG_6722.jpeg

Very nice build.

12 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Very nice build.

Need my head examining 🤪

Laylax (Nine Ball) Aluminium Hi-Capa Custom Lower Frame "RR"

Wii Tech CNC Steel Hi-Capa Frame Gear Plate

AIP Custom Grip Set - Stippled (Type A)

PDI Stainless Steel 6.01 Inner Barrel (118mm)

Maple Leaf ‘Decepticon’ 60º Hop Rubber

AIP Enhanced Reinforced Nozzle

Laylax (Nine Ball) Magazine Output Valve NEO-R

Laylax (Nine Ball) Hi-Capa Series Gas Route Seal Bucking

Cowcow Trident Sear Leaf Spring

AIP 120% Enhanced Recoil Spring

AIP 140% Enhanced Nozzle Return Spring

LA Capa Customs ‘Hyper’ 5.1 Aluminium Slide

LA Capa Customs ‘Turbo’ Blowback Unit

LA Capa Customs TDC Brass HopUp Unit

LA Capa Customs 5.1 ‘Tornado’ Threaded Outer Barrel

LA Capa Customs 5.1 ‘Tornado’ Duralumin Guide Rod

LA Capa Customs 4.3 Guide Plug with Delrin Ring

LA Capa Customs Short Stroke Kit

LA Capa Customs V2 ‘Defender’ Magwell

LA Capa Customs Slide Catch

LA Capa Customs Ambi Safety

LA Capa Customs Aluminium Grip Safety

LA Capa Customs Magazine Catch

Wii Tech CNC Steel Enhanced Valve Knocker & Spring

Wii Tech CNC Stainless Steel Valve Knocker Lock Set

AIP Hammer Spring & Cap

Airsoft Masterpiece CNC Steel Hammer (STI style)

Airsoft Masterpiece CNC Steel Sear

Airsoft Masterpiece Steel Disconnector

Airsoft Masterpiece Aluminium SV Puzzle Trigger

Airsoft Masterpiece Aluminium SV Puzzle Trigger Base

Airsoft Masterpiece Steel Trigger Bow

Airsoft Masterpiece Steel Fibre Front Sight - SV

Airsoft Masterpiece Aluminium Adjustable Fibre Rear Sight - STI

Edited by Mr Dellski

Hi all, ended up going into my local shop and have purchased a Tm desert warrior, used it on a skirmish on Sunday and I’m happy with it !

Only slight drawback is it’s only doing 2/3rds of a magazine of bb’s on a gas fill, any advice on that or just grab another mag ? As it’s a bit tedious going back to the safe zone to refill between games. 

I now realise why people get the hi capa but I really like the colours and design of this one !! 
thanks for all your help 

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, owencash said:

Hi all, ended up going into my local shop and have purchased a Tm desert warrior, used it on a skirmish on Sunday and I’m happy with it !

Only slight drawback is it’s only doing 2/3rds of a magazine of bb’s on a gas fill, any advice on that or just grab another mag ? As it’s a bit tedious going back to the safe zone to refill between games. 

I now realise why people get the hi capa but I really like the colours and design of this one !! 
thanks for all your help 

It's a 26bb mag but less gas capacity than a hi capa, so it's always gonna struggle to empty, but it will improve a little as the weather gets warmer.

Don't think of it as a hindrance, had it been real steel you'd only get 8 shots at best.

If the trip back to the safezone is a pain, consider getting a smaller refillable gas can to carry in game, along with a speedloader.

26 minutes ago, Tackle said:

It's a 26bb mag but less gas capacity than a hi capa, so it's always gonna struggle to empty, but it will improve a little as the weather gets warmer.

Don't think of it as a hindrance, had it been real steel you'd only get 8 shots at best.

If the trip back to the safezone is a pain, consider getting a smaller refillable gas can to carry in game, along with a speedloader.

That’s a really good point, could you link a refillable mini canister, I can’t seem to find any 👍🏻

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, owencash said:

That’s a really good point, could you link a refillable mini canister, I can’t seem to find any 👍🏻

Knobitch makes one.

https://eu.novritsch.com/product/portable-gas-container/

• Supporters

Try pistols in your hands, everyone is different… there is no right gun for all

personally I like my g18c’s … and aap-01’s … but I have shovel for hands, so desert eagles and mk23’s fit me well

1911’s and hi-cappa are not my cup of tea

• Supporters

Nothing wrong with the extra gas idea of course, but for less than a refillable tank you can buy another mag.  It's just options; you either carry extra mag(s) or a speed loader and tank and refill in a lull, or simply reload the gun.  More total shots with the latter but much slower and more stuff to carry - fewer shots with the former but less bulk/weight and faster.

I'm a big TM 1911 guy, the Marui 1911A1 was my first pistol and I've picked up more variants over the years.  Wearing small-med gloves they work for me, but I only load in the region of 10-20 BBs (weather dependent) and don't generally plan/expect to rapidly fire off a whole mag tbh.  Which should be fine, as unless you're doing pistol primary for fun that scenario pretty much isn't going to come up.  I've always found the accuracy really made up for the capacity.

1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

Nothing wrong with the extra gas idea of course, but for less than a refillable tank you can buy another mag.  It's just options; you either carry extra mag(s) or a speed loader and tank and refill in a lull, or simply reload the gun.  More total shots with the latter but much slower and more stuff to carry - fewer shots with the former but less bulk/weight and faster.

I'm a big TM 1911 guy, the Marui 1911A1 was my first pistol and I've picked up more variants over the years.  Wearing small-med gloves they work for me, but I only load in the region of 10-20 BBs (weather dependent) and don't generally plan/expect to rapidly fire off a whole mag tbh.  Which should be fine, as unless you're doing pistol primary for fun that scenario pretty much isn't going to come up.  I've always found the accuracy really made up for the capacity.

I'll echo this. The TM 1911 does have its issues with the small magazines, but it's really not that bad. During the summer, mine easily rattles through an entire mag, but won't do much more. During winter, I tend to use something else though because I run a bolt action or DMR like 99% of the time, and my local site has a lot of quite close-up parts so I tend to use my pistol a hell of a lot because MEDs are a thing (I often refer to Worthing Airsoft as woodland CQB)

I'd say the 1911 is the least suitable for actual games due to the mags reduced gas and BB capacity.