Paint jobs on rifles...

Dannn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Why ? It turns a RIF to something resembling a toy from a computer game, I've never ever seen a real weapon painted up, it seems even the most hardcore people trying to look like "real solders" have paint on their toys... Kinda silly if you ask me.

Discuss.

Cant do it

I have realised I only seem to like and own black weapons.

Had a tan scar just couldn't like it...

I think I have something wrong with me

• Head Moderator

I prefer the original reel steel without paint, even if the British L85 does look like a two tone toy ;) As for sniper rifles, unpainted but covered with hessian/scrim/tape as camouflage. Each to their own.

Edit: There is arctic / winter cam, painting a weapon white. Thinking of Royal Marines replacing the green with white on L85.

Edited by Jedi_Master

Always find myself standing next to someone with the same RIF as me. Hate having the same as someone else so that why I personalise mine abit.. makes it stand out a bit more.

Another excuse to get out in the garden and do another thing Airsoft related!

• Supporters

indeed - to each their own

a little personal touch some may like

& why not its their gun to do what they like

sometimes repainting them can make them look silly

me - I like to leave looking as they arrived.......

aeg-src-sr4-2-2.jpg

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=43136&fb_comment_id=649605158387519_908112552536777

that orange flash hider has just ruined it for me :D

I do say each to their own, but when people go on about UKARA this and defence that and then paint their gun to look like a toy it seems kinda hypocritical to me, as you'll struggle to find any real weapons, aside from tan with any paint jobs. Certainly in my expectance I've seen none

Just buy anything other than M4 variant and you will stand out! Or so it seems.....

Granted all my rifles are the bog standard black (apart from my sa80) but to break them up a bit, I use dark earth rail ladders & put them on all unused rails, i've also put them on my g36c to cover unused rails as for me personsly, I don't like the rails unused but it also covers any light damage caused

• Supporters

At the end of the day its your TOY gun so do what you like. If it makes you smile its all good.

Realism is good if thats what you like but dont look down on those who dont and vice versa.

*ahem*

If I saw someone turn up with them shin pads or that hard shell vest I would take the piss badly.

I'll just leave that there then....

• Supporters

*ahem*

I'll just leave that there then....

Actually no we wont.

I have no issue with personal choice on how things look I think its great when people wear fancy dress and unique garb. My problem with that stuff is its all hard shell protective stuff which is a joke in airsoft. I have seem some people roll up looking like armour plated gimps and you spend all day getting wound up by them not feeling hits.

None hit taking is one of the biggest problems with airsoft and I am pretty sure that most of the time its not malicious just the amount of gear getting in the way.

• Supporters

Actually no we wont.

I have no issue with personal choice on how things look I think its great when people wear fancy dress and unique garb. My problem with that stuff is its all hard shell protective stuff which is a joke in airsoft. I have seem some people roll up looking like armour plated gimps and you spend all day getting wound up by them not feeling hits.

None hit taking is one of the biggest problems with airsoft and I am pretty sure that most of the time its not malicious just the amount of gear getting in the way.

I'm sure you're right to a degree but I wear a chest rig with a back plate so basically the same area as a PC and I know when I've been hit. It's just down to paying attention to what's going on. Maybe it's more peoples playing style or where they play that dictates whether or not a PC will stop them feeling their hits? I can see how too much gear would stop you feeling it at woodland ranges but somewhere like the Mall? No. That's more likely the adrenaline and confusion of playing a hectic site that people aren't used to in my opinion.

As to my comment above - surely you can see how it came across?

• Supporters

I'm sure you're right to a degree but I wear a chest rig with a back plate so basically the same area as a PC and I know when I've been hit. It's just down to paying attention to what's going on. Maybe it's more peoples playing style or where they play that dictates whether or not a PC will stop them feeling their hits? I can see how too much gear would stop you feeling it at woodland ranges but somewhere like the Mall? No. That's more likely the adrenaline and confusion of playing a hectic site that people aren't used to in my opinion.

As to my comment above - surely you can see how it came across?

I think somewhere like the mall is worse than woodland because your less likely to hear it even if you dont feel it because of all the hectic confusion.

Your right though some of it does come down to the player. I think I have such a big issue because I play quite fast and will often run into a group of people and end up getting the one player in the group claiming you havent hit him because he didnt feel it, even though I saw the tracer bounce off his PC.

Yeah I can see how it looked my bad but I wouldnt take offence anyway you have a right to your opinion same as everyone else. ☺

Even if its wrong 😉

Really?! The British Army painted a huge amount of weapons for Afghanistan, and well before that most special forces units painted their weapons as a matter of course: 2Para2para.jpg SAS/SBSScreenshot_2014-03-03-20-24-30-1_zps28caUKSFIraq03.jpgphoto_scan_zps5ee915a8.jpg SFSGEEC59A5E-6EF8-4D3C-9797-78868CEB5A44_zps US Army SFOD-DDELTA.jpg USMC Force Recon (Travis Haley!)12309531586_abb8a642f8_z.jpg German Armygerman.jpeg US Navy SEALs NSWDG.jpg

You must of missed the apart from tan bit... It's easy for a teenager to find pics of anything to back up a post on Google, 15 years in

service says different...

• Supporters

Woah, ixnay on the patronising there pal, I'm 32 with nearly a decade (so far!) of service myself. So much so I'm actually on R&R mid way through a 9 month op tour right now.

Your initial post said NOTHING about tan, which was the one I quoted, but even with that I've seen loads of rifles in various shades of green and even some dark red mixed in, just don't have photos of them.

• Supporters

Why ? It turns a RIF to something resembling a toy from a computer game, I've never ever seen a real weapon painted up, it seems even the most hardcore people trying to look like "real solders" have paint on their toys... Kinda silly if you ask me.

Discuss.

Simple fact of the matter is that they are toy guns. They are not real and trying to treat them as such is a bit delusional.

Paint it how you want strap a dildo on it as a bayonet if you wish or whatever else you want.

Its a toy gun for playing a pretend game none of its real except the fun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.