Only airsoft/ combat UK.

Vet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

@Tackle I posted as I was angry at being told to leave or police called. I've spent 1000s in store. All my tms and pistols most of my gear. So yeah I was angry and ranting. 

2 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Ok apologies if i got it wrong.

So you were there as moral support and to make sure your pal didn't get aggressive.

Were you expecting a ruckus then?

@Shamalno I wasn't expecting a ruckus, but due to mental health issues I was there to make sure he didn't. Just because he could doesnt mean he did. I guarantee he didn't. No one in store would ave felt threatened or uncomfortable. 

I can repeat the whole conversation if you like.

8 minutes ago, Vet said:

@Tackle I posted as I was angry at being told to leave or police called. I've spent 1000s in store. All my tms and pistols most of my gear. So yeah I was angry and ranting. 

@Shamalno I wasn't expecting a ruckus, but due to mental health issues I was there to make sure he didn't. Just because he could doesnt mean he did. I guarantee he didn't. No one in store would ave felt threatened or uncomfortable. 

I can repeat the whole conversation if you like.

No it's ok thanks.👍

Hopefully then your standing with the store could possibly be repaired?

Regards 

• Supporters

To be fair, circumstances leading up to the "showdown" sound like 6 of one & half a dozen of the other, Airsoft gats, even the top brands are notoriously fragile, I've had cheap s/h kit seemingly go on forever, & at least two brand new supposedly high end gats pack up on their first outing, so nothing is guaranteed. 

The shops policy of allowing customers to use guns before they've been paid for is a mistake, I've never heard of this kind of "service" for ANY retail products, at least not beyond an initial brief tryout to get the feel for something. 

To the same degree, if your mate did use their facilities as much as has been stated over an extended period, then I think he's been a naive in his approach, & put them in an untenable position, irrespective of some of the bs excuses they may have given previously, that just sounds like vying for time to get a resolution via wholesalers or manufacturer that didn't cost the retailer anything, but I suspect the time passed & unusual circumstances gave the manufacturers an easy "get out" 😏

Although this post is mainly focused on my experience at the shop on Saturday and I would’ve preferred it to remain so, given that most people have taken an interest in the broader story, regarding my friends experience at the shop (including the retailer themselves).  I thought it would be fair and reasonable to give you his side of the story.  

I initially saw and tried the gun in store and agreed with the shop to pay in a few instalment before I picked it up over a few weeks. During that time, I did go in and showed a family member the pew and tried it again on their range with 1 mag and their supplied green gas, which is the only gas they allow. It was then set aside until i could collect. I wasn’t looking for faults at that point and I trusted the shop that their wouldn’t be any.

I then collected the gun, but was unable to use it due to the some medical reasons. Once I was, I noticed some faults and I returned it to the shop in 19 days. I was sent a video showing that some of faults had been fixed but the bolt catch was still not locking back (which was the main issue). They then agreed to repair and order the required part (surely this is an admission that the gun was faulty).

I was initially told that a new part had been ordered and would arrive in a week. This was in October ‘21. I gave them until November and was told they were still waiting. This cycle continued until now (so around 9 months) and was given a range of excuses, including: Brexit (the part was coming from Hong Kong), the warehouse caught fire and then flooded, it was sent to the wrong place, was included in the wrong order, had not been packaged correctly and that the only way it was possible to get the part was if the manufacturer made the gun in full and took the part off it.

I was finally told in May, by their tech, that they actually could not get the part and had exhausted all avenues. It was at that point I decided it would be best for me to ask for a refund, as a repair was not possible.

I went to shop a few times after that to resolve this, but as the manger was not there I agreed to go back another time. This led to what happened on Saturday.

On Saturday, I went to the shop with Vet and asked the manager to confirm they could not repair, which he did, and I then asked for the refund. At this point I was told they would not refund, would not exchange and could not repair. We were asked to either drop the matter or leave, otherwise they would call the police (bear in mind they still have my pew and my money.) I have been told by Trading Standards that this is not acceptable.

I have only ever seen him being polite and civil (if occasionally frustrated) in his exchanges with the management and never with the staff, who did nothing but try to help.

I will allow others to form their opinions and hopefully this gives a more full account of what’s happened.

It's a WE honey badger gbb

6 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:
17 minutes ago, Vet said:

It's a WE honey badger gbb

Well that’s quite an easy fix I believe. You said the bolt catch isn’t working?

The WE bolt catch always fails. The easiest and most probable fix is to put the thinnest aeg gearbox shim either side of the bolt lock pin!!

remove the pin, put a small amount of grease either side of the hole on the bolt lock place a shim each side over the hole, and carefully slide the bolt catch back into position then simply slide the pin back in. Job done. 
the shims stop lateral movement making the bolt catch only move up and down. This is a must mod on ALL WE m4 style platforms. 
the shop probably didn’t know this. If the catch is broke then a new one is like £15 or summit from milspec solutions dude. 

Yeah I know, he had an independent tech say the same and even sourced the part in 5mins. So that makes it even more surprising to me that they  couldnt. 

1 minute ago, Vet said:

Yeah I know, he had an independent tech say the same and even sourced the part in 5mins. So that makes it even more surprising to me that they  couldnt. 

Unfortunately no one knows everything about anything. 
Fix it and tell yer mate to move on. There is a saying “ don’t mix business with pleasure” and in airsoft this definitely applies. I know. 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Vet said:

Yeah I know, he had an independent tech say the same and even sourced the part in 5mins.

no I wasn't expecting a ruckus, but due to mental health issues I was there to make sure he didn't.

This time.

See, here's the thing.  When you drop in and drip feed a narrative like this, it can look like you're making it up as you go along, or deliberately withholding information just in order to sell your side of it.

I'm not saying that you are.  I'm saying what it looks like.

Either way, it's way too much drama over a cheap part and a common failure.  The only thing I've learned here is to really avoid WE GBBRs.

Roger, this post was about the way I was treated, the other stuff came about as the retailer replied after you informed him of my rant.

There is no "this time" he has never been aggressive.

Again I say please post the footage.

True WE gbbr avoid.

Life is all about perspective. OP feels him and his friend were mistreated, shop disagrees. Most seem to have had a positive experience with the retailer, so I think we can call objection, hearsay! on the original statement that "issues will not be resolved"

53 minutes ago, Vet said:

Roger, this post was about the way I was treated, the other stuff came about as the retailer replied after you informed him of my rant.

There is no "this time" he has never been aggressive.

Again I say please post the footage.

True WE gbbr avoid.

Nothing wrong with WE rifles bud. I have two that I skirmish with. Every gbbr has issues that need addressing. The ghk needs fps taming like WE..I’ve had to take a hammer to ghk bolt stop mech to make it work. Bolt deforms and needs re surfacing too. Unlike a WE. Buffer tubes and receivers crack unlike WE. Even TM mws need tweaking. And vfc, not exactly good to go out of box.   So….

🎵 I'm so dizzy,my head is spinning🎵😂😂

• Supporters

As @SBoardleysaid, fix it & move on, consider it a life lesson that you'll now know how to avoid in the future, next time you've got a wonky gat just stick a post on here & the extensive hive mind will quickly offer you a solution 😁.

As for the retailer, they've clearly got a good reputation MOST of the time, so mudslinging isn't going to resolve anything. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.