Is it time?

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

37 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

s. my son's chosen a username for himself and I can't stop laughing.... He's Sonofsonofsammo 

That is absolute class.

And you know you won’t be getting rid of me buddy, I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE 😱

5 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Can recommend practical mini rifle shooting if you haven’t already done it.

Funny you should mention that  I've done the course. And I've got a vector... There's just nowhere near me that does it 😔

Very nice, I looked at a couple of models at the weekend. I think however I will go for the stribog 12” because much as I love the looks of the vector the controls are just too different compared to my tippman. 

I see what you mean about Selby and a lack of competitions, you always have Carlisle and northants on the NRA/ukpsa circuit. And yeaveley is worth a visit for speed steels

• Supporters
3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I think the time has come to hang up my hat. 
My last game was supposed to be a test, to see if I enjoyed playing any more, as I've been moving more toward real firearms recently.

Something of a mixed result came of it! The little I played, I enjoyed. But truth be told, I'm old, fat and knackered and in my current state, as demonstrated by my accident, I'm a bit of a fucking liability. If I'd been fitter, not sure I would have fallen. But who knows?
I'm going to stick around, as I like the banter, and you never know, there may be that one gun that comes up that persuades me that I really need to shoot someone with it!
My enormous thanks to everyone who has helped, advised and taken the piss over the last few years. Particular thanks to @rocketdogbert, without whom I would undoubtedly have not bought as many guns 😄
The only thing for me to do is pull my finger out and stick everything that's left up for sale. But fuck me, what a ball ache! I frigging hate selling stuff. That's possibly why I've not admitted defeat before - can't face the bear pit of the classifieds.
SoS

p.s. my son's chosen a username for himself and I can't stop laughing.... He's Sonofsonofsammo 🤣

Being currently knackered myself through health issues I can totally see the reasoning behind your sad decision , but as long as your still loitering around the sport chucking out the odd insult and comment life’s still good’ish ? 👍

As someone who stopped playing in 2010 and is trying to get back into it... Don't sell everything!

I thought I was done with it but I caught the bug again tail end of last year. Regret selling everything.
But wish you all the best regardless! 

Yeah, worth keeping a couple of favourites in case...

Sorry to hear but something else may come up to take all your time and money (not including a wife)

There's always collecting and plinking in the garden 😉

Edited by EDcase

Good luck whatever you do!  As Omega says above, keep a basic kit if you can. 

I gave up angling at about twelve only to get the bug seriously at 39!  I dug my gear out of my parents garage and really enjoyed myself.   Same with golf.  

You could always do milsim/filmsims as crew to stay pottering around the game.   

You may find psg a bit easier to find sites for than mini gun if it's a struggle,  but they don't let you wear camo!

18 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I dug my gear out of my parents garage and really enjoyed myself.   Same with GOLF.  

NOBODY admits to GOLF here dude 

FFS 🤦🏻‍♂️ LOL 😂😂

As has been said before, keep a couple of staples in storage….

You never know when you might need that little black dress 😉

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• Supporters

at the risk of suggesting something that has probably already been through your mind, but what about changing up your pace and style of play?

something like taking up sniper/dmr work with a more relaxed pace. don't get involved in attacking but instead focus on stealth and defending?

someone with the patience to sit in a bush and hold a flank or hang around the back lines plinking into the fray from afar is still a valuable team contribution, indeed many times have i been foiled by someone parked in a hedge sitting there like a sentient landmine.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

at the risk of suggesting something that has probably already been through your mind, but what about changing up your pace and style of play?

something like taking up sniper/dmr work with a more relaxed pace. don't get involved in attacking but instead focus on stealth and defending?

someone with the patience to sit in a bush and hold a flank or hang around the back lines plinking into the fray from afar is still a valuable team contribution, indeed many times have i been foiled by someone parked in a hedge sitting there like a sentient landmine.

Yeah, that's what I'd recommend. One of my friends has been marshalling for a while and he's now getting back into the game but he's getting on a bit and can't play like he used to. I've advised him to try running a sniper instead as the slow movements are great for keeping muscle tone and aren't nearly as hard on your body as playing normally is.

When I'm playing sniper normally and dress up like a bush (current playstyle not included because I'm a young'n and I'm trying to lose weight), I have some games where I don't move all game. I leave respawn, take up an overwatch position and just remain completely still for the whole game. Sometimes I get loads of action, sometimes I get barely any, it just depends on if people use the area I'm overwatching. It's a fun way to contribute if you feel like your body can't keep up any more.

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

2 hours ago, Impulse said:

Yeah, that's what I'd recommend. One of my friends has been marshalling for a while and he's now getting back into the game but he's getting on a bit and can't play like he used to. I've advised him to try running a sniper instead as the slow movements are great for keeping muscle tone and aren't nearly as hard on your body as playing normally is.

When I'm playing sniper normally and dress up like a bush (current playstyle not included because I'm a young'n and I'm trying to lose weight), I have some games where I don't move all game. I leave respawn, take up an overwatch position and just remain completely still for the whole game. Sometimes I get loads of action, sometimes I get barely any, it just depends on if people use the area I'm overwatching. It's a fun way to contribute if you feel like your body can't keep up any more.

Errrrr.... I already play as a sniper lol (out is that played?).

Accident/running were due to location of respawn and proximity to enemy. Normally I don't go near em!

Sorry to hear that mate, was good to meet you the few times at kill House and proving Grounds. Must admit I'm only getting out a few times a year now.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Errrrr.... I already play as a sniper lol (out is that played?).

Accident/running were due to location of respawn and proximity to enemy. Normally I don't go near em!

Ahh, my bad, im terrible at keeping track of names/post content :P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.