THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 06/03/2024 at 13:28, Frank Castle said:

Sorry if this has been covered but what's the inner barrel length of the M4A1? Is it 370?

I believe the stock length is 250mm. 

Yeah, but 250mm won't go all the way through on the regular M4A1. TM don't put barrels longer than 250mm in their GBBRs because Japanese laws and joule creep. Not sure how long you'd need to go all the way through the outer barrel on a M4A1 carbine as I don't have one to measure. In the CQBR the 250mm goes almost to the end of the outer barrel.

8 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Yeah, but 250mm won't go all the way through on the regular M4A1. TM don't put barrels longer than 250mm in their GBBRs because Japanese laws and joule creep. Not sure how long you'd need to go all the way through the outer barrel on a M4A1 carbine as I don't have one to measure. In the CQBR the 250mm goes almost to the end of the outer barrel.

I’ve put a 310mm in mine and that fits but not sure what length is left. 

10 hours ago, PhilT said:

I’ve put a 310mm in mine and that fits but not sure what length is left. 

Interesting, your in the UK too aren't you. What fps are you getting with that barrel in mate, are you sticking to under 350fps or have you gone for a DMR build?

7 hours ago, Frank Castle said:

Interesting, your in the UK too aren't you. What fps are you getting with that barrel in mate, are you sticking to under 350fps or have you gone for a DMR build?

I have a 510mm in my mk12 build. Needs an NPAS to keep it under 1.14J, though I have also semi-locked it and run it as a DMR if I like the site's DMR rules (tends to be if it's 1.88J limit). During the summer I still need the NPAS to keep it under 1.88J though as I think it goes to about 2.4J with the NPAS fully open on a warm summer's day on a .4

On 08/03/2024 at 09:22, Frank Castle said:

Yes UK. No my DMR has a 410 inner in it and I do have a spare 370 if I need to drop fps in the warmer months. 

The M4 with the 310mm inner barrel + a few other minor mods is clocking around 330-340 fps during the winter on Nuprol 3.0 and black. 

My MWS DMR build with 410mm inner barrel and ice pick is doing 410-420 fps

all above based on 0.2g bb. 

On 08/03/2024 at 16:46, Impulse said:

I have a 510mm in my mk12 build. Needs an NPAS to keep it under 1.14J, though I have also semi-locked it and run it as a DMR if I like the site's DMR rules (tends to be if it's 1.88J limit). During the summer I still need the NPAS to keep it under 1.88J though as I think it goes to about 2.4J with the NPAS fully open on a warm summer's day on a .4

What range are you getting with that?

with my 410mm inner and ice pick I’m getting 60m accurate 0.36 (haven’t got a longer range to test on on yet). But for some reason I get the odd bb fly off. Annoying that really. Using a 60deg MR HOP, stock Hop Unit and SixG nub. 

MK18 arrived last week and I love it already!

NPAS fitted over the weekend and she's reliably doing around 335fps on 0.2s at room temperature, which is a shade over 1J and about where I want it to be. Was surprised how easy it was to fit, what took the time was adjusting it to get the power I wanted - was it clockwise or anti-clockwise to reduce the power? most of the time I did the opposite of what I wanted 😂 

Ordered mags from Japan on Friday, just had a notification they'll be delivered on Thursday, if that happens I'll be massively impressed!

On 09/03/2024 at 21:23, PhilT said:

What range are you getting with that?

with my 410mm inner and ice pick I’m getting 60m accurate 0.36 (haven’t got a longer range to test on on yet). But for some reason I get the odd bb fly off. Annoying that really. Using a 60deg MR HOP, stock Hop Unit and SixG nub. 

Similar results and I'm using a 50 degree MR hop and an omega nub in the stock hop unit. I'd say 60m is easy to get accurately at 1.88J on a .4 with mine, and I can fairly reliably hit 75m without having to angle the gun. It's not as consistently good as my HPA DMR, but it's more fun! I get the same thing though where the odd BB just seems to have a will of its own, but it's not TOO often. At 1.1J on a .32 I would say 50m accurately, 60m consistently.

Heyo, getting a DE MWS on the 23rd, Already got an extra MWS Stanag and Typ89 Stanag in the meanwhile, Just wanted to check that abbey Maintenance Gas is fine to leave in there and slowly purge / shoot out. I know that purging magazines too fast can damage them, so I was thinking of shooting but I dont know if shooting it out of the magazine would be any less or more damaging than just being careful and slowly purging them.

Also thinking of getting a  60 degree Flamingo bucking and M.H.N asap, and getting a replacement GM bcg when the DE nozzle breaks (I've heard its not great). Anything there sound like it wont work?

Hi,

on my PTW i'm totally in love about my Orga magnus flat hop up. Do you have recommendation for the same systeme for my MWS with Guns Modify Hop Up Tensioner? Is the SP8 flat hop up good?

Anyone got any tips of trying to remove a mws fire selector, stupidly went ahead removed the old one , started installing the angry gun ambi pushed the pin back so it would fit then realised the selector won’t move now and apprently you need to take the trigger box out to sintall the new pin, typical man , went straight in without metrications now can’t remove the fire selector

Hey guys,

I've been out of the loop for some time, was browsing the forums a bit but i see a lot of talk to the MWS discord. Can't seem to find an invite link though, could anyone share it?

Long time; no fettling.

Getting the MWS ready for next weekend and had a play about with some Guns Modify parts.

There is an issue where the MWS can self-adjust the hop down as it cycles. This is due to the gas key / guide part rubbing on the hop wheel. I have had this with a very worn TM one (4-5years use) and a new AngryGun one (shocker!)

Today I fitted a Guns Modify one and have put a couple of mags through it and found no loss of hop-up. Seems the little cut out at the front is deeper and wider than others.

None in stock but sign up for a reminder: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/guns-modify-enhanced-nozzle-reset-for-marui-mws-m4-gbb-v2

The second fettling was with the rocket valve - I was running one that I had sanded down by 0.5mm and that worked well during winter temps (sub 10DegC) but was a bit spicy now spring is here! 

A full length, unmodified, one gave around 245fps, the 0.5mm shorter one around 279fps (ASG Gas, 0.32g BBs, your mileage WILL vary!)

I carefully sanded a new one down approx 0.15mm on some medium wet&dry and that tested at around 258fps at 17DegC so exactly 1J

With the mag warmed to 22DegC it was stable at 268fps so under the 276fps limit for 0.32g I am happy to run this during the summer without having to resort to very weak gas or lighter BBs.

GM do these as a pack of three so you can have a play about with the power and not have to worry about set screws self adjusting and causing issues. Take it slow and keep checking with some digital calipers 😁

Available now: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gun-modify-high-stability--fps-diy-valve-for-marui--gm-mws-m4-gbb-v3-nozzle-3pcs

• 2 weeks later...

So, here we are…

spacer.png

spacer.png

The first idea for this project in one word, "modern", in comparison with my old classic ptw configuration:

spacer.png

I think it will be faster if I wrote a list of TM parts ^^

External

-revanchist handguard 9.5" + cover bcm + magpul hand stop

-outer barrel dytac

-body EMG TTI aero

-silencer Angry gun warden

-charging handle ambidextrous angry gun

-buffer tube Angry gun + magpul ASAP

-magpul moe stock + pad + rizer 

-sight magpul mbus 3

-grip Hogue

-Holosun hs403 + copy scalarworks leap 01

-copy Inforce wml short

-mag GM evo batch v3

-fire selector 60° revanchist

-trigger revanchist

-mag release revanchist

-bolt release ambidextrous GM

Internal

-Ruber Maple leaf wonder 60° + inner barrel pdi 6,01

-hop up chamber laylax + nub stalker + GM adjuster

-recoil spring Angry gun 130% + buffer volante (200gr)

-bolt carrier TM with nozzle MPA Angry gun (320fps)

-bolt carrier g&p salient gold + nozzle TM (325fps)

-stop bolt plate GM light

The g&p nozzle on the g&p bolt carrier give more or less 350fps.

The recoil with the volante buffer is really amazing, i’m totally in love.

Edited by zizivert

Figured there's no better place to ask than here, but for an mws (or clone) which would everyone rate better. 

Angrygun lightweight bolt with gen2 mpa

Or

Evo lightweight bolt with an Ra tech npas?

For me, it's always better if you use same brand so in my opinion the first one.

But maybe the second option works better, i never tried the two solutions.

19 minutes ago, zizivert said:

For me, it's always better if you use same brand so in my opinion the first one.

But maybe the second option works better, i never tried the two solutions.

I have seen earlier in this thread people have had issues with the angry gun bolts not cycling or locking back properly. And I've seen they apparently have qc issues. I'll probably go with the evo bolt and gm npas. It's cheaper too.

Yeah yeah. You can have somes bad issues with this or this element from this brand or the other one due to bad conception but when you start mixing all the elements with different brands, in my opinion, you increase the possibilities to have bad issues.

1 hour ago, zizivert said:

Yeah yeah. You can have somes bad issues with this or this element from this brand or the other one due to bad conception but when you start mixing all the elements with different brands, in my opinion, you increase the possibilities to have bad issues.

I see your point. 

I have about 24hr to make up my mind about which I'm gonna go with, and whether I want to go with a 250mm laylax barrel, or a slightly longer crazy jet (they don't have a 250 jet barrel in)

General consensus is, Avoid AngryGun like the plague for internals, its apparently a roll of the dice whether you get a workable one or a mish one. Both barrels are good but Laylax is apparently better than ML Crazyjets.

Also look into the Federal Concepts NPAS instead of the RATech.

4 hours ago, StoveCap said:

General consensus is, Avoid AngryGun like the plague for internals, its apparently a roll of the dice whether you get a workable one or a mish one. Both barrels are good but Laylax is apparently better than ML Crazyjets.

Also look into the Federal Concepts NPAS instead of the RATech.

I want the feda, but it's out of stock and firesupport have the ra tech in, and I'm going there tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if it's been asked, because it undoubtedly has been asked somewhere in these 272 pages, but does anyone have ideas for a hop setup for heavy BBs? My retro CQBR is wonderful hopping .32s, but my mk12 is really struggling to lift .4s at 1.64J and just about manages it at 1.88J DMR limits, but I want to run .43s at 1.64J because Warhead do good BBs at good prices so I want to swap to using them, but they only do .32s or .43s, no .4s.

For what I was thinking, I was considering a sixG nub (because I have actually yet to try one...) and something like a relatively soft Unicorn or ML MR bucking, maybe a 60 degree. At the moment I have tried the Jaeger Precision titan nub, which was really inconsistent, and a number of omega nubs (regular, 50 degree and 80 degree), all with a variety of ML MR buckings.

Double post, because the sixG nub arrived. I managed to dig out a standard TM hop rubber that I think came from my other MWS, so I followed the advice on the sixG website and stuck the TM rubber in with the sixG nub. They say it can lift heavy weight BBs at DMR power with the stock TM hop rubber, so I will see if that's correct.

Unfortunately, I can't test it until the Sunday after next, so now I have to play the waiting game. Will pack my 50 degree MR hop rubber as well just in case. At least the Modelworks mk12 front end is easier to remove than the standard front, so it's not too painful to get to the hop unit!