Recommend me a 1911

Skullchewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you want something that works 10 months of the year and has parts availability, then anything Tokyo Marui 1911 based is the go to. Plastic slide to make up for the pathetic gas capacity is the way to go. 

Edited by Asomodai

18 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

So I'm putting together a new loadout, and thought I might pick up some flavour of 1911.

Been looking at the Cybergun Colt C02.

Thoughts?

Is it the KWC or newer Armorer Works one? I've had both and while they look the part and felt great in the hand, performance was somewhat lack-luster and the CO2 mags will leak sooner rather than later. Like anything though, depends on your expectations/requirements? Are you after a CQBeast or just a belt trinket?

My friend had a KJ Works 1911 which was decent. Worked with both green gas and CO2 depending on magazine used, so he ran green in the summer and CO2 when it got chilly.

Unsurprising that others are recommending them, TM tend to be the best in this regard, between realism and reliability, nothing else compares.

If you fancied a bit of a change, Elite Force do a 1911 TAC CO2 -- it's actually made by KWC, but EF handle the licensing, packaging, QA, etc. Solid, and CO2 gives it a decent blowback/kick.

Full-metal, the KWA M1911 NS2 P2P Mk IV works well - solid, gas-efficient, but a little pricey. Proprietary hop-up and bucking though, so you won't be swapping them out.

KJW KP07 M1911 deserves a mention -- MEU 1911 features, but as it's TM-spec parts, there are lots of options for swapping out or upgrading things. Not technically a TM, but a reasonable specced option out of the box, without TM pricing.

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

I already have two TM pistols, I feel like a change. 

Edit: no, I have three TM pistols. 

Narrator: "Having wanted reliability and finding nothing to compare, Skullchewer now has four TM pistols." 😁

59 minutes ago, Impulse said:

My friend had a KJ Works 1911 which was decent. Worked with both green gas and CO2 depending on magazine used, so he ran green in the summer and CO2 when it got chilly.

Alas the KJW will be a clone of the Tokyo Marui, so -- while decent enough (albeit missing the branding) -- I fear I may be too TM-like for @Skullchewer

Edited by TacticalWaifu

23 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

If you fancied a bit of a change, Elite Force do a 1911 TAC CO2 -- it's actually made by KWC, but EF handle the licensing, packaging, QA, etc. Solid, and CO2 gives it a decent blowback/kick.

I have one of those; there are far too many proprietary parts, including the hop unit and the hop rubber.  Airsoft Surgeon does an upgrade rubber but it is not particularly great.

The hop design is very poor and requires regular fettling to get it to hop BBs properly.

In the UK, they are generally branded as Cybergun and Milbro.

I would not recommend them.

3 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

I have one of those; there are far too many proprietary parts, including the hop unit and the hop rubber.  Airsoft Surgeon does an upgrade rubber but it is not particularly great.

The hop design is very poor and requires regular fettling to get it to hop BBs properly.

In the UK, they are generally branded as Cybergun and Milbro.

I would not recommend them.

Oooh, see this is exactly why I asked. 

Thanks, Colin. 

At the very least I'd recommend the newer "Cybergun" (Armorer Works). Unlike the KWC version you can get gas mags and fill them with powerful gas in the winter. The hop arm is made of something akin to tin foil though, so you'll need to play around with various options to get it to do what you want.

This is the one I went for:

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/cybergun-armorer-works-colt-1911-full-trademarks-2020-ver-airsoft-pistol-co2-version-41065-p.asp

Personally, I've found a Carrera 2S is all you need and generates so much grip you really don't need the 4S. Although the 4S is very popular as it's got the same wide-body as the turbo (minus the air intakes on the rear arches) and the continuous light-strip for easy identification.

oh, it says 1911 not 911 ... as you were 😉

18 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

At the very least I'd recommend the newer "Cybergun" (Armorer Works). Unlike the KWC version you can get gas mags and fill them with powerful gas in the winter. The hop arm is made of something akin to tin foil though, so you'll need to play around with various options to get it to do what you want.

This is the one I went for:

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/cybergun-armorer-works-colt-1911-full-trademarks-2020-ver-airsoft-pistol-co2-version-41065-p.asp

The same hop arm problem as the KWC version...hmm.  Is the hop wheel very loose as well?

Edited by Colin Allen

It's not the firmest. Annoyingly I've got both the Maple Leaf and Guarder Hop units and neither quite fit. Don't get me wrong, even stock it'll hop a 0.20 25M, which realistically is fine for most pistol type situations.

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

It's not the firmest. Annoyingly I've got both the Maple Leaf and Guarder Hop units and neither quite fit. Don't get me wrong, even stock it'll hop a 0.20 25M, which realistically is fine for most pistol type situations.

It sounds like it is the same gun under a different name.

A short length of spring glued into the hop unit so that one end pushes on the wheel stops the bugger moving.

1E1EF362-D77E-467F-9977-7D20530B0820.jpeg

Edited by Colin Allen
Added photo

Ive used a lot 1911s in the past. Pretty much the best options are TM or KJW co2.

I don't know if they're still around but secutor had some really nice co2 1911s called the rudis. they took KJWs co2 1911s, gave them a better coating and some cool cuts. I had the both the rudis II and magna (RMR) and they were great pistols until I sold them for a change.

KWC models are "ok". They look and sound cool, shoot ok, but their build quality is crap. Bad tolerances, insane slide gaps and rattle, and co2 mags close their seal often. 

ICS have their PRS korth or BLE vulture as it is called now. Takes 1911 style mags, probably co2 ones too because of the enlraged magwell. the PRS korth was dog doodoo through and through. The ble vulture seems to be an improved version but I have not played with that one so I cannot say.

King arms made 1911s in the past with their predator series which have room for co2 mags. Had one, wasn't good, never saw one again.

VFC have their 1911 kimber but doesn't seem to be well received...

• Supporters
11 hours ago, BenJackson said:

If you want a monster of a 1911, but you're okay knowing your paying A LOT more for build quality as opposed to performance, look for an Inokatsu 

FTFY

Completely TM compatible too!

17 hours ago, BenJackson said:

If you want a monster of a 1911, but you're okay knowing your paying more for build quality as opposed to performance, look for an Inokatsu 

museum.gif

17 hours ago, TacticalWaifu said:

ITT:

@Skullchewer
Recommend me a 1911.

Everyone:
TM are great.

@Skullchewer
I already have two TM's... make that three.

Everyone:

TM are still the best though...

loki-facepalm.gif

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.