One armed loadout

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had a little accident a couple of days ago, which means that I can't use my left arm.
And probably won't be able to use it properly for a few months.
Which means that using my darling MWS will be a little problematic.
So, I need suggestions for a practical right hand only loadout for woodland.
On the plus side, it potentially means another gun  - woooooooo!

I could just use mk23 as primary.
Another option I guess would be a sniper with a bipod - but I wouldn't know where to start.
Any suggestions along these lines?

What other options are there that would allow me to have a decent day out, whilst staying competitive?
I'm looking for light and only needing one handed operation.
Thanks in advance :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mp5k will give you aeg firepower in a tiny package. 

How exactly will you reload?

Possibly get a small and light AEG (Firehawk, Wasp etc) and put a smaller drum mag on it to eliminate the need to reload a lot? I don't have a drum mag for my wasp, but I have been known to use it one handed. Occasionally dual wielding it with my pistol. 

MP5k and MP7's might be an idea too?

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

A small M4 our M4 pistol on a two point sling with a 900 round fat mag. Winding it doesn't take any strength and it saves reloading

Lol, you beat me to it, I was thinking M4 pistol with sound operated box mag, not every site allows them but I'm sure explaining your predicament & not doing more than short bursts would be cool with everyone.

As awesome as they are, I’d steer clear of an mp7. The grip angle makes the gun naturally point down so it needs to be shouldered to use effectively. 

5 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Lol, you beat me to it, I was thinking M4 pistol with sound operated box mag, not every site allows them but I'm sure explaining your predicament & not doing more than short bursts would be cool with everyone.

What's a sound operated box mag?

1 minute ago, sonofsammo said:

What's a sound operated box mag?

It automatically winds the hi cap mechanism when it hears the gun fire

It’s often a horrendous idea for someone with 2 perfectly functioning arms. Unless it’s tuned to perfection you’re giving yourself a massive disadvantage. That and I’d be curious to see your cocking method on a 500fps spring lol

• Supporters

Yep, & anything gas will also be a pain in the arse when it comes to reloading, you need to be lookin at "the path of least resistance", hence my recommending aeg with a very high capacity mag that winds itself.

while I don't know the nature of your injury, I'm sure your missus will rip the sh*t out of you for airsofting if it somehow negatively affects your recovery.

^^ this. 

While i love gas, I think the best thing for you would be something like a Cyma mp5k with a drum

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

while I don't know the nature of your injury, I'm sure your missus will rip the sh*t out of you for airsofting if it somehow negatively affects your recovery.

She probably will. But, I will go mental without it, so it's worth it for the sake of balance.
That's why I want to be careful though - because I don't want to cause more damage. 

If we're talking MP5Ks - is there a hierarchy of quality?
What's the best to get? I don't know owt about CYMA.....

• Supporters

Have you considered a P90? Depends how your built, but I have used 1 handed before, and to reload you can “just” about do it 1 handed with your knees.

Cyma are very good for the money. They’re nothing fancy, but for the price they do the job very well. They can be had for £130ish if I remember. 

P90 is another good shout. I’ve got a gas one which I wouldn’t recommend, but ergonomically it’s great. You can comfortably shoulder it with one arm and function with relative efficiency. It can be used held out as a pistol, but it’s far better in the shoulder

• Supporters

P90 box mag ftw ;)

Offer to marshall? Go round test shooting people with a handgun? 

Might keep you from going mad but also won't put any unnessassry strain on you which may hinder recovery? Might even earn yourself some dollar from it to treat yourself once you're fixed up?

Just a thought? 

If not I'd go for an M60 with a decent sling, a wig and a dodgy head band and Rambo it up. Lol

I think an MP5K PDW might be a good option, as the stock may make it more comfortable, and in the long run, when both handed again, more useful to you as an option. 

I like the look of the P90, but not the mags..
I really like the look of the TM MP5K high cycle.
Anyone had their hands on one?

I've just been talking to a chap about getting a carbine kit for the mk23, so I might do that as well, just to have some options..

• Supporters
1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I like the look of the P90, but not the mags..
I really like the look of the TM MP5K high cycle.
Anyone had their hands on one?

I've just been talking to a chap about getting a carbine kit for the mk23, so I might do that as well, just to have some options..

TM High Cycles are great. Doesn't matter which HC, any will do you proud. Plus the K will be the lightest of the MP5s. It'll cost you a bit more, but TMs are TMs, so worth it in my opinion. 

If you wanted to branch off the MP5 path, then some neat but similar options would be the G&G ARP-9 (which does offer a drum mag), as previously stated a M4 PDW (hate them personally, but only for aesthetic reasons - you do you), or wait a little longer and get the new King Arms PDW that is totally NOT a knock-off of an MPX ;)

However, one thing with the P90s is you could do the M4 mag adapter. Just food for thought.

I would also steer clear of some of the other PDW weapons - things like the Krytac Vector or the ASG Scorpion may be lightweight and look appealing, but most of that weight is in the front - it'll be awkward at best and difficult at worst for you to use those two for extended periods with only one arm.

Archived