What hop up and buck? Also r hop?

El aston
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, as you maybe know in recent posts I got my Tm cbq. And just going to start on the basics by changing the hip up and buck. 

I seen the prowin hop which I will be getting and the Prometheus straight flat rubber. Barrel wise might get the Laylax prometheus one. Makes sense to do it all at once doesn’t it? Do anyone know what fps I will be running roughly with that. As I’m sure out the box Tm’s are 280 aren’t they? ..... also does anyone know much about the r hops. Are they worth it. I will want to shoot .28 and upwards . 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, El aston said:

Makes sense to do it all at once doesn’t it?

Yes, it does.  You'll need to get them all working together eventually - there's little point in doing it incrementally.

Just bring the stock barrel and hop with you so that if it all goes wrong you can drop them back in.

It might increase your fps a little, if it's a tighter bore barrel and you PTFE tape around the front of the bucking.  Or might not, airsoft science isn't like regular science.  Don't get your hopes up.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Have you actually played a game with this gun yet?

You might find you're completely happy with it before you start gutting it and replacing innards.

58 minutes ago, El aston said:

Prometheus straight flat rubber

Don't bother with these, they're rubbish.

I ended up going back to a standard purple after both the black and blue flat rubbers.

• Supporters

You don’t need to touch anything in that TM. Leave it standard, you’ll still outrange 90% of the field, and it will easily hop .28s.

Leave it as it is, unless you’re going the whole hog and getting it built by someone who knows their stuff. I wouldn’t touch prowin stuff either. 

I’d use it as standard first, but the TNT TR hop, maple leaf 50d bucking are good 

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Yes, it does.  You'll need to get them all working together eventually - there's little point in doing it incrementally.

Just bring the stock barrel and hop with you so that if it all goes wrong you can drop them back in.

It might increase your fps a little, if it's a tighter bore barrel and you PTFE tape around the front of the bucking.  Or might not, airsoft science isn't like regular science.  Don't get your hopes up.

Yeah I seen someone use the tape on YouTube mate, thank you !

Just now, El aston said:

Yeah I seen someone use the tape on YouTube mate, thank you !

careful with what you see on youtube. Some of it won't work well for UK climate/joule limit. 

48 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Have you actually played a game with this gun yet?

You might find you're completely happy with it before you start gutting it and replacing innards.

Don't bother with these, they're rubbish.

I ended up going back to a standard purple after both the black and blue flat rubbers.

No mate I’m being an excited noob and just wanna mod it. But yeah I should

maybe try it first and see what it’s capeable of 

Do a favor to mankind, play a game with it and report back.

41 minutes ago, Prisce said:

You don’t need to touch anything in that TM. Leave it standard, you’ll still outrange 90% of the field, and it will easily hop .28s.

I’m just getting excited and want to mod it lol, but yeah when I soon have a game I will be on here like yeah guys u was right... but how would I outrange guns when people are running like maybe 350 plus and I have 280

Repeat after me:

Leave it the fuck alone.

Repeat it....now go play some airsoft.

Believe us you will thank us for it in the long run

Just now, EvilMonkee said:

Repeat after me:

Leave it the fuck alone.

Repeat it....now go play some airsoft.

Believe us you will thank us for it in the long run

Lmao yeah just commented back on another post, you will soon see me on here like yep u guys was right lmao 

Just now, El aston said:

I’m just getting excited and want to mod it lol, but yeah when I soon have a game I will be on here like yeah guys u was right... but how would I outrange guns when people are running like maybe 350 plus and I have 280

FPS does not matter as much as Hop Up.  TM has an excellent Hop Up.  Leave it alone and just play.

If you’re intent on modding, do it externally. Buy all of the suppressors, red dots and grenade launchers you like. Leave it internally for a while at least 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, El aston said:

I have a TM CQBR and a TM Scar-L, and ones standard, the other modified, the difference in range, perhaps 5M tops?

The standard one is about 8years old and has only had 1 service(is due another when I get a spare hour).

I have spent literally hundreds on building a gun from scratch, and it is seriously modified, and it only just outranges the TM.

If you want to modify a gun, buy a dirt cheap second hand gun and have a play with that. 

JUST LEAVE THE TM ALONE!!! - you’ll thank us in the long run.

16 minutes ago, Immortal said:

The reason you don't mess with TM rifs is because when you open them up the magic TM pixie dust escapes.

Lmao hahaha 

59 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I have a TM CQBR and a TM Scar-L, and ones standard, the other modified, the difference in range, perhaps 5M tops?

The standard one is about 8years old and has only had 1 service(is due another when I get a spare hour).

I have spent literally hundreds on building a gun from scratch, and it is seriously modified, and it only just outranges the TM.

If you want to modify a gun, buy a dirt cheap second hand gun and have a play with that. 

JUST LEAVE THE TM ALONE!!! - you’ll thank us in the long run.

Thank you mate,  makes sense though thank you for putting things into perspective 

Thanks you guys, you crack me up Hahahaha.... defo helped me out with all my questions.. hope I ain’t nausing you haha

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Do a favor to mankind, play a game with it and report back.

Hahaha I will defo do this 

1 hour ago, El aston said:

I have a TM AUG High Cycle. It shoots at 265 FPS, I used .25's which makes it around 235 FPS. It outranges my mates upgraded 340FPS evo, which is not a bad gun. 

• Supporters

to echo the others here leave it alone, follow L3wisD and chuck some heavier ammo in there (.3's are what i run) get out there and do some shooting.

after you've played with it a while you can come back and if there's a specific deficiency you want to address then we can talk mods, but no point spending money only to find you've either ruined the gun or it was shooting fine stock but you had some other quibble (like for example disliking the sights or wanting to drop a front grip on) that would have been a better use of your time and money.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

to echo the others here leave it alone, follow L3wisD and chuck some heavier ammo in there (.3's are what i run) get out there and do some shooting.

after you've played with it a while you can come back and if there's a specific deficiency you want to address then we can talk mods, but no point spending money only to find you've either ruined the gun or it was shooting fine stock but you had some other quibble (like for example disliking the sights or wanting to drop a front grip on) that would have been a better use of your time and money.

Defo makes sense mate, thank you got myself some.28s... Top lads thank you

• Supporters
7 hours ago, El aston said:

Lmao hahaha 

It's kindly meant.  The whole point of buying Tokyo Marui is that the internals are at least as good as whatever random-brand "upgrade" parts that you might buy.

Don't let that stop you from experimenting if that gives you pleasure, but I really do recommend keeping all the stock parts handy and ready to swap back in.

38 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's kindly meant.  The whole point of buying Tokyo Marui is that the internals are at least as good as whatever random-brand "upgrade" parts that you might buy.

Don't let that stop you from experimenting if that gives you pleasure, but I really do recommend keeping all the stock parts handy and ready to swap back in.

Yeah of course mate i understand lol, im a noob thats gone straight in with a TM. It came up at a good price so  i couldn't resit . Now i need to experience the fun lol

Archived