Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

You could argue that it's worth what someone's willing to pay for it, if the sellers asking too much then it's a waiting game until some one sees the add and decides they can't life without it.

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

You could argue that it's worth what someone's willing to pay for it, if the sellers asking too much then it's a waiting game until some one sees the add and decides they can't life without it.

Yeah that's my latest hobby while I'm laid up, going on Zin & watching overpriced crap get bumped for the 37th time🤣

They just don't get it😏

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

They just don't get it

I sometimes lowball an add if it's something I'd like, sometimes it begins a haggle... sometimes it doesn't,

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/electric-powered/brand-new-evolution-airsoft-e-104-ak-104-paratrooper-aeg_i53657 £200 from "im not a retailer so no refunds, returns or warranties payment by bank transfer, paypal friends & family or cash on collection only. However, for your peace of mind here is my airsoft forums uk site, 105 sales 100% feedback feel free to message me of my advert link here to confirm its me." or £190 - £230 from a proper shop with an actual piece of mind thereafter.

image.png.137e6807b92497d74d1f7ddc500789cf.png

Edited by Majestyk

• Supporters
2 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

You do know what thread you're on....right?

I saw that. I love the question from the guy with nearly 2000 feedback being dissed by the guy with one. 😂

• Supporters

"RPK with drum [...]  IS NOT INCLUDING THE LCT DRUM" 🙄

Seems that someone thought it was worth it.  I hope they don't have regrets when they find out why it was uPgRaDeD but then only used once.

On 14/09/2023 at 22:09, JinxDuh said:

They was only £100 when they was new... Sure, they're out of stock but given the state of it and it being galaxy I can't imagine that it's genuinely worth £100 or am I missing something?

Our man has relisted the boneyard MP5K for a "bargain" of £65.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Galvatron said:

Our man has relisted the boneyard MP5K for a "bargain" of £65.

It's not even that useful as a parts donor because mine also has that front end structural failure, so I assume that's endemic and common.  It's the sort of thing that you might pick up at a bring-and-buy for £30 or so, then try to figure out how to restore the safe and semi to make it usable (but more likely just throw it in a box and forget about it).

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It's not even that useful as a parts donor because mine also has that front end structural failure, so I assume that's endemic and common.  It's the sort of thing that you might pick up at a bring-and-buy for £30 or so, then try to figure out how to restore the safe and semi to make it usable (but more likely just throw it in a box and forget about it).

That's why I was sarcastic about it being a bargain. Seeing that its safe mode is useless, I couldn't see anyone paying £65 to take a risk on a RIF that marshals wouldn't allow even in a safe zone if they caught wind of that problem. Like you said, it should be a lot cheaper because a potential buyer is taking on the risk of repairing it (probably just cheaper to replace). It's as if the seller hasn't heard of big companies being bought for peanuts because the buyer takes on the risks and liabilities.

https://www.airsoft-hub.com/item/26195-cyma-518-m4

£170 for a Cyma 518 (w/ hi-cap mag in the box) with a mid-cap STANAG mag and a 4x32 scope.

You can get the same combination for £10-20 extra, brand new with a warranty.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Galvatron said:

You can get the same combination for £10-20 extra, brand new with a warranty.

Ah, but will the paint flake off in short order to reveal the glorious day-glo orange underneath? 

39 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Why does everyone always say

“ it’s been painted but that’s easily removed “

but never remove it 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Cos it’s effin blue underneath 😂

• Supporters
3 hours ago, hunter511 said:

I'm more intrigued by the "1-2 training sessions" its been used for.....

Ive clearly been missing something in either "playing" or "doing other things". Wasn't aware I needed to train....

Sellers in Lewisham, "training sessions" is probably slang for post office jobs lol. 

1 hour ago, hunter511 said:

I'm more intrigued by the "1-2 training sessions" its been used for.....

Ive clearly been missing something in either "playing" or "doing other things". Wasn't aware I needed to train....

For me, saying it's "only" been used once or twice for before will always be measured against my friend I skirmished with 20 years ago - he could have described his M4 as only having been skirmished twice, which was technically true but he broke the stock the second time he fielded it.

5 hours ago, Tackle said:

Sellers in Lewisham, "training sessions" is probably slang for post office jobs lol. 

Way off mate...

It was a six week Foreign Legion selection test.   In Annam.  In monsoon season.  Used by a man nicknamed Clumsy Phillipe.  

11 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Way off mate...

It was a six week Foreign Legion selection test.   In Annam.  In monsoon season.  Used by a man nicknamed Clumsy Phillipe.  

Not THE Clumsy Phillipe?  They still talk of him in hushed tones in the bars of Aubagne.

Edited by Colin Allen