THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 weeks ago i ordered 4 GM pmag evo at boomarms store. As i read on youtube or reddit i don’t remember well i received 4 v3. One without leak the 3 others with leak at the bottom. So easy and quick to fix it. Not the same bullshit as the stupid system on the TM MP7 mag.

On 22/02/2024 at 19:11, zizivert said:

2 weeks ago i ordered 4 GM pmag evo at boomarms store. As i read on youtube or reddit i don’t remember well i received 4 v3. One without leak the 3 others with leak at the bottom. So easy and quick to fix it. Not the same bullshit as the stupid system on the TM MP7 mag.

Hi bud👋

You should send them back and get some that aren't leaking.

If you try and fix them and it doesn't work you will have invalidated any warranty ☹️

Regards 

No no, to expensive and i’m handyman/DIYer (?) so it’s not a big trouble.

Some mags arrive with the 2 screws a little bit to loose. We just need to tighten them more (not so much, like quarter turn) and the probleme is solve. 

I took the opportunity to grease the seals and look how these mags works. Better to do this before a game ^^.

Also, maybe in 2 or 3 weeks i will able to show you my final custom. I just need to receive some parts like EMG TTI Aero set and revanchist fire selector to complete my revanchist handguard.

Not long got my first MWS (CQBR Block 1) was looking to buy up a few essential spares (nozzles etc) but literally nobody has any stock of TM parts at the moment. Even checked all the usual Japan / HK stores - its slim pickings out there!

Yep but you have really good alternatives.

Do you know a really good view, or better an 3d animation, to understand and see how the mws trigger box works?

I need to know why 45° fire selectors are only available in semi only and not for 60° fire selectors and also if with little or maybe big modifications i can customize an 45° to get the 3 modes: safe semi auto.

Edited by zizivert

Is this a good option for the mws platform? I like the look of the mk18 but this is so much cheaper then any other mws.

Any difference in performance over a mk18 or urgi gbbr?

627246002_Screenshot_20240303_200137_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.73e8da9bb8220a605925c67db1dbe0af.jpg

All MWS’ are exactly the same internally.

Depends how much you want to swap out or keep stock but honestly, the cheaper the better as making it your own is quite the rabbit hole.

That's good to know, appreciate the reply mate.

Seems a no brainer for me this compared to £600+ mk18 and Urgi mws's.

Is the mws m4s outer barrel a two part, like the scar H ngrs, so it can be run short or long?

1 hour ago, concretesnail said:

Is the mws m4s outer barrel a two part, like the scar H ngrs, so it can be run short or long?

It is not, you need to buy the length you want.

Laylax make a multi-part outer barrel for the MWS, but generally the MWS only uses one-part outer barrels. No idea if the Laylax outer is any good

https://wolfarmouries.co.uk/laylax-8-way-outer-barrel-for-tokyo-marui-airsoft-gas-blowback-gbb-m4a1-mws.html

Thanks impulse. 

I think.im going to go for the cqbr version as I think adding the carry handle will be less of a faf than changing the barrel. If I have to have the longer aesthetic then an extention will suffice I think. 

Hi guys,

I’m trying to build an MK18 from an MWS and will be using the Madbull MK18  Handgaurd. My question is what outer barrel do I need? I assume an MK16 (z parts) outer barrel would work but obviously not the correct one to adopt for a build like this. The real deal one would use an M4 barrel but don’t know of any third parties that do an M4 barrel without the need for the front sights to mount the gas router. 

Any help would be massively appreciated.

I think there’s a post about this somewhere in the thread…

You should be able to use your existing barrel and just buy a barrel but adapter ring.

If your using a 14.5” and want a shorter one, keep your eye on the classifieds for a 10.5” or alternatively, Google MWS outer barrel.

47 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

I think there’s a post about this somewhere in the thread…

You should be able to use your existing barrel and just buy a barrel but adapter ring.

If your using a 14.5” and want a shorter one, keep your eye on the classifieds for a 10.5” or alternatively, Google MWS outer barrel.

That’s great thanks. I did try and search but couldn’t directly find anything. Hoping to use the 10.3’’ barrel to match the RS version, but only seem to find MK16 versions at the mo. 

22 minutes ago, PhilT said:

That’s great thanks. I did try and search but couldn’t directly find anything. Hoping to use the 10.3’’ barrel to match the RS version, but only seem to find MK16 versions at the mo. 

I saw some MWS parts in the classifieds earlier.

Took delivery of my MK18 today so am looking for accessories and mags.

MWS mags seem to a rare thing nowadays, what’s the hive’s thoughts on the 46 round G&P mags? Or should I just be patient and wait for the TM ones.

Also (and more generally) anyone used a red dot / flip-to-side magnifier combo? Only used dots so far but thinking of expanding my horizons. 

The G&P GMAGS are ok but stock TM or Guns modify PMAGs are top tier.

Surprised you can find the G&P ones to be honest, where have you seen those?

Fire Support have 40 of them.

Might hold fire for some TM ones as I’ve got 4 already and if I have different types it might annoy me.

Next MWS noob question … the stock tube is milspec right? Gonna get a Magpul CTR for it.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Next MWS noob question … the stock tube is milspec right? Gonna get a Magpul CTR for it.

Yes they are MilSpec

30 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Fire Support have 40 of them.

Might hold fire for some TM ones as I’ve got 4 already and if I have different types it might annoy me.

CTR fits lovely! 

7 hours ago, Shizbazki said:

Yes they are MilSpec

Sorry but no. Most of the time you can install a milspec stock but the size of the buffer tube is specific. Not milspec/civilian size. It depend of the stock you want but an adjustement with tape could be necessary.

Necessary in my case with TM buffer tube and the Magpul MOE carbine stock.