G&G LevAR 15

Skullchewer

On 20/03/2024 at 15:34, The_Lord_Poncho said:

It would be interesting to know if those same sites have a ban on semi auto shotguns - in my head at least, just having three barrels sat right next to each other, discharging 3 shots with every pull of the trigger is no different. Certainly the scope for dishing out/receiving pain is the same!

Agreed. With how light some triggers are it can be very easy for someone to spam the trigger and put more plastic down range than I could with my 870. There was also the old marushin M500 shotguns which would fire 5 bbs (or 3 if you went with the 8mm) down one barrel but nobody had a problem with. 

• 3 weeks later...

On 14/04/2024 at 12:58, Mad dog 49 said:

That looks interesting 🤔 

On 24/04/2024 at 08:15, Skullchewer said:

I really want one, but I'm going to wait for some reviews. 

I've been wanting a replica like this for some time so I've decided to get it on Pre-Order from my local shop/field, I'll test it without upgrades and on Gas (Red as thats what I have) and then will put all my upgrades into it with HPA tap and let you all know how it goes 😀 

Fancy a Winchester 1892 but a modern lever action doesn't tickle my peepee...

yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2024 at 17:06, Krisz said:

I'm glad that G&G innovates at least but I'm more excited about their gas shotgun which eats AEG magazines.

shoti.jpg

I had a play with one of these a couple of weeks ago. It's interesting. 5 or 10 shot mode. Not great range but it would be a fun cqb weapon. 

Gas efficiency seems pretty terrible though, as its one barrel kicking out all those bbs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So just saw this from airsoft world

ATTENTION ALL G&G LEVAR OWNERS! THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH YOUR RIFLE.

It has come to our attention that there is a serious design flaw in the G&G LevAR rifles - both sizes. The pistol grip is breaking and disconnecting the gas line that travels from the gas tank within the pistol grip and into the main receiver. If gassed and under pressure, this can happen with an explosive release of the pressure, so please DO NOT use or mess about with your rifle.

We were notified two days ago of a customers rifle 'exploding' as it was lifted from its box immediately after delivery. As we have not yet received that rifle back, we were not sure what had caused this failure and were hoping that it had been damaged in transit by the delivery courier. Around 5 mins ago, we've had two customers at the same airsoft site with the exact same failure. First use of the rifle and they both failed after a small impact. All three of these were the LONG 15" version but the grip is the same on the shorter 7" and although the shorty doesn't have the associated weight and leveraged forces of having the full stock and longer top receiver, there is still a risk of the same  thing happening if you impact it hard enough.

One rifle was propped on its stock and slid sideways, landing flat on the ground. The other was accidentally dropped to the ground from waist height whilst standing in the safe zone. Both pistol grips shattered and instantly released the gas as the line connection disconnected.

Please bear with us as we are not open again until Tuesday (we have always been shut on Mondays) and we will contact YOU. So please do not start sending us emails, texts and everything else you want to throw at us, including the LevAR's 😛 We cannot get hold of G&G until Monday, and although I'm fairly sure they must already know about this failure we need to discuss a solution in order to resolve this quickly.

PLEASE PASS THIS POST ON TO EVERYONE YOU CAN

**This is a TOY, not a real firearm!**

2 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

So just saw this from airsoft world

ATTENTION ALL G&G LEVAR OWNERS! THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH YOUR RIFLE.

It has come to our attention that there is a serious design flaw in the G&G LevAR rifles - both sizes. The pistol grip is breaking and disconnecting the gas line that travels from the gas tank within the pistol grip and into the main receiver. If gassed and under pressure, this can happen with an explosive release of the pressure, so please DO NOT use or mess about with your rifle.

We were notified two days ago of a customers rifle 'exploding' as it was lifted from its box immediately after delivery. As we have not yet received that rifle back, we were not sure what had caused this failure and were hoping that it had been damaged in transit by the delivery courier. Around 5 mins ago, we've had two customers at the same airsoft site with the exact same failure. First use of the rifle and they both failed after a small impact. All three of these were the LONG 15" version but the grip is the same on the shorter 7" and although the shorty doesn't have the associated weight and leveraged forces of having the full stock and longer top receiver, there is still a risk of the same  thing happening if you impact it hard enough.

One rifle was propped on its stock and slid sideways, landing flat on the ground. The other was accidentally dropped to the ground from waist height whilst standing in the safe zone. Both pistol grips shattered and instantly released the gas as the line connection disconnected.

Please bear with us as we are not open again until Tuesday (we have always been shut on Mondays) and we will contact YOU. So please do not start sending us emails, texts and everything else you want to throw at us, including the LevAR's 😛 We cannot get hold of G&G until Monday, and although I'm fairly sure they must already know about this failure we need to discuss a solution in order to resolve this quickly.

PLEASE PASS THIS POST ON TO EVERYONE YOU CAN

**This is a TOY, not a real firearm!**

Never buy gen 1 😂

What's the likelyhood of it being a small batch of the production effected and they're not all like that? Going to suck if they're all fragile in the same way. I wonder what G&Gs response will be like and if they've ever had something like this happen before.

I have seen people saying that so far this has only occurred on the guns that airsoft world have taken apart and painted but I myself don't have any evidence of that either way. 

Edit: This has been disproven. See the post from airsoft world below

Edited by HuttArmouries

9 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

I have seen people saying that so far this has only occurred on the guns that airsoft world have taken apart and painted but I myself don't have any evidence of that either way. 

Ah. Now that's an important piece of info I haven't seen. Will have to wait and see what the G&G response is.

Here is the pic of the inside of the grip. That looks like a plastic too brittle problem to me but I dont really know. the fact its blown out like that around where I assume the bolt was 

453314522_929689515869859_1533155713558419222_n.jpg

Edited by HuttArmouries

14 minutes ago, Airsoft World said:

For the record: There are other LevAR rifles that have had the same issue, so it’s not restricted to the one dealer and only one of the three rifles that ‘exploded’ was two tone painted. We rarely dismantle guns for two toning as was the case with this one. So just to clarify; none of the three rifles we sold were tampered with or altered in any way, other than one, which was simply masked and spray painted.

We also received a response from G&G later today (Sunday) telling us that they knew of this issue last week. They also asked us to remove our Facebook post, which we obviously refused to do. So, have a think about what’s happened here please as these are the facts, which is very important. 

Ok. Thanks very much for the clarification. I believe one of the people who reposted your facebook post stated that it was only guns you have modified which is clearly incorrect then.  Id certainly believe it was a design issue. That grip should not have shattered like that. That break does not look right for decent quality polymer. 

Added an edit to my previous for anyone reading through this post later. 

Edited by HuttArmouries

Damn. Hopefully it's only a small batch that are identified to be suffering from this. Can you imagine if all of the RIFs are all prone to this same failure?

We agree. The grip is too brittle and should be either more flexible (nylon or polypropylene) or a rigid engineering polymer like Delrin. Or a decent metal/alloy. 

It is obvious that the stresses on the bolt that secures the grip is vastly increased with the weight and leverage physics of the stock and possibly the longer upper on the 15” model. There has been no reports of the shorty failing at all, which backs this theory.

All three of our failed rifles were on green gas. The first one we filled, the other two verified by the customers, who we know and trust. Plus there were witnesses who confirmed…

We did have the foresight to quadruple check all avenues before broadcasting such a damning post. We have no desire for being sued by G&G for one. Secondly, we now have 59 rifles to micro-manage towards a solution. 
Fun days!

Hey folks, 

Thanks @Airsoft World/ @airsoftworldfor spotlighting the issue!

Having had a LEVAR in bits today to source the location of a gas leak, and then spotting the post on Facebook - I am curious if this is a pressure issue whereby the stresses on the pistol grip does cause the single bolt to loosen, making the seal to the inlet nozzle at the top of the grip to loose its seating. 

Without that seal and correct seating of the gas inlet nozzle, is there a possibility for gas to migrate into the cavity between the metal gas chamber and the plastic outer grip case - I cant imagine that tiny volume handling 120+ PSI!

Best of luck with the issues, and hopefully G&G issue some guidance soon!

• Supporters
On 24/04/2024 at 08:15, Skullchewer said:

I really want one, but I'm going to wait for some reviews. 

Well, that strategy was more solid than the guns.  Particularly disappointing as G&G were actually praised for their plastics, even on the basic Raiders.

Good on AirsoftWorld for getting out ahead of it, and especially for keeping the Facebook post up: hopefully it's resolved to everybody's satisfaction.

Not as big a problem as the above, but a LevAR user on Sunday was a little unhappy with it having so many mag release buttons and their placement, all too easy to accidentally press and drop the mag on the floor in the heat of battle.

On 28/07/2024 at 18:27, Impulse said:

Never buy gen 1 😂

Yep.  Motorcycles, airguns, boilers(!), PCs, literally anything these days uses the Gen 1 buyers as the R&D department!

Latest from airsoft world's faceache page

Update to G&G LevAR situation:
G&G has confirmed there is a problem with the pistol grip design and has tested and replicated the same failure at G&G HQ with the 15" LevAR. They are working on a solution as I type which will rapidly be deployed to all current owners and dealers.

For those of you that have not followed yesterdays post, we confirm that ONLY the 15" version has failed in this way. The additional stress forces of the stock being attached to the grip (and possibly the longer upper receiver) is what is causing the grip to crack at the point where the bolt secures the grip to the lower receiver. If the rifle is gassed, the gas pressure then expands the crack, ending in an explosive breakage. In other words, the grip blows off the receiver - pardon the expression.

So don't sweat it guys and gals, these things do happen on occasion and in this case, it's being approached with a rapid solution. The positive side of this incident is this was discovered and reported literally hours before the main shipments left the G&G factory, so we have helped to avoid a massive global recall situation, which would have taken far longer to resolve and incurred huge costs.

Vive La LevAR! Or whatever 😛 Hmmm, I feel an airsoft patch coming...