Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
4 hours ago, kasaran said:

aaand now its....

Held in Warehouse

UPS is holding the cargo at a secure facility, pending instructions and agreement.

Ditto, mine changed to the same today too.

2 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

FYI, your postman hates you due to the placement of your letterbox 😄

So true. I tend to intercept him if I'm in to save him the bother of scrunching up the letters as my punishment. I'll be investing in a mailbox in the future!

2 hours ago, Piman said:

It might be for once that UPS are not telling lies when they say it is held up by customs. When you do open it let us know what state it is and how invasive the boarder force inspection has been. Did they just want to look at the box or have they been in there?

Yes. Off home in a bit so I'll let you know. Aside from the RIF I can't even remember what was in the bloody order it was so long ago.

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Ditto, mine changed to the same today too.

Wonder if our parcels are in the same batch?  Even if mines tg and yours gf.

I rang in. Apparently that means customs have them?

5 hours ago, kasaran said:

Wonder if our parcels are in the same batch?  Even if mines tg and yours gf.

I rang in. Apparently that means customs have them?

So I went through the parcel and whilst it's clear Border Force had a quick look at the contents based on all the Home Office tape that adorned the package.  The RIF and it's box and all the other bits I'd ordered were absolutely fine.  I don't even think the contents were taken out.  It looks like a quick look to confirm it was a RIF and then repackage up.  I suspect that you are right this was part of a batch that was pulled for examination, but this would have only happened once UPS had cleared them for import first, so I think it's safe to say most of the delay was down to UPS messing around with the paperwork.

UPS updated the tracking from an import scan in Stanford Le Hope to delivery, without any updates whatsoever.  So that confirms the tracking is completely worthless.  The parcel was delivered in a white transit van, so it looks like UPS are subcontracting delivery at the moment.  No brown van, which was good as UPS usually don't bother with delivery to my address and dump it at my local parcel collection point. 

Lessons learned, apart from don't use UPS?  Brokerage in the UK, if you can get hold of them, were actually reasonably helpful.  Customer Services were useless.  I managed this week to get hold of a girl in the UK in one of the brokerage teams and she actually emailed me back as promised, albeit it was clear she had limited ability to release the parcel.  I used the number below and it was good to get confirmation no more paperwork was required.  I rang just after 1400 and ended up getting through to someone in the UK in about 20 minutes.  I also have to say it's worth politely pestering TG, as I think the movement has only happened as they intervened. 

I forget who noted this on the thread (given it's so long), but it seems 6 weeks is the approximate import time for UPS, and my experience mirrors this. 

20210325_234757.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-26 005033.png

I've dropped TG an email this morning. Hopefully this will nudge things my way.

Happy to see things moving along for some of you. That is good news. However not much progress for me. I had been in touch with TG a while ago and they have been in touch with UPS and provided them with all the information they needed (despite the fact that I had provided that directly to UPS my self many weeks ago). Still no sign of any movement on either of my shipments. In fact one of them has seen no update in over a week and they have started an investigation with no results so far.

Again in seems to be luck if they manage to process your delivery or not. 

It is a real shame as there is another RIF that I would quite like and only available at TG but I will never use them until they offer another courier service other than UPS. Stock in the UK only seems to be getting worse.

8 minutes ago, Piman said:

Happy to see things moving along for some of you. That is good news. However not much progress for me. I had been in touch with TG a while ago and they have been in touch with UPS and provided them with all the information they needed (despite the fact that I had provided that directly to UPS my self many weeks ago). Still no sign of any movement on either of my shipments. In fact one of them has seen no update in over a week and they have started an investigation with no results so far.

Again in seems to be luck if they manage to process your delivery or not. 

It is a real shame as there is another RIF that I would quite like and only available at TG but I will never use them until they offer another courier service other than UPS. Stock in the UK only seems to be getting worse.

I genuinely had given up all hope for my parcel and was in the process of drafting my purchase dispute with PayPal. Honestly my shock yesterday when it turned up with no warning was palpable. My parcel also went dark for 2 weeks before they looked at it again.

As a reminder when was the posting date?

2 hours ago, RebelScum said:

As a reminder when was the posting date?

First was the 11th Feb, the second was 19th. Ordered as soon as TG has started taking UK orders again.

1 hour ago, Piman said:

First was the 11th Feb, the second was 19th. Ordered as soon as TG has started taking UK orders again.

OK.  About the same as me then.  I've PM'd you.

I ordered mine on the 10th of Feb and it shipped on the 11th. Tracking makes less and less sense by the day. Dipped into "awaiting clearance from customs" for the fourth time on Wednesday, back in the warehouse yesterday.

Seems like the warehouse scans are just an automated thing to prevent the 72 hour cut off for a lost parcel.

So I got through to the UPS Brokerage (Thank you RebelScum). They just confirmed my shipments are in customs inspection and they can't do anything until they are released. 

I see TG are now accepting orders to the UK again but it is still via UPS so no order from me

Yes I noticed they were taking UK orders again, maybe they're seeing movement of items getting delivered and issues resolved?

8 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

So how bad are the import fees? Are all paying over the odds vs ordering from UK?

Thanks.

Generally somewhere between 20-25% of the cost of your order plus £10-£15 'brokerage fee' (the nonsense couriers throw on there to take their slice). Mine worked out at bang on 23% of my total order (including postage), plus £11.50 brokerage. So about £50 extra on a £170 order, still saved well over £100 versus ordering the same in the UK. With the addition that some of the items I ordered aren't carried by any UK retailers (at least not that I could find). Mileage will vary based on what it is you're ordering of course.

11 minutes ago, GothicGhost said:

So how bad are the import fees? Are all paying over the odds vs ordering from UK?

Thanks.

My fees worked out at 28% of the total order. However, I would say its cheaper as you get more bang for your buck :)

Total Order was £180 (Fees were around £48)

My order was of MP5SD6 Blue (£108) 

MK23 Pistol (£23)

Mid Cap Mag x4 (£20)

3 point sling (£5)

Roughly that much, On patrol base the MP5SD6 Alone is £180, so by ordering from taiwangun i gained a pistol, mags and a sling!

The MK23 Pistol is £50 on PatrolBase, so you can say then instead i have the pistol £2 cheaper and gained mags (£12.99 on patrolbase each) and a 3 point sling (£15 each) for free?

I hope this helped ? 

Currently on the Phone to UPS and asked to forward me to UPS Brokerage but they are closed Saturday and Sunday, Just a note worth taking !!

My parcel, the operator said, has left the depot and is now in CARDIFF but then she said via clearing that it hasn't been released yet? so its still in Stanford Le Hope

she is confused herself and doesn't know what is happening

UPDATE: The operator has informed me that she has emailed the Brokerage to see what the current status of my parcel is, whether its still in the warehouse or has left already.

I will update you guys when I hear anything, but Just seems that the guys that have already received theirs must be lucky or where on the top of the pile ?! strange 

• Supporters

Not exactly related, but UPS/HMRC being crap:

Was sent some nylon kit to review last week, worth $119, get to customs and UPS tell me I need to pay £50.14 just in the 'government fees' part.  Real interesting interpretation of the VAT law, have e-mailed their brokerage, can't wait to see how long it takes to fight them on it.

Hello, I'm from the ROI and have ordered from Taiwangun. It's been seven days since I got the 3/4 email saying that my package is packed and awaiting UPS to pick it up and have received nothing past this. I'm kind of worried as it's over €400 worth of gear. Has anyone else here had issues ordering to the ROI?

On 27/03/2021 at 16:30, C.Mac said:

Hello, I'm from the ROI and have ordered from Taiwangun. It's been seven days since I got the 3/4 email saying that my package is packed and awaiting UPS to pick it up and have received nothing past this. I'm kind of worried as it's over €400 worth of gear. Has anyone else here had issues ordering to the ROI?

Can't speak for imports to the ROI, but reviews of UPS suggest that their performance across Europe is pretty awful at the moment.  There is a tale of woe online about some poor customer who was sent two parcels internally in Denmark and he received one parcel, whilst the other one ended up in the UK.  Go figure how that happened.

Whatever the truth expect a long wait if the experiences on the forum are anything to go by.

On 27/03/2021 at 15:11, TheFull9 said:

Not exactly related, but UPS/HMRC being crap:

Was sent some nylon kit to review last week, worth $119, get to customs and UPS tell me I need to pay £50.14 just in the 'government fees' part.  Real interesting interpretation of the VAT law, have e-mailed their brokerage, can't wait to see how long it takes to fight them on it.

That's pretty crazy,  I've been hit with 12% duty for gear before under the textiles tariffs, but that looks even more than that. Was the shipping cost expensive (tax calculated on that too) or perhaps someone assessed it with the dollar amount in pounds?

I had a work package that came in like that once, tax bill was calculated with the japanese Yen value in pounds.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.