wow other forums!!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It's an Alien world to them, I'm not justifying their actions just trying to explain not to take it in the worst way. Think of this way, you're a squaddie/ex squaddie, you've never played airsoft, all you see and of heard of it are the Walts, you're going to assume its all that way; we just do as humans, its the same way racism and all other descrimination happens, past experiences being associated with all future experiences, like cavemen learning not to eat a certain berry because it gives you the shits. Of course they're not going to understand, we're all men right (for the most part) , we all like guns and action etc. - They get paid to do it and given all the gear to do it with, of course they're going to think hmmpf mugs paying for kit we get for free and running around with toy guns.... It's just a source of banter for them, just like paintballers are for the majority of airsofters!

I'll be honest before I got into airsofting, I'd always liked guns, had the odd airsoft gun to twat about with shooting my mates and plinking. I saw scout the doggies videos and thought that "airsofters" were insane paying grands for kit and £300 for toy guns. Then, one day I took the plunge, I got involved after enjoying a game of paintballing but desiring realism. I thought this is a perfect excuse to buy all the cool military stuff I've always put off as a waste of money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone is a c*nt for buying loads of expensive gear, I do it myself now, I'm obssessed with accurate kit!

• Supporters

This is just the sort of thing that makes me roll my eyes. When people ask "what's that airsoft thing you do?" I normally reply along the lines of we dress up as soldiers and run around in the woods all day. Not really fussed what some anonymous people on a forum think, it just seems a bit sad that they carry on like that.

Cheers all and thanks for the comments its appreciated :)

I just wanted i guess to vent as i think its disgraceful behaviour and then really got fed up after i had a warning message from the moderator. I do find it funny the lack of language and perhaps they need to read a dictionary?

I have a thick skin and have learnt no to post like this in future on that forum....Thank you to the moderators on this site for the job they do.

I will not rise to there level at any point :)

I think if all they can do is is type abuse then its at their loss.

I know not all military and ex personal are like this so i have not used the same brush for all.

If anyone asks me what airsoft is i break it down like this its like paintball meets laser quest with military tactics....as most people know what these are....then explain it :)

• Supporters

What I do is a SPORT yes a sport not me pretending to something I know I am not

I can't even begin to imagine the horrors our troops have suffered & witnessed,

nor do I wish to for one single second.

Airsoft could be even helping to build support & respect for our troops, go back a few years

and looney extreme far lefties were heavily criticising our troops and deployments.

many people were scared or worried about showing support for our troops in case it offended

some minorities ffs. Where as we know they are just doing what the politicians drag us into

right or wrong they are simply following orders in the name of our country. Even though the MOD

has been forced to make drastic cuts that many think too extreme perhaps

yup - most of these men & women have my full support gong through hell n back on a regular basis

jeez I'm not gonna go too ott or patriotic like in US but at least they do fully respect their armed forces

much more than this country has in the past

I'm not gonna go on about this much more but here is a thought:

I wonder how some of these hostile people would perform at the NAE this weekend ???

would be funny as fvck if these die hard tossers got feckin OWNED by some PRETEND SOLDIERS

apart from the hostile bell ends all jumping on the airsoft hate bandwagon thread,

big respect to ALL people serving and served in our forces - past n present

oh n thread is closed thank god - perhaps they ran out of abuse or maybe they gone to sign up at NAE ???

I know not all military and ex personal are like this so i have not used the same brush for all.

Don't worry we're not all like that.

But can you imagine having to share a room with people like that for a living? I can remember in basic, our training corporals trying to get us to look down on civvies as a lower class of human being. Wherever you go in the world there will always be people who think they are a step above and like to do people down but there was no need for that.

If those low lives who made those comments are actually serving (which I doubt is the case), they in particular DO NOT deserve our respect at all and I am ashamed they can been seen a representative of me and my former colleagues dead and alive by some people or even themselves.

All this does is prove to me how superior the Royal Air Force is over the dregs of the Army that inhabit that forum.......

*Ducks and covers from incoming Army pers flak*

I'm sure there's people like that in all the armed services and there the ones who let everyone down :(

I personally served with guys who I never associated with in the NAAFI or outside of barracks but when push came to shove, I could put my life in there hands as we relied on each other

I never thought of civvies as lower class human beings when I was in

I do now though

they come across as a bunch of narrow minded bullys in which case, IF they even signed up, I doubt they would have passed out (out of basic training. I have no doubt that they have passed out through alcoholic consumption).

their military references seem very vague and I reckon some simple questions would have them flustered quite easily

or go straight for the jugular. Why airsoft instead of joining up and playing with real guns? Because an ICS L85A2 is more reliable than the real thing

or more realistically, a lot of airsofters have injuries from military service which prevents them from being a reserve. I am planning on trying but I think airsofting is my limit due to my medical records

the irony is that airsofters seem much friendlier towards their own kind than a lot of serving soldiers did at my first unit. It was very cliquey there (my next posting was completely different) but that has not been the case in any of the skirmishes I have been to (admittedly, all at players of war) so far

• Supporters

It's not just that forum though. I used to regularly post on a bikers forum call The Rev Counter. If a noob said the wrong thing there it was a 15 page minimum flame war almost instantly. The general consensus was "welcome to TRC, grow a thicker skin".

Unfortunately the rise of the keyboard warrior with the shield of anonymity has all but destroyed many online communities. I'm just glad it hasn't got to this place yet!

Its a reflection on how thick most Army squaddies are.......

*Now if that doesn't get a flash from an ex Army lot on here :) *

Seriously, posting on there anything related to airsoft is like sticking your cock in a blender; obvious stupid and going to cause a lot of pain.

Hahaha, there are some exceptions to the rule but most of us are tolerent and easy going people

its just those ignorant and ill informed pillocks that let the side down :(

Unfortunately we do need people like them to make the rest of us look good

• Supporters

goes back to me saying if ya post count is low when joining a forum

in a nutshell the longer serving members just think you are a noob or nob or both

alas as with many forums you have to be posting for quite a while before "some" people

start to take you seriously - kind of sterotype n all that of low post = low experience

hang on - when the hell did anybody really take me or what I post seriously ???

oh well carry on chaps at ease n all that

All this does is prove to me how superior the Royal Air Force is over the dregs of the Army that inhabit that forum.......

*Ducks and covers from incoming Army pers flak*

HAHAHAHA! F*ckin love that mate! ;op

What tickles me is how much the majority of airsofters dislike walts and try to replicate military uniforms in the most respectful way- without wearing badges they don't have the right to or by wearing berets with pins on and a bunch of tits on some forum call us all walting pen pushers. Nowt like sweeping generalizations is there?

Bloody hell, just ready that thread and it's not pretty. You know when they say there are no stupid questions, well I guess we can put that one to bed ;-)

Or is it more like there's no stupid question, just a stupid place to ask it?

I can see why you asked though. It would be interesting to get feedback from serving and ex-forces about our hobby. I know the site I'm a member of has a number of serving soldiers come along every now and again and they seem to enjoy it. I'm ex-army myself, a number of years ago now, but I really enjoy airsoft and take it for what it is, a hobby, a sport, a way to blow off steam from the day job. No one I know involved in airsoft takes it any more seriously than that and I think with the amount of money we spend on weapons and loadouts we can do whatever the bloody hell we like.

I am 100% behind all our armed forces, but unfortunately there are some who are just a bunch of knobs, like there are in any job. Good effort for putting yourself in harms way like that though, I dare you to ask again ;-)

• Supporters

The thing to bear in mind is that soldiers don't get paid much, when you consider what they are called on to do for the money (in between long bouts of make-work and playing at it with blanks). The only way you're going to get people to be prepared to risk their lives is 'esprit de corps'. The sad truth is that you can reach a lower common denominator by teaching them to find common ground with each other because they are all against someone/thing else, than you can by trying to teach them all to be for someone/thing.

I mean, the queen? Really? Who would risk the steam off their piss for some uber-rich old dear in a big house? The British Government? Lying, expense fiddling, sleaze-meisters doing their best to feather their own nests before they'd lift a finger to help a constituent, and even then they'd only do it for the publicity... A rag on a pole? The bloke next to you? Who is he? He hates lefties, liberals, and walts too, he's alright...

Hahaha, there are some exceptions to the rule but most of us are tolerent and easy going people

its just those ignorant and ill informed pillocks that let the side down :(

Unfortunately we do need people like them to make the rest of us look good

made me smile the last part :)

That is very true Richie

I took the oath but end of the day, who did I have to rely on in the mix of it ?

God, queen or country ?? It was the men next to me, the ones who saw each other through training, the guys who stood shoulder to shoulder, they were family to me

I hate these people who are letting the side down :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.