Seems someone has found a way to make the VFC Gustav USEFUL!!!

Lozart

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

And there was much rejoicing.

185368849_5406612729411757_4614996187040204938_n.jpg.9ffce11ae79ac98c3d3afb406443fae7.jpg

I used a laughing emoji, but having blown it up (no pun intended), I've changed my mind & gone with a sad face, 'kin ell, is that his nose all split ?, looks like a pair of bollocks on his face😱

• Supporters

It wasn't as bad as it looks from that, but it knocked the lens clean out of his goggles.  This was from a Murcan milsim where he was roof gunning from a vehicle that could only be taken out with TAG rounds.  They were meant to be launched near it, not at it, but airsofters gonna airsoft.

9 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Exactly

These things are good fun, the only problem is people 

Peoples' faces to be specific 🤕 lol

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Notionally it's just yeeting TAG rounds like any other toob.  The reason I bring it up is that the video specifically talks about using sights to put a round on target, i.e. shooting as flat as possible, which is exactly what caused the injury shown.

It's literally like any other launcher. The video actually says that the iron sights are useless at giving enough elevation to get any useful range but that the sight mount will which again, is no different than any other launcher.

• Supporters

As someone who was both at the event in question, and just a few dozen meters from that dude, it was a bit different than that. First, it was a Taginn Paladin chalk round - a round that IMO should never be shot at personnel. Second, he was either the gunner or in the door of the vic - vics are absolutely allowed to be direct impacted, and it’s recommended as a non-explosive round doesn’t have a kill radius and it’s far harder to land a round within 3m of a vic than it is to actually hit one. Third, the hit was hard enough to destroy his eyepro. Fourth, he was a real trooper and after getting cleaned up, went to the on-site store, bought himself a new pair of eyepro, and got back in the game. It was Op Stonebreaker 2021 or 22. That was the last Op I went to before getting ASFPUK or DMFP masks for some added face protection after seeing that hit. I’ve taken direct impacts from the explosive Taginns and they aren’t too bad - though I wouldn’t want the frag on bare skin. Heres a pic from the event; Im on the left with the Tropentarn , helmet, and TK45c.

29E9B1E8-AD37-4EF0-9641-CF98EFAE98B6.thumb.jpeg.eb25887d60970dcb406bacdaca7b86d0.jpeg

• Supporters

Outcome unclear: did you died?

7 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

a round that IMO should never be shot at personnel

... and yet ...

7 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

vics are absolutely allowed to be direct impacted, and it’s recommended as a non-explosive round doesn’t have a kill radius

Which is a huge failure of foresight, given that people are gunning out of them, or windows will be open.

Granted, there are plenty of other "shoulds" in airsoft that can result in injury if not followed, like removing eyepro in game, or lobbing BFGs at head height - which I've been on the receiving end of.

What makes TAGs special are that they're always carrying much, much more energy than anything else being shot, and that once you've pulled the trigger, there's plenty of time for things to change at your intended point of impact.  I'd nope out of any event that allows them.

54 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Outcome unclear: did you died?

... and yet ...

Which is a huge failure of foresight, given that people are gunning out of them, or windows will be open.

Granted, there are plenty of other "shoulds" in airsoft that can result in injury if not followed, like removing eyepro in game, or lobbing BFGs at head height - which I've been on the receiving end of.

What makes TAGs special are that they're always carrying much, much more energy than anything else being shot, and that once you've pulled the trigger, there's plenty of time for things to change at your intended point of impact.  I'd nope out of any event that allows them.

Several year ago, I was at a very badly run "milsim" where a player launched a TAG that hit an opposing player; the confrontation afterwards was interesting.  The whole event was an utter shit show and lots of us left early.

On 17/01/2024 at 09:31, Colin Allen said:

Several year ago, I was at a very badly run "milsim" where a player launched a TAG that hit an opposing player; the confrontation afterwards was interesting.  The whole event was an utter shit show and lots of us left early.

I remember that but when the footage came out from the team that got "hit" it actually showed the tag didnt hit him but landed several feet in front and he broke his scar stock under his armpit as he flinched 

These extended firing pins have been available from other shops for many months but EE obviously have a bigger audience 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.