How to attract new players to Airsoft?

40 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

I think the health aspect is a really good point. Certainly makes cardio exercise much more fun.

Awe, MANNNNN!

You've just ruined airsoft for me now, no one said it was exercise.

Edited by gavinkempsell

3 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

Awe, MANNNNN!

You've just ruined aisoft for me now, no one said it was exercise.

Not the way I do it 😉

4 hours ago, Reef said:

I'm not playing airsoft with my son to train him to be a killer,

it's just an added bonus that will reap the rewards when civilisation falls.

37 minutes ago, ParHunter said:

Last month my son managed to recruit 6 other boy soldiers from his year group. Let’s see how many will join us for the next skirmish.

My son and I have also tried a number of things. My daughter and wife have football so we needed something to do while there off on a Sunday morning.

I see you’re local to me, maybe we’ll bump into each other at Dogtag.

20 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

I was hoping it would make my son realise that in the army you only get shot once.....compared to how many respawns he had to do on a typical skirmish day.

Don't mind him signing up to learn a skill/trade and serving that way.  I don't want him being Cannon fodder for whatever cnut has managed to persuade an alarmingly small proportion of the population to put them in power....when was the last truly justifiable armed conflict we were involved in (outside of local peacekeeping)?  The Falklands....  maybe the first Gulf War (the first part liberating Kuwait).

No criticism of those serving....it's the ones hiding behind their power I despise for taking advantages.

Eh cannon haha 😜 I prefer meat sandbag!!

4 hours ago, Tackle said:

It actually happened at a game I attended, richborough power station, wasn't impressed, she had a spotty arse🤢

I saw the footage, she really was rough

One of the sites up here (Area 66) does regular kids days

Its parents & kids and allows the younger than average attendees to see what their dads get up to on the Sundays they vanish and come back fuckered and bruised.

It does seem to be very popular, normally run on a sat with 40+ in attendance.

I think it’s a great thing!

My father tried hard to get me to enjoy his hobby of fly fishing, which I just didn’t have the patience or finesse for

Then it was air guns & motorcycles…..

On 05/03/2024 at 21:30, Dan Robinson said:

I was hoping it would make my son realise that in the army you only get shot once.....compared to how many respawns he had to do on a typical skirmish day.

Don't mind him signing up to learn a skill/trade and serving that way.  I don't want him being Cannon fodder for whatever cnut has managed to persuade an alarmingly small proportion of the population to put them in power....when was the last truly justifiable armed conflict we were involved in (outside of local peacekeeping)?  The Falklands....  maybe the first Gulf War (the first part liberating Kuwait).

No criticism of those serving....it's the ones hiding behind their power I despise for taking advantages.

As they say, war never solved anything, except slavery, genocide, naziism, fascism, and terrorism...

Theres a huge culteral shift in young people these days. As a kid, nearly every lad at school had an air rifle or airsoft gun at home. People would talk about the military at school and half the lads I knew had aspirations to join the military. Now theres not a huge interest in the military for a number of reasons (mostly they know its a lot of work for little pay) and people just dont have the desire for it. I think this goes hand in hand with airsoft and most people outside of the sport see it as an old mans game outside of their own interests. 

As for changing that i do think social media influence is the only way to reach younger people. There more youtubers (licking spunkstain excluded) that can post content that appeals to younger people the better. Kids now just want to play call of duty and sit around, so if more content was to reach younger audiences showing exciting gameplay then i think more people would play.

You generally want social media if you want to reach out to the youth of today. The problem is Airsoft is ran by old men whose idea of social media is Facebook (and I say that as someone who probably falls on the "old" side of the young/old divide in Airsoft by now!). The second problem is the current trendy platforms for younger audiences (like Instagram and Tiktok) are extremely hostile to Airsoft: accounts get banned regularly for showing airsoft guns on them.

In terms of actual actionable ideas, reaching out to groups that contain youngsters that might be interested would be the way to go. Chat to the local Cadet Forces and local Airsoft sites and see if you can't get a Cadet day going, for example. Buy a billboard ad on a road the kids use to go from school or college to the local cuisine vendors at lunch time. Rent a stall at your local Fresher's Fair. Chance your luck on Instagram with buying a targeted ad and hope Insta doesn't ban you for it.

Edited by Poach

1 hour ago, Poach said:

...In terms of actual actionable ideas, reaching out to groups that contain youngsters that might be interested would be the way to go. Chat to the local Cadet Forces and local Airsoft sites and see if you can't get a Cadet day going, for example. Buy a billboard ad on a road the kids use to go from school or college to the local cuisine vendors at lunch time. Rent a stall at your local Fresher's Fair. Chance your luck on Instagram with buying a targeted ad and hope Insta doesn't ban you for it.

Specifically targeting youngsters with ads will land you in hot water with the lefties saying that you're trying to radicalise them and indoctrinate violent behaviour.

Anything gun shaped is a no in today's society.

Ads would have to emphasise the camaraderie and team building but avoid showing the 'toys'

Edited by EDcase

22 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Specifically targeting youngsters with ads will land you in hot water with the lefties saying that you're trying to radicalise them and indoctrinate violent behaviour.

Anything gun shaped is a no in today's society.

Ads would have to emphasise the camaraderie and team building but avoid showing the 'toys'

Fuck the lefties! If we pander to them, they win! Advertise how much fun running around the woods shooting your mates is. Advertise the buzz you get from a well placed shot that takes out an enemy player. Advertise all of the things that they, they lefties, hate.

1 hour ago, Poach said:

Chat to the local Cadet Forces and local Airsoft sites

TBH, this is the best idea IMO, a few years ago (ok, decades) as a teen in the ATC, we had an evening running around the local links with a capture the base gameplay, was great fun & OMG, having a usable firearm would have been awesome.

33 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

So lots of videos of eating bacon rolls and walking back to respawn....🤣🤣🤣

Show it as it is... honesty is the best policy.

Edited by gavinkempsell