THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

Just incase any of you lot are interested; the Warmag speed loaders for the MWS are back in stock here:

https://www.softairgames.net/en/bb-loader/16437-hurricane-speed-loader-for-series-marui-mws-gbb-warmag-wm-hurricane-9.html?search_query=hurricane&results=17

I've just ordered one.

I've had one for a bit. Skirmished 2 or 3 days with it and coming from hi caps I reload a lot. Its held out so far and it's night and day vs the plunger style 

Good shout. Ordered one too.

With the dimensions being somewhat similar, will these fit GHK gas mags too?

1 hour ago, xB0SHx said:

I've had one for a bit. Skirmished 2 or 3 days with it and coming from hi caps I reload a lot. Its held out so far and it's night and day vs the plunger style 

Glad to hear it, :) I used to use an Odin with AEGs so with that in mind I hope this works just as well too.

From what you've said it will.

54 minutes ago, [Rogues]Loki said:

With the dimensions being somewhat similar, will these fit GHK gas mags too?

No idea personally, you'll soon find out. ;) Won't fit my GHK as it's an AK :lol:

Gas, Nuprol, I saw the chart, and read that 9bars is about the right pressure. So, in Norway, where summer falls on a Friday this year, and temperatures are around 20 C, should I use Nuprol Red 3.0? Or will green be enough? 

As long as I do not use too "powerful" gas at too warm temperatures there is no danger of breaking things? 🙂

#stupidquestions 

And, been playing around with setup. 

IMG_0219.JPG

2 hours ago, ThatNordicGuy said:

temperatures are around 20 C, should I use Nuprol Red 3.0? Or will green be enough? 

Generally speaking I use green when above 10c and red when below 10c.

I haven't used my MWS in cold weather but that's what I use in my pistols when temps are at those levels.

Ok guys this is it! I have lost the fight against my rational self and ordered the gun. It should be in my hands in two weeks and I am feeling like a kid on his way to candy store. I am also spending huge amount of time on e-shops window shopping tons of upgrades, rails, stocks, sights and all other practical stuff as well. This will inevitably result into spending some more money for it in near future and because of that I had a really bad argument with my wallet. I am affraid I will have another one, even bigger, with my girlfriend when it all arrives. But it is a sacrifice I am willing to make. Long story short I am signing up to The Club.

What I plan is:

- six g nub

- modify tan bucking

- longer barrel

- m-lok or keymod lightweight rail

- super sexy looking stock

Though I have read this whole forum several times I still have some questions:

- Has the gun mil spec dimensions? Will real steel parts - handguards, stock a pistol grip - fit? I saw someone said BCM rail fits. Does it really fit without any modification?

- I understood I need that PTS adapter ring thingee OR use Dytac outer barrel if want to mount an AEG handguards/rails. Is it all I need or is there anything else?

- I would like to build a DMR so what inner barrel would you recommend? I saw Orga, Prometheus and Crazy jets has been mentioned before. I understand that Prometheus has some larger hop window. What is it? Is it compatible with sixG nub? We dont have limits for fps here so the more the better I suppose.

- Is it ok to prolong outer barrel with some after market extension? I would not want to have some wobbling in there or have different diameters which would bend the inner barrel etc.

Sorry for long post but I am really looking forward to have it. If it is only half awesome as everybody says I will be a pretty happy bastard:-D.

Cheers fellow MWSers.

5 minutes ago, M.a.r.v.i.n said:

Has the gun mil spec dimensions? Will real steel parts - handguards, stock a pistol grip - fit?

Yes, absolutely.

And I have a dirt cheap Promy barrel that will suit you perfectly 😂😂

@M.a.r.v.i.n welcome!! :D

As above, get a PTS ring, mil spec parts fit.

Watch this space on the DMR front.

Run the Super Nub, Modify bucking, stock TM barrel, high power gas, stiffer recoil buffer spring and high quality 0.32 or 0.36 BBs, that'll work awesomely for circa 60M

Despite the shit weather, DMR news will be here tomorrow night. I’ll just have to get wet 😂

55 minutes ago, Immortal said:

My MWS is happily spitting out 0.32 with the SixG nub. <Insert James Bond Villain chuckle here> :lol:

You playing at the weekend? If so, let us know how you get on with it. My aim for tomorrow is an 80m kill.

58 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

You playing at the weekend? If so, let us know how you get on with it. My aim for tomorrow is an 80m kill.

If the weather holds out I will be playing with it Sunday. Been gagging to field it.

On green gas I've been getting 330fps with 0.2 –

Curious what numbers red gas will bring it upto (although I don't want to damage it and 330fps is fine).

Nuprol red is okay, but after using Guarder power up gas, I will stick to that for any time propane isn’t suitable. Seems to work like MAPP without the rancid smell

48 minutes ago, Immortal said:

If the weather holds out I will be playing with it Sunday. Been gagging to field it.

On green gas I've been getting 330fps with 0.2 –

Curious what numbers red gas will bring it upto (although I don't want to damage it and 330fps is fine).

Put a heavier BB in and you’ll creep closer to the equivalent energy of 350 on a 0.2g. 

Hi All, I recently picked up an MWS CQBR (not even skirmished it yet). I’ve been following this thread a while. 

I have a few questions around some upgrades - so far I’ve picked up a magpul CTR stock, grip and AFG, madbull mk18 rail (9 inch), gas block and a Laylax hop arm. Also have a vortex red dot and some flip up sights to complete the build, together with a Maurui silencer. 

I have a few questions and would really appreciate some help if possible, new to airsoft and never built a rifle before. Although I’ve seen a lot of videos and am fairly comfortable to do it myself.

- Is the super nub really noticeably better than the Laylax hop arm? I’ll likely stick to .25 to .3’s.

- I’m looking to find a barrel nut adapter and can’t find them anywhere online. I’ve been searching for a PTS one, anyone know of anyone that has these in stock?

- Will the madbull rail need any fitment at all? 

- I’m considering an inner barrel, possibly an orga Lex 05 250mm. Will this increase the FPS and be better overall when compared with the stock barrel? I want to keep it firing within site limits. 

- Also, what is the stock FPS with something like ASG ultra air with moderate weather conditions? I’ve had people say it’s 340 to 360 FPS stock. (Going to need to get a chrono soon).

Thanks

Mike

Using the super nub means you get to keep your original hop arm, which means you can use other nubs if you were to try long contact patch buckings like the TNT. With the strike arm you’re stuck with that. If you’re gonna stick to -.28 and under there’s not a great deal of point in changing anything internally. The nub will offer slight improvement, but massive improvement with .32+ BB’s. If you’ve already got the arm then you may as well use it though. 

PTS and Orga make one. I had to get mine from HK somewhere. Couldn’t find anything in the U.K. 

i had what I think was a madbull mk18 rail on one of mine. You could get it on, but I found it rotated a bit left or right because the alignment tabs are about 3mm too wide for the receiver. 

Whats your fps now? Standard barrel I believe is 6.08? So you’ll get an increase in your FPS. Personally I think if you’re staying to the same barrel length, just clean the one you have and use it. Unless you buy an EDGI or something like that, you’re probably not gonna notice a great deal of improvement. If you’re putting a longer barrel in to DMR it, a replacement makes more sense. 

I wouldnt put ASG ultrair in anything I own, but my CASV on propane (standard internally minus hop mods) is about 310. It depends on if you have a version 1 or version 2 nozzle. 

On 06/03/2019 at 16:11, SgtTalbert said:

Jesus, just imagine wearing Crye and using an MWS. Basically unstoppable 

I admit, you feel it...46112443_894523917409354_6520781844579876864_o.thumb.jpg.a05755845e6ceb64e595b403622c9cb9.jpg

Thanks so much, really appreciate the help. I think I’ll try out the 250mm Orga and test to see how it is. 

Interesting on the ASG Ultra Air, is there a reason for that? Is it damaging in any way? 

Now im worried about the madbull rail, it’s on order and coming soon. But without the adapter I can’t fit it. Is this because of mad bull, or do you think its a specific issue to the mk18 rail?