Jump to content
Airsoft Forums UK

King Arms L1A1


Colin Allen
 Share

Recommended Posts

A few days ago I emailed King Arms about a possible release date for their L1A1.  Their response is: "L1A1 will be restock about the end of 2023."

Hopefully, this will actually happen.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

I still have one of the original batch from 2008 . King arms have been promising a re-release every year since 

Indeed; we will see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Fire Support has the Ares in if you are desperate

I have the Ares, which is why I want the King Arms one. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well they at least had one at their stand at the IWA show, according to some videos. I'm not too optimistic as to their time-frame. Would be nice to be surprised as waiting since 2019  myself and others a lot longer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DerDer said:

Well they at least had one at their stand at the IWA show, according to some videos. I'm not too optimistic as to their time-frame. Would be nice to be surprised as waiting since 2019  myself and others a lot longer.

They did indeed, which is what led me to email them.  Hopefully, this will be the year that they actually deliver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

They've been saying that since before covid. 

 

Now I love my king arms L1A1. 

And after also owning the ares one too, the king arms is alot more compatible with real parts. 

 

Plus if your a stickler for realism. The ares has lots of serial numbers all over the body, and they're all wrong.... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wish another company would give a FAL type a go. At this stage think I might sink the funds I have set aside for the KA into a DCA L7A2. October/November seems a short wait compared to King Arms' generic "end of 2023".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporters
2 hours ago, DerDer said:

Wish another company would give a FAL type a go. 

Yep, come on JG, get yer finger out, your already half way there with the FAL, surely its just cosmetics to work on ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/03/2023 at 07:42, Colin Allen said:

I have the Ares, which is why I want the King Arms one. 😀

One of the larpsoft groups I'm in has a "tech" that refuses to touch Ares guns. Ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

One of the larpsoft groups I'm in has a "tech" that refuses to touch Ares guns. Ever.


My mate had to beg Negative to work on his Ares recently

tbf, I got to try it out after he dropped almost £500 on it getting sorted!

Shoots a dream, I’d expect nothing less!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

One of the larpsoft groups I'm in has a "tech" that refuses to touch Ares guns. Ever.

Having spent a lot of time working on the L1A1 over the years, I don't blame him.  My latest adventure was reshaping an SHS steel V3 COL to match the slightly "off" profile of the soft cheese Ares one; that was fun.

2 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:


My mate had to beg Negative to work on his Ares recently

tbf, I got to try it out after he dropped almost £500 on it getting sorted!

Shoots a dream, I’d expect nothing less!

 

£500?  Bloody hell!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/04/2023 at 07:02, DerDer said:

Wish another company would give a FAL type a go. At this stage think I might sink the funds I have set aside for the KA into a DCA L7A2. October/November seems a short wait compared to King Arms' generic "end of 2023".

VFC GBBR FAL is excellent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

VFC GBBR FAL is excellent

Fair point. Should have specified a FAL Aeg. By all accounts the VFC is a lovely piece of kit. The same company have a DX version due for release this year. Which of course will be out before any King Arm's FAL/L1A1 offerings in all likelihood. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/04/2023 at 07:02, DerDer said:

Wish another company would give a FAL type a go. At this stage think I might sink the funds I have set aside for the KA into a DCA L7A2. October/November seems a short wait compared to King Arms' generic "end of 2023".

20200515_103909.thumb.jpg.c5fa1da9488ff19bfd7887d18b26105f.jpg

I have a "vintage" Classic Army DSA58 Carbine. Replaced the gears after the spur  shredded, but a nice gun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2023 at 06:29, Colin Allen said:

A few days ago I emailed King Arms about a possible release date for their L1A1.  Their response is: "L1A1 will be restock about the end of 2023."

Hopefully, this will actually happen.
 


Also sent them an email yesterday and got this reply.

 

Due to schedule delay , FAL/L1A1 still haven’t restock yet. We don’t have any production time in this moment, sorry.”

 

So yeah as per most of the last decade at this point, I wouldn’t rely on this showing up again any time soon….

Edited by Armo1000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Armo1000 said:


Also sent them an email yesterday and got this reply.

 

Due to schedule delay , FAL/L1A1 still haven’t restock yet. We don’t have any production time in this moment, sorry.”

 

So yeah as per most of the last decade at this point, I wouldn’t rely on this showing up again any time soon….

It's like Real Sword except King Arms do still make something at least

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

It's like Real Sword except King Arms do still make something at least

Quite right. Unfortunately what they seem to make these days according to their social media is PCCs, revolvers and M1/2 carbines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DerDer said:

Quite right. Unfortunately what they seem to make these days according to their social media is PCCs, revolvers and M1/2 carbines.

 
Everything but the one replica people have been asking for years to come back. Might just have to accept this and finally get an Ares….

Edited by Armo1000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/05/2023 at 15:37, Armo1000 said:

 
Everything but the one replica people have been asking for years to come back. Might just have to accept this and finally get an Ares….

If you don't currently have a permanent airsoft repair bench, set one up before you get the Ares version.  However, I do have to say that Negative Luke is overly critical of it and, in some areas, wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...