Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Mine has updated in the last 45 minutes.

No longer is the delivery estimate Showing as yesterday.

Instead we have the rather ambiguous in transit 😅😐

eGv0NcH.jpg

3 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Mine has updated in the last 45 minutes.

No longer is the delivery estimate Showing as yesterday.

Instead we have the rather ambiguous in transit 😅😐

eGv0NcH.jpg

The humour of my post would have probably made more sense if I'd clarified I had another 'Import Scan' at 18:32 today... while still showing the scheduled delivery as yesterday morning. Truly a marvel of modern technology 😂.

Also had another scan this evening, but no closer to receiving anything it feels.Screenshot_20210316-203051_Chrome.thumb.jpg.89d0bc126d19c349baf97d75d9c49dfa.jpg

Seeing as we are comparing tales of woe, mine hasn't shifted since the 8th March and they can't even be bothered to scan it anymore.  I managed to get hold of someone in UPS brokerage today after 40 minutes of being on hold, to ask what was going on.  They said my package was being "held by Customs", giving the impression that it was nothing to do with UPS.  After challenging the agent as to what this actually meant and why tracking hadn't been updated as a result, I realised I was wasting my time, as it was clear they were just making it up as they went along and really couldn't be less interested in helping. 

Anyway, with parcels arriving with an 8-week in-country delay, I'll be looking at a delivery sometime in mid-April, if at all... 🙄  Still good news for everyone who managed to get a delivery this week.   

Screenshot 2021-03-16 220916.png

Looks like I'm in the same boat as everyone else then with another scan.

As has been summised by others in this tale of woe, 'Held by Customs' is a lot of horseshit as UPS act as the Customs agents, they are the ones holding it! It should read 'Not got round to calculating how much we are going to charge you yet'.  Similarly, 'In Transit' means 'Been bouncing around our warehouses waiting to be scanned yet again'.

Oh and I have it on good authority that UPS have zero access to the UKARA database, so it renders their Firearms Declaration form even more useless. 

For those who have the 'Waiting for docs' crap, I would suggest proactively emailing their Firearms form to their clearance department and including the Tracking Number.  Can't hurt at this stage.

Edited by EvilMonkee

As I face the prospect of weeks of 'import scan' every 3 days while it sits in London, I'd suggest avoiding looking at their twitter or other social media accounts.   It doesn't paint a good picture, its somewhat demoralising. 

I'm just going to watch my Paypal charge back timer, just in case (180 days I think?).  If people start pulling the money back from retailers due to UPS's incompetance then surely thats going to have an effect as to who they choose to deliver for them?  Also, I paid UPS's imports on Paypal, so I'll claim that too, that might make them squirm a little too.

• Supporters

The bit I don't get is that we all knew this was coming. I know that some of us made their purchases pre-January in a bid to avoid all this but were unlucky but seriously - who bought after Jan 1st and didn't think there'd be an issue?

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

The bit I don't get is that we all knew this was coming. I know that some of us made their purchases pre-January in a bid to avoid all this but were unlucky but seriously - who bought after Jan 1st and didn't think there'd be an issue?

I did get most of the stuff I wanted in before Jan. However when gunfire is the only place on the planet that genuinely has sets of 5 PPS Shell Ejecting Gas Shells at a reasonable price, I had no choice and ordered knowing of the UPS issues. 

Edit: I can either get 2 shells for £13 not including postage in the UK. Or (At the time of purchase) Or 5 shells for just over £18 taking into account import fees from Gunfire. It's a no brainer.

Edited by Asomodai

29 minutes ago, Lozart said:

ukara deadlines and lack of uk stockists... but thanks

Captain Hindsight (for reactions) - Album on Imgur

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, kasaran said:

ukara deadlines and lack of uk stockists... but thanks

Captain Hindsight (for reactions) - Album on Imgur

It's not hindsight if you knew it was going to happen

Smart GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

To be fair, it probably is a bit disingenuous to blame Brexit for the entire shitshow. UPS are doing FAR worse than anyone else it seems.

That's the issue. We expected some delays due to Brexit and I was fully aware of the additional charges.  However these excessive delays are all down to UPS and not BREXIT. No other courier service has anything like this issue.

After many calls with broken promises of call backs and updates I was given a direct email for updates. After several inquires not one response. The customer service is just a distraction technique without any ability to provide any help whatsoever. Although it is not their fault (UPS process and management are to blame) I could never work in a role where I was suppose to lie to and deceive customers.

James

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

I had a large order pre-Brexit, but there's always more stuff to buy right 🙂

I knew there would be some charges and wanted to test the water with a smallish order, to see what they amounted to.  I assumed there maybe a few days or maybe even a week extra in the shipping process, but I wasn't expecting a month+ with still no sign of anything happening.  On the plus side, it's opened my eyes to how poor UPS are and shall now actively avoid them, prior to this I had a perception that they were actually a good courier...

I've specifically avoided ordering from the continent, but my delivery is my 2021 Specna Delivery/Re-supply, which I wasn't aware I was getting until after the Brexpocalypse had happened :(

I'm interested to see if they charge import fees on something that - technically - has zero value.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I've specifically avoided ordering from the continent, but my delivery is my 2021 Specna Delivery/Re-supply, which I wasn't aware I was getting until after the Brexpocalypse had happened :(

I'm interested to see if they charge import fees on something that - technically - has zero value.

If they declare a zero value on the CN22 it should be fine. Won't stop UPS losing it for all eternity of course but there you go!

Likewise, I accept a certain degree of Brexit disruption, this however is 90% UPS induced shit.  Their internal processes and data transfer between depts is shocking.

From my dealing with UPS since Jan i have to say whilst some of it is brexit related UPS really weren't prepared internally to deal with the additional issue that happened. Ive have had 3 parcels in Barcelona for 3 weeks, 3 in Poland for a month,  2 for Ireland that never even left the UK but sat in East Mids for 2 weeks, Sweden, France, German, Belgium and Holland. All exports to distributors. The funny thing is some go through in 2 days and others don't which shows me its a UPS issue. We import plasma consumables from Holland and the US and at the moment i can get stuff out the US quicker (Fedex) than Holland (UPS). Useless Parcel Scrotums.

is there a point where we can en-masse go to stanford le hope and get our parcels?  i mean if they cant do the last leg of delivery...

14 minutes ago, kasaran said:

is there a point where we can en-masse go to stanford le hope and get our parcels?  i mean if they cant do the last leg of delivery...

I can just imagine the baying crowd of airsofters at the gate waiting to get in haha

I caved and phoned UPS.

After being passed around a few helpful (yet incredibly quiet) members of staff, I found one who could tell me what the (supposed) delay was.

It's being held because they are awaiting further instruction/payment from the Sender (in this case, Gunfire).

I wonder if it's the weight of the thing (17kg), and they haven't put enough Stamps on it :lol:

I’m looking to do an small order from Taiwan Guns, just magazines and some other bits, total value just over £140. Will it get processed or shall I not bother. 

40 minutes ago, r00k3h said:

I’m looking to do an small order from Taiwan Guns, just magazines and some other bits, total value just over £140. Will it get processed or shall I not bother. 

At the moment they are not shipping anything to the UK because UPS can not handle it. You won't be able to select any shipping option so cannot complete the checkout. Even when they do they will only accept orders over £135. This is because below that value they need to register for VAT with the UK and process it directly rather than letting you pay on import.

10 hours ago, Piman said:

At the moment they are not shipping anything to the UK because UPS can not handle it. You won't be able to select any shipping option so cannot complete the checkout. Even when they do they will only accept orders over £135. This is because below that value they need to register for VAT with the UK and process it directly rather than letting you pay on import.

Thanks, I will just buy from the UK instead.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.