Only airsoft/ combat UK.

Vet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well my past experience with this store has been favourable, but then they were taking my money. 

Today's experience has now left me gob smacked at their total lack of professionalism and customer skills. 

A friend has had a faulty pew since purchase and for the last 9months they have given him numerous tales of why its not been fixed. Today he found out they can't fix it and refuse to exchange or refund him. Now where do I come in....Well I was there as moral support and witness. When the manager was asked about the pew and the options to available to him. The manager ended up telling us to leave the shop or he'd call the police and have us forcibly removed. 

Now I've personally spent a few grand instore and to be treated such is appalling. We are not the only customers to be treated this way.  So be aware before spending money cos any issue you have will not be resolved. 

Edited by Vet

Whilst I feel for “your friend” I also feel like there is more to the story than you’ve explained , threats of removal by police by retailers don’t usually come out of thin air . Was “your friend “ getting aggressive over the situation ? 

Jim, no there was no aggression or even frustration shown. Just stood talking. Plus im too old to be aggressive its a waste of time. 

Hi @Vet

Yes it does seem a strange attitude for the manager to adopt.

if the gun was faulty from new and the purchaser hadn't messed with it then the shop is obliged to repair,refund or replace. 

I can't help but think there is more to this.🤔

regards 

Well that clears that up.i think we all knew there was more to this than op said.

Good job on replying an setting the record straight👍

One thing though. Why did you let him use the wrong gas?

Regards 

Ultimately what a customer does with there own belongings is upto them.

We have all run hotter gas in our GBBs, higher volt batteries in our AEGs etc, we know there will be accelerated wear but it’s our choice.

It’s not upto a retailer to stand by a warranty on a product that has been knowingly used outside of the design.

22 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Well that clears that up.i think we all knew there was more to this than op said.

Good job on replying an setting the record straight👍

One thing though. Why did you let him use the wrong gas?

Regards 

Not our place to tell customers what they can and can't do with there own product we are only here to advise 

Edited by EdwardLeo123
Spelling error

@Vetso I guess you have seen the reply from the store giving their side of the story.

Sound about right?

Makes sense to me bud.☹️

I think you have had your day at that store.

It's fine to complain about something and I'm all for consumers rights but you have to make sure the reasons for complaint don't lie partially at your feet🤔

Regards 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EdwardLeo123 said:

Thank you Rogerborg for bring this to our attention.

No problem, we often get folk signing up just to air a grievance, and it almost always turns out that there's another, and very different, side to the story.

(I mean, except when it concerns Stephen Glennie)

On 11/06/2022 at 15:45, Vet said:

Well my past experience with this store has been favourable, but then they were taking my money. 

Today's experience has now left me gob smacked at their total lack of professionalism and customer skills. 

A friend has had a faulty pew since purchase and for the last 9months they have given him numerous tales of why its not been fixed. Today he found out they can't fix it and refuse to exchange or refund him. Now where do I come in....Well I was there as moral support and witness. When the manager was asked about the pew and the options to available to him. The manager ended up telling us to leave the shop or he'd call the police and have us forcibly removed. 

Now I've personally spent a few grand instore and to be treated such is appalling. We are not the only customers to be treated this way.  So be aware before spending money cos any issue you have will not be resolved. 

God loves a trier don't they, them lads are spot on as is the owner, they bend over backwards to help people and to be fair seems like you received that same good level of service, now you've gone in used there bbs and gas to keep spanking mags through a gun you couldn't afford,so had to pay it off!!!maybe buy a gun suited to your budget and one you can leave with on the day. So an issue has occurred because you've knowingly used o.p gas and now after all they've done for you your going to slate them allover the Internet. You my friend have made yourself look very silly. Anyways guys don't be put off buy combat uk there top guys!!!

I have been a loyal customer for years spending thousands of pounds with them. I have always been absolutely satisfied with the customer service I have received. l have seen that when I have had any problem them have gone above and beyond to fix it. Clearly they have tried doing this for you. It's things like this that ruin our great hobbie for the people who serve us in the retail industry.

I've been going to this store for years and returned stuff that was faulty with no problems or complaints, sounds like to me this guy bought a gun used it broke it and tried to get his money back, my advise is to suck it up and stop being a moany old bich man up and admit that this time the scam didn't work, don't like the way a shop operates buy somewhere else as I'm sure no shop would want your business. 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Although three new accounts registering just to nosh off the business is equally as suspicious. 🙄

LOL, I spotted that too, his mum will be on later to tell us what a good boy he is 🤣

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Although three new accounts registering just to nosh off the business is equally as suspicious. 🙄

Well you can take it from a not so new account that all 3 of those new accounts matches my experiences with only airsoft.

Very friendly staff and I have always had a laugh with them whenever I go in store.  Most of my aisoft arsenal has been purchased through their shop, and I will happily continue shopping with them.

I had an issue with the WA2000 I bought from them where the bolt jammed as i tried to cock it.  Took the gun back to them and they had it fixed within 2 weeks.

I have been shopping with them for the past 2 ½ years since I started airsoft, and my brother has been using them for even longer

Edited by Spartan09
Add how long I have been shopping paragraph

@EdwardLeo123as I said I was there as moral support and to make sure he wasn't aggressive with staff. So yes show the footage please. So all can see how aggressive we were. 

No my mum won't be on to say I'm a good boy she's dead 😂. Plus I'm 52. So beyond getting stroppy with staff I was actually speaking to keyring about 40k horus heresy. 

Post the footage. 

I have nonidea about what gas he used or how often he was in the range. I was and am only concerned with my treatment, a 3rd party that was just stood there and not directly involved. 

I have no issue personally just to the treatment I recieved. As I said a friend purchased the gun, not me. As soon as I was aware of the request to leave I left. Tbh wasn't sure it was even made to me.

Edited by Vet

On 12/06/2022 at 13:33, Shamal said:

@Vetso I guess you have seen the reply from the store giving their side of the story.

Sound about right?

Makes sense to me bud.☹️

I think you have had your day at that store.

It's fine to complain about something and I'm all for consumers rights but you have to make sure the reasons for complaint don't lie partially at your feet🤔

Regards 

@shamal I wasn't the customer I was there as a friend. I only said the way I was treated, how disappointed I was. Not my pew. So I've not been directly involved. So no no blame at my feet.

@shamal I wasn't the customer I was there as a friend. I only said the way I was treated, how disappointed I was. Not my pew. So I've not been directly involved. So no no blame at my feet.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Vet said:

@EdwardLeo123as I said I was there as moral support and to make sure he wasn't aggressive with staff. So yes show the footage please. So all can see how aggressive we were. 

No my mum won't be on to say I'm a good boy she's dead 😂. Plus I'm 52. So beyond getting stroppy with staff I was actually speaking to keyring about 40k horus heresy. 

Post the footage. 

I have nonidea about what gas he used or how often he was in the range. I was and am only concerned with my treatment, a 3rd party that was just stood there and not directly involved. 

LOL, I meant the retailers mum. 

To be honest it sounds like your friend may have mislead you with his use (& misuse) of the gun in question, & he most definitely abused the shops already easy-going nature, including its very flexible terms it offers. 

Thanks to him im sure the shop will now be forced to reevaluate its terms to ensure this situation doesn't arise again, which will be a shame for the genuine punters. 

My one question for you @Vetis why did you end up signing up to badmouth the shop ?, as the full story has unfolded it's you that gets the flak, or at the very least, looked upon unfavourably, when in fact your mate deserves to have the piss ripped out of him 😏

46 minutes ago, Vet said:

Ok apologies if i got it wrong.

So you were there as moral support and to make sure your pal didn't get aggressive.

Were you expecting a ruckus then?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

indeed , sometimes it’s better to quit while your ahead lol 

Selling past the close, as they say.

On balance, I'm minded to believe the retailer and @Spartan09. It's just... a remarkable coincident that three new chums all decided to show up and sing their praises at the same time.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.