Airsoft Forums UK

how to carry two primary weapons

liam@airsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried to sling the sniper diagonally across your back?

I loop the sling for my g36c through some of the molle straps at the back of my osprey vest and dangle it down the front, you could try that with the M4, assuming the stiching can take it.  I might get an SA80 sling at some point, supposedly those hook into the molle at the back.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
1 hour ago, liam@airsoft said:

i have a vsr10 and an m4 and would like to carry both how do i do this i am very short so carrying a sniper is hard with a sling

It’s possible. But difficult. I understand why you want to do it, but I would seriously consider your need to do it.

Talking from experience here, when I was a noob(some argue I still am), I want to do exactly the same as you. I found many ways to do it.

Sling mounts diagonally over your body, strong velcro(gets dirt caught in it to easy) and what I decided to attempt. Mag mounts.

Mag mounts are expensive, difficult to do and dangerous. You need rare earth magnets, they cost around £100 just for the 4 magnets you’ll need. You then have to “engineer” two magnets into your snipers stock, lining them up with two matching magnets in your Chest rig(don’t work with much else).

These magnets are seriously powerful and will damage electrics and actually stick you to metal. Be warned.

And don’t get me started on the need to take different mags out and finding places to keep them!

If you want this noobs advice. Take both guns out with you, leave 1 at your respawn, and play with the other.  It’s really not worth the hassle!

its just i got caught  in a situation when someone got in the minimum engagement range and i couldnt do anything

i would get a pistol eg glock 18 but i am not sure i am fully into the sport and my friend gave me these two guns as he never uses them

• Supporters

As a sniper you need a secondary weapon. A pistol would be best. But you can get away with an Mp5k or something small.

If I was in your shoes, stick with the M4 till your sure you want to get involved in Airsoft, then buy yourself a pistol and go out with the sniper and pistol.

• Supporters

have one on a 3 point sling (the one you use least) then carry the other in your hand, when switching just drop one and pick up the other.

i wouldnt bother though, it's a lot of faff for not much gain, only time i see folk doing it is carting out a support weapon and leaving it at spawn when playing offensive games but then setting it up when defending.

• Head Moderator
29 minutes ago, liam@airsoft said:

i dont play cod as i do not have any gaming consoles 

Missing out then, I play it on a PC (better class of gamer imho ;) ).

You could leave one in the safe zone and then fetch it when required, seen a lot of players do that and swap over during the day.  Or get a small gun, MP5K on bungee cord, as a secondary. All snipers need a pistol for MED engagements.

I've tried this with a boltie and an M4. Honestly the only comfortable way I found was to have the M4 on a sling over my back, and the sniper rifle without a sling. If someone got too close when I was sniping, I'd just lean it up somewhere and switch to the M4. Any time I wanted to rush a position, I'd just put the sniper rifle down and come back for it once that target was dealt with. Really not perfect, but it was far quicker and easier than trying to keep two slinged weapons from interfering with each other.

Personally I only did that for one game, then went and bought an AEP. Your secondary only needs to reach 30m. It's just not worth carrying a full size AEG for that (in my opinion).

what i was thinking is a two point sling diagonaly on back with aeg but then have the front end with a buckle and un clip it to creat a one point sling when ever i want to use it and then just carry the vsr with a diagonal sling over top and take it off when ever i am sniping 

You could do it with a rifle/shotgun scabbard. VSR on the back, and the M4 on a regular sling.

19-Tactical-Shotgun-Scabbard-Bag-Molle-R

i think i will probally get a glock 18 but i will bring the m4 and leave it in the respawn thanks everyone if you get any really good ideas feel free to put them down 

as i will be checking this post regularly 

liam 

20 minutes ago, Iceni said:

You could do it with a rifle/shotgun scabbard. VSR on the back, and the M4 on a regular sling.

yes but it could fall out unless i put a strap on i will definalet try this

• Supporters

I use one of these when I run a boltie.

https://www.511tactical.com/rush-tier-rifle-sleeve.html

I used an HPA VFC PDW that I've lightened as much as possible. It takes a touch of finesse to get the PDW in/out, but it works. You can see it hanging behind me in the pic, I was using my microgun at the time instead of the VSR, so I didnt carry the PDW.

9oJkw5t.jpg

19 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I use one of these when I run a boltie.

https://www.511tactical.com/rush-tier-rifle-sleeve.html

I used an HPA VFC PDW that I've lightened as much as possible. It takes a touch of finesse to get the PDW in/out, but it works. You can see it hanging behind me in the pic, I was using my microgun at the time instead of the VSR, so I didnt carry the PDW.

yes but how easy is it to put the gun back into the scabbard if it is easy then will defianatly do this

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, liam@airsoft said:

yes but how easy is it to put the gun back into the scabbard if it is easy then will defianatly do this

How flexible are you? My shoulders are quite flexible, so without the backpack I can manage to slip my VSR into it. You can also decide how tight you want the top section, which will make it easier to insert, but make it wiggle around a bit. If you decide to put your M4 in it, if you make it short enough you can slide the stock into the main section, then maneuver the barrel into the "cup"

Problem is you've got a sniper and an assault rifle, you should have an SMG as your 'secondary'

A Glock 18, or PDW weapon is the best option. A P90 is great as it has absolutely no sticky out bits to snag and stab.

Carry the secondary/smg etc in hand with the sniper slung on your back, that way you are always ready for a contact, then if the opportunity arises you can implement your sniper rifle.

• Supporters
On 18/04/2018 at 9:28 PM, xaphor said:

Run a stubby M4 (almost pistol like) so you've got access to both. 

Given that OP already has the M4, and it's a freebie, I'd go with this as the winning suggestion.  Cut and re-crown the barrel, go as short as you like.  This is on my long term plan:

Archived