Jump to content

Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)


Recommended Posts

Although I got my first delivery I am still waiting for my second. The tracker still says it is due yesterday despite still being at SLH. Last scan was on the 26th. Hopefully yours will arrive soon.

 

Although we are all happy to see UPS finally delivering I will not forget how much of a cluster F this has been due to them. I really would like to order from TG again, as they have an item that is not available anywhere else, but I will not do business with them until they offer an alternative to UPS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that sounds like a complete Clusterfuck on UPS's part. I hope you get your order at some point.   It could be worse - around 20 years ago (around the dawn of internet shopping) my team

Source: https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7851/#:~:text=UK imports from the EU,2006 to 52% in 2019.

There will no doubt be a few weeks of disruption and then things will settle back down. After the economic upheaval of covid I dont really think Brexit is going to be too bad in the grand scheme of th

1 hour ago, Piman said:

Although I got my first delivery I am still waiting for my second. The tracker still says it is due yesterday despite still being at SLH. Last scan was on the 26th. Hopefully yours will arrive soon.

 

Although we are all happy to see UPS finally delivering I will not forget how much of a cluster F this has been due to them. I really would like to order from TG again, as they have an item that is not available anywhere else, but I will not do business with them until they offer an alternative to UPS.

 

 

Looks like some are on the move, Mine left SLH last night and im so buzzed now !! gutted its back holiday weekend otherwise it probably would've come tomorrow, im still hopeful that it may turn up today !! But im glad now its in Cardiff.

 

 

 

 

UPDATE Literally just updated lol haha (2 mins after posting this )

image_2021-04-01_110147.png

 

Edited by HarisonVlogs
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just watching the clock now until it hits 72 hours and I can raise a claim. It won't change anything from my side but it may nudge things along a bit.

 

Crap when the only thing to change is that it hasn't had a scan for a couple of days.

Screenshot_20210401-114532.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

Just come off the phone to UPS to a Italian sounding chap.

  • "I can see your parcel will be delivered tomorrow between 09:27 and 11:27am"
  • "But tomorrow is a bank holiday...do you mean tuesday?"
  • "Yes. You're correct. It will be delivered tomorrow"

 

Oh.......-kay then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been 7-8 days since my tracking number updated with anything new :(. Anyone else have this?

 

image.png.cdfd3312152c4d9037c77f89d9d43f16.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no joy for me.  Happy to see that others are making progress 👍image_2021-04-01_131135.thumb.png.15c18eb638c5b7b550d7a08cdc9f159e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I decied to email TG about whats happening with my order.

 

I had a reply pretty much just giving me tracking information that I already had from the UPS app.

 

Waited a few days as it was apparently out for delivery, then instead being delivered they treated it to another import scan.

 

Sent that information to TG, so ill see what they will say.

Edited by leadly
Spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

I found getting anything out of TG difficult until I dropped the phrase ‘I’d really rather avoid having to get PayPal involved if at all possible’ at the end of an email having not had a reply in 5 days from my first email to them.

 

Mines still marked as held in warehouse so I can’t say anything TG have done, assuming they’ve done anything, has had any effect... but that’s what I ended up needing to do to get something close to a useful response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Just come off the phone to UPS to a Italian sounding chap.

  • "I can see your parcel will be delivered tomorrow between 09:27 and 11:27am"
  • "But tomorrow is a bank holiday...do you mean tuesday?"
  • "Yes. You're correct. It will be delivered tomorrow"

 

Oh.......-kay then.

You've got Negative Airsoft's attention 😁

Screenshot_20210402-113619.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/04/2021 at 12:35, Asomodai said:

It's been 7-8 days since my tracking number updated with anything new :(. Anyone else have this?

 

image.png.cdfd3312152c4d9037c77f89d9d43f16.png

Welp.

 

20210402_164258.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Welp.

 

20210402_164258.jpg

Have you tried opening a claim through the UPS site? Others have found it helps and seems to kick UPS into action.

 

Mine is overdue as well but I can't raise a missing parcel claim. When I try I just get a message "cannot open a claim error code UPS:500".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Welp.

 

20210402_164258.jpg

I get these all the time at work, don’t hold any hope of getting any information if you do open a investigation. 
 

The amount of people here who have effectively lost money due to UPS, there must be some recourse. If TG aren’t/Can’t do anything who else can you speak to? Is there a trade body for shipping companies that can be written to? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters
23 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

The amount of people here who have effectively lost money due to UPS, there must be some recourse. If TG aren’t/Can’t do anything who else can you speak to? Is there a trade body for shipping companies that can be written to? 

 

i'm kinda hopeful that if people start having to pull paypal disputes with TG it'll maybe persuade them to offer another carrier.

 

whilst i don't like a reasonably decent retailer to have to take a hit like that it may well be the only way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

I get these all the time at work, don’t hold any hope of getting any information if you do open a investigation. 
 

The amount of people here who have effectively lost money due to UPS, there must be some recourse. If TG aren’t/Can’t do anything who else can you speak to? Is there a trade body for shipping companies that can be written to? 

 

Mine was from Gunfire just to make that clear! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

 

i'm kinda hopeful that if people start having to pull paypal disputes with TG it'll maybe persuade them to offer another carrier.

 

whilst i don't like a reasonably decent retailer to have to take a hit like that it may well be the only way.

 

That'll be my next course of action, largely because I don't think 'reasonably decent' is a fair summation of TG. Cheaper? Sure. But their customer service has been pretty attrocious, no response until the threat of PayPal disputes was presented and even then the response was about as useful as email that said 'Hi. Sincerely Taiwan Gun'.

 

Is the issue with the slow down with UPS? Yup. Have TG handled resolution well? Nope. I was less bothered when they'd stopped taking orders from the UK again because it, to me, demonstrated they were holding off until the shit show with 'wave 1' was largely sorted. Once they started taking orders again without having done so, that puts them on my naughty list. YMMV, but that's my take.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters
14 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

 

That'll be my next course of action, largely because I don't think 'reasonably decent' is a fair summation of TG. Cheaper? Sure. But their customer service has been pretty attrocious, no response until the threat of PayPal disputes was presented and even then the response was about as useful as email that said 'Hi. Sincerely Taiwan Gun'.

 

Is the issue with the slow down with UPS? Yup. Have TG handled resolution well? Nope. I was less bothered when they'd stopped taking orders from the UK again because it, to me, demonstrated they were holding off until the shit show with 'wave 1' was largely sorted. Once they started taking orders again without having done so, that puts them on my naughty list. YMMV, but that's my take.

 

it is a fair point, i've never had to deal with tg's customer service mostly due to assuming any foreign retailer to be a case of returns not being a practical option.

 

maybe "reasonably popular" would be a better term?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

 

it is a fair point, i've never had to deal with tg's customer service mostly due to assuming any foreign retailer to be a case of returns not being a practical option.

 

maybe "reasonably popular" would be a better term?

 

Aye, that's entirely fair... and that's not to say they're the worst I've ever dealt with (JK Army comfortably hold that crown).

 

As I was when I placed the order I'm still not overly arsed with how long it's going to take (even once we get the 'good to go' form councils I'll probably be holding off attending until I've had my vaccine), but the fact no one in the chain seems to have a clue what's going on is just irritating. That being largely where I land, the reason both UPS and TG are so hard to communicate with is because neither of them have any clue what's going on. I imagine someone in the chain of operations does, but they aren't the folks you'll be talking to. So I'm willing to acknowledge that not getting a response ultimately has the same result as getting a response, but not getting a response feels like significantly worse customer service than getting a response which doesn't say much of anything... if that makes any sense at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Supporters
16 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Aye, that's entirely fair... and that's not to say they're the worst I've ever dealt with (JK Army comfortably hold that crown).

 

for me it's ky airsoft, had to dispute with them after they didn't ship backorder items despite the whole range of said items being back in stock on their site.

 

they kept trying to get me to cancel the dispute (which i didn't do as paypal are very specific about no second tries) ended up having to go to paypal.

 

sadly i fear i may now be on their blacklist :(

 

18 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

As I was when I placed the order I'm still not overly arsed with how long it's going to take (even once we get the 'good to go' form councils I'll probably be holding off attending until I've had my vaccine), but the fact no one in the chain seems to have a clue what's going on is just irritating. That being largely where I land, the reason both UPS and TG are so hard to communicate with is because neither of them have any clue what's going on. I imagine someone in the chain of operations does, but they aren't the folks you'll be talking to. So I'm willing to acknowledge that not getting a response ultimately has the same result as getting a response, but not getting a response feels like significantly worse customer service than getting a response which doesn't say much of anything... if that makes any sense at all?

 

yeah, that was the sentiment i was trying to get at, this isn't TG's fault further than their choice of courier, but i reckon they're gonna be more responsive to the mass of complaints than UPS will given the relative size of the companies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GenuineGerman said:

I get these all the time at work, don’t hold any hope of getting any information if you do open a investigation. 
 

The amount of people here who have effectively lost money due to UPS, there must be some recourse. If TG aren’t/Can’t do anything who else can you speak to? Is there a trade body for shipping companies that can be written to? 

 

Just tried to open an investigation as UPS CS urged me to. Cant even open one as I get an error message everytime. Have emailed Gunfire to open a dispute. 

 

Its only a small order, but it includes 4 sets of 5 PPS shotgun shells which are so bloody difficult to get. I have a new XM26 that I have no idea it works as I haven't any shells for it!

Edited by Asomodai
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

 

Just tried to open an investigation as UPS CS urged me to. Cant even open one as I get an error message everytime. Have emailed Gunfire to open a dispute. 

 

Its only a small order, but it includes 4 sets of 5 PPS shotgun shells which are so bloody difficult to get. I have a new XM26 that I have no idea it works as I haven't any shells for it!

I do have sympathy for these retailers be it TG or Gunfire, I think when it’s in the ups system they can’t really do a lot however it doesn’t excuse be customer service.
 

My concern is that we have retailers and customers out of pocket here and UPS can’t/won’t be held accountable. It seems to me everyone loses apart from UPS 

Link to post
Share on other sites

GUYS GUYS GUYS

 

we have a new status?  what on earth does that mean

 

image.png.8836bf3a6d47f5fb962a24adf25fe264.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshot_20210403-174904.thumb.jpg.7c3fd01f328d3410d2a2e3e51a0f30a5.jpg

 

Snap! Plus another import scan for good measure!

 

Looks like mines been back dated because it was out for delivery on the 30th and 31th.

Edited by leadly
Link to post
Share on other sites

5b00f13a14d6f39732cf296b953d141c.png

Forgot to update myself on here !! I had received my parcel the other day however, I opened up disputes at both UPS & Taiwangun, After 30 days of the dispute being open not once did TG respons so Paypal refunded the amount of the Order (£180), however, I still dont now how I received it but  UPS Brokerage women told me if they were to request it back it would cost them £13 a day for everyday it was in storage plus shipping fee! She then explained because we are no longer in the EU the intercept parcel procedure doesn't work anymore so they will attempt delivery before sending it back !!!! however ???

 

Mine was even attempted to deliver! I was in all day, the day it was " out for delivery" I have a Ring doorbell that records 24/7, however not once did anyone knock my door/ring the bell that day. Then gets an update saying it at my local UPS Point which i thought wow !! lazy twats !! just cause i live up a hill like !

 

anyways, the lady also said on the phone that the hold up is 6-8 weeks and unfortunately she cant do anything about it , every parcel must be thoroughly checked, including batteries if not specified on the box with a Battey Label !!

 

Hope this helped :) if you need me , just drop me a message !!! And fingers crossed everyone gets theirs soon before Airsoft is back on!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having gone through this entire thread, I've been wondering, what do we think caused all this? Is this always going to be the case now? Have some people somehow miraculously escaped this issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...